• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Asking again, is this the way InnoGames wants us to shred all of our units for few forge points more than the majority of players?

I am trying my limits now because I found it actually fun, but only for today, its very time consuming waiting for sectors to be taken and finding some easy combos to beat ...
Eveerything feels so slow now.
You're the "rabbit"! I can get to 110 in SAM but no further. You've given me another goal now. IMO, based only on what was stated in the Announcement, I do think that what you are experiencing is what INNO intends. You are pushing limits but many others won't. For sure, attacking army A/D will become even more important for upper tier fighters. Gone will be the days that players with 300/200 stats can fight hundreds of daily battles supported only by a bunch of barracks or a mid-level Traz. I don't think that's a bad thing.

jovada

Regent
Nice but your fight could have been a lot easier if you took first out the glider that attack you first (the first one on the upper side) that would have given you 2 or 3 extra shots (depending if you could take out the second glider that attacks first ) before they could attack you.

-Alin-

Emperor
Nice but your fight could have al lot easier if you took first out the glider that attack you first (the first one on the upper side) that would have given you 2 or 3 extra shots (depending if you could take out the second glider that attacks first ) before they could attack you.
No jovada, You are wrong, my stats will not make the fight that simple as You imagine it.
That's the reason why I not attack that, it's more important to be sure I have one killed out of 4, it makes a huge difference. Going for first is suicide, chances are reduced to kill that one You are saying all the time, and If I don't succeed I have to retreat and try again, so, mine is better.

jovada

Regent
No jovada, You are wrong, my stats will not make the fight that simple as You imagine it.
That's the reason why I not attack that, it's more important to be sure I have one killed out of 4, it makes a huge difference. Going for first is suicide, chances are reduced to kill that one You are saying all the time, and If I don't succeed I have to retreat and try again, so, mine is better.
I'm not sure , all 4 gliders were able to attack you now, you have 5 attacks before his gliders starts maybe one less if you have to use one of the extreme down that can't reach the first one, he has to go for the one beneath that comes in second. Maybe it all depends then if you have a little luck with the "keen eye" or the "killing strike" from AO

Anyway great job to reach 150 :)

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
I'm not sure , all 4 gliders were able to attack you now, you have 5 attacks before his gliders starts maybe one less if you have to use one of the extreme down that can't reach the first one, he has to go for the one beneath that comes in second.

Anyway great job to reach 150 :)
149, I wasn't able for 150, maybe next time :))

conqueror9

Regent
It was a reaction because you said you only received 75 diamonds and spend 250.
It suits you that you payed 5 camps for guildmates and you only did 200 fights but then you must not wonder you only received 75 back, maybe you have to ask how many diamonds your members received back on you payment

Thanks for the reply, but please do not change my statement
I spend 450 diamond (not 250 diamond), and get 75 diamond back

Please do not count my other guildmates, it is a bad statement to innocent player

In previous message from others, it state a player get more diamond than he spend
it refer to PERSONAL, not guild

I just express my feeling, that statement is completely wrong when it apply to me
it may be correct when apply to you
but it is deffinetly incorrect to me

Nessie

Baronet
Had INNO addressed the Bot problem first, maybe they would not have needed a sledgehammer to disable GBG.
If someone needs more than 2000 quests a day, Maybe they are using a bot.
If one player in GVG can beat 10 opponents and win a 80 battle province in less than 15 seconds, Maybe they are using a bot.
If one player in GBG can win 150 VP in less than 1 minute, Maybe they are using a bot.
If one Guild is constantly defeating everyone else effortlessly, Maybe they are using a bot.
I think this post sums it up. InnoGames is always ready to punish all players because they don't manage to take the cheaters out of the game

PackCat

Squire
I just want fun rounds. The farming cooperative is not fun. Fighting against them is not either. The impact they have has spread to other leagues than diamond so now there's no fun there either (sandbagging instead of farming). Some sort of shakeup is needed. Is this that shakeup? Maybe. Can't be worse than the current monotony.
I'll put you down as a rewards and points party pooper? If you learned strategy and invested a little, you would not have to lean on INNO to provide community welfare for weak Guilds who want everything handed to them for free by disabling stronger Guilds.

Do the Olympics make the stronger athletes wear leg irons while running? Just to give participation trophies out to 10th place?
Instead of bringing everyone down to your level, how about learning how to play the game and boost your ability for success.

BritishBoy

Marquis
Do you think if I stop leveling my guildmates 2.0 tomorrow and join the party in the global chat, and start sniping neighbors, I won't be able to compensate for the FP from GBG?;) They should nerf the arc, as Ninjalin already said
Arguable. If you nerf arc from 2.0 to 1.9 than new standard will be 1.8 or 1.85 instead of current 1.9 (and above is your profit). Or help only within guild/friend.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'll put you down as a rewards and points party pooper? If you learned strategy and invested a little, you would not have to lean on INNO to provide community welfare for weak Guilds who want everything handed to them for free by disabling stronger Guilds.

Do the Olympics make the stronger athletes wear leg irons while running? Just to give participation trophies out to 10th place?
Instead of bringing everyone down to your level, how about learning how to play the game and boost your ability for success.
If I wanted rewards and points, I'd be happy in a farming guild wouldn't I? (which i think i've been clear, i wasn't)

I want well-matched battle rounds, at least some of the time.

Amdira

Baronet
Whatever - game over.
The All you can eat buffet has changed its mind, because it thinks you are getting too fat and they willl be broke, if you are coming every day and eating like 5 ppl for the money of one.
Therefore - no matter how much you are paying - you will get only soup and meal, but no dessert anymore
To not seem unfair, everyone else will get the same. No desserts anymore, sry
but please don't stop to pay the whole price :)

Last edited:

Boo...

Baronet
In addition, it was something often remarked upon by our communities and players, who participated in Guild Battlegrounds. We even had this same suggestion polled on different occasions, with players voting overwhelmingly for a change to the Watchtower and Siege camp ability formula.
It was the worst justification for change. The vote above does not match the words of the developer.
Real problems and suggestions are ignored.
Dear developers, do not consult with us, do not deceive us, just do what you want.

Owl II

Emperor
I just want fun rounds. The farming cooperative is not fun. Fighting against them is not either. The impact they have has spread to other leagues than diamond so now there's no fun there either (sandbagging instead of farming). Some sort of shakeup is needed. Is this that shakeup? Maybe. Can't be worse than the current monotony.
Everything is in the eyes of the beholder. Fun in your understanding is a thing not everyone can understand. The only fun in my understanding is when there are more than two strong rivals in the group. Capture provinces at speed. Tactical tricks. A battle at the limit for an important province, with the threat of being knocked off the map. Speed is the key element here. Speed has been taken away from us now. And now the rivalry in diamond will look the same as the rivalry in silver. Wonderful...

You talk all the time about some gold and silver leagues, as if they really exist, as if someone is playing there. I know there are a little more than 200 live guilds on my main world. Maybe 250. 100 are playing in a diamond. The rest are in platinum. If you look at the activity of players in guilds below 200, you will see the live players who enter the game at least once every three days are no more than 1/5. The rest is dead bodies. So do you really want to impose fun in the understanding of this audience on everyone?

Olddude

Farmer
Here is the Problem you can go from Platinum 825 to Diamond 1,000 in a single round that is just stupid. Make it you can only advance one level at a time and it will be a lot fairer. Even up the leagues and there will be no problem. Make the Battle ground a cross over and make it harder to level up...Good grief 9/10 guilds can dominate at 825.

Owl II

Emperor
Arguable. If you nerf arc from 2.0 to 1.9 than new standard will be 1.8 or 1.85 instead of current 1.9 (and above is your profit). Or help only within guild/friend.
Wow, I'd really like to see it! I want to see the reaction "food" for Arcs, when you tell her that will pay 10% less for the same bagels:D:D:D

mintbunnies

Farmer
It is at least satisfying that to read back practically 39 pages of negative comments. Talk about ratioed. I still haven't seen a good argument for this change except for the standard "This change doesn't affect me but I think it's a good idea".

Also:
92 YES votes 31.1%
208 NO votes 70.3%

And people wonder about INNO math.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Everything is in the eyes of the beholder. Fun in your understanding is a thing not everyone can understand. The only fun in my understanding is when there are more than two strong rivals in the group. Capture provinces at speed. Tactical tricks. A battle at the limit for an important province, with the threat of being knocked off the map. Speed is the key element here. Speed has been taken away from us now. And now the rivalry in diamond will look the same as the rivalry in silver. Wonderful...

You talk all the time about some gold and silver leagues, as if they really exist, as if someone is playing there. I know there are a little more than 200 live guilds on my main world. Maybe 250. 100 are playing in a diamond. The rest are in platinum. If you look at the activity of players in guilds below 200, you will see the live players who enter the game at least once every three days are no more than 1/5. The rest is dead bodies. So do you really want to impose fun in the understanding of this audience on everyone?
Speed can be an element, but it shouldn't be the only element. If you want nothing but speed, GvG is always there with its horribly outdated boost values.

I would replace "strong rivals" with "equal rivals" and then I think we mostly agree. It really doesn't seem to happen much anymore though in my experience.

I talk about platinum a lot - gold and silver I pass through now and then when there's a new guild I'm playing around in - or when I decide to do a little something on an alt world for some reason. There are actual guilds in there, even if they don't measure up to your standards (or mine for that matter) ;) There has to be, otherwise the number of guilds in diamond would be decreasing as diamond destroys points (from the cap - a 1000 diamond group with 8 guilds will have the top 4's points gain go to the nether, and the bottom 4 lose points) and the thing propping guilds up is new points rising up from copper.

As for imposing "my fun" on everyone, no moreso than "your fun" is imposed on me now. I would like at least variety in the types of rounds I see. Not months and months of farming (when i was in a 1000 guild). Not always easy rounds in platinum and impossible rounds in diamond (in the small-medium guilds which were the last place I used to find fun before so many guilds started fearing diamond that they'll beg you to take 1st in platinum).

For which the meta needs a good shake. I have no doubt there'll still be farmers, especially at first. But over time if the incentive to be farmers isn't as big, there should be other approaches that rise as well giving rounds some more variety. And possibly the matching may improve because of the shift of what makes a guild "strong enough to promote".

The Lady Ann

Baronet
I think the Number 1 reason for the negative comments is that INNO decided without polling the community to restrict a player's ability to fight,
YET they ignored for the last 3 years all the complaints about Bots, Macros, and Cheaters.

Had INNO addressed the Bot problem first, maybe they would not have needed a sledgehammer to disable GBG.
If someone needs more than 2000 quests a day, Maybe they are using a bot.
If one player in GVG can beat 10 opponents and win a 80 battle province in less than 15 seconds, Maybe they are using a bot.
If one player in GBG can win 150 VP in less than 1 minute, Maybe they are using a bot.
If one Guild is constantly defeating everyone else effortlessly, Maybe they are using a bot.

I would agree with all EXCEPT the last statement

I Know a great dominant guild does not need to use bots Redemption EN international server 17 months unbeaten till Loony Tunes was formed from top players from other guilds with the aim to beat us, now we share the spoils when we meet sometimes they win sometimes we do

and how did we become so dominant? era clustering, focus on treasury, using message apps (like Discord) to call all fighters to arms in a timely manner, helping newer members with fighting GB's giving them strategies to fight for longer and smarter and yes using SC's and speeding them with diamonds a lot an awful lot of diamonds