• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
This punishes good Guilds only and does nothing to improve lazy bad poor Guilds.

A better idea would be to make sectors more cost prohibitive like in GVG.
These two statements contradict each other!

But no one has ever questioned the feelings of the guilds who never asked to be in the 1,000 LP league and who spend 2 weeks as spectators.

Solutions existed and you had your hands on some but your greed caught up with you and now you are crying, WITHOUT YET HAVING TESTED THE NEW!

On one of my live worlds, all guilds have a policy in place not to block any guild, even those that shouldn't be in league 1,000 LP
We will also be penalized even though we had found a solution acceptable to all.

Tresco

Farmer
Think it will be the beginning of the end for FoE, it will only be necessary to log in once a day, at reset, do GvG, fight the
120/200 GbG battles most people will be restricted to (depending on the vagueries of attrition counter), catch up with
GE, aid & do collections should be take 30/40 minutes depending on GvG, no need to spend diamonds and then
can concentrate on the other game you've found cos this one has gone to the dogs.
I don't believe reasons coming out of Inno, I think it is the negate the use of macros etc. in the game, which Inno
don't seem to be able to control consequently the rest of us will have our enjoyment curtailed, never mind plenty
of other games out there

conqueror9

Regent
that is a lie

always would mean ALWAYS

but after the mean enemy guild 1 took it you don't have that sector for 4 hours
and then the other mean guild takes it in a few minutes and it is blocked again for 4 hours

so your "always" is only a few minutes
I do not get your points
4 hours later, the shield is down, u may have 160 battles

it sounds you do not want other to touch a sector
once the shield is down, only your guild can touch it
that is completely broken a war game ...

farming ground does not imply u can own that sector, it just means u can fights to get treasures

the sector owner is always the one who completely the 160 battles 1st
u want to own that sector, you need your guildmate to help to do that 160 battles faster than others

that is what i try to say...Guild effort ...it is never a individual player issue, it is guild issue

Owl II

Emperor
You still need to build enough Camps/Watchtowers to get any attrition reduction at all you know? ^^
Of course it will not be 100% reduction anymore, but 66.6% is worth the 4 Camps in my eyes. :)
You were promised Maybach if you fill the treasury with goods. But when you did, you got a Volkswagen beetle. And don't you dare get angry! You still have 4 wheels and a motor.;)

Fine, you've officially ruined the game. At least I will save money on those biggest diamond packages every 3-4 months, because there's no longer a reason to go higher on attack. I will never spend another penny on this game. Changing rules after multiple years, huh? Not a PENNY.

on the contrary... only now there is reason to go high on attack... before it was pointless.. no attrition, no need for high attack...

conqueror9

Regent
Please stop with your argument that there will be less spending on diamonds!
That's not your problem and if you're being honest, the bigger diamond spenders in GbG were earning more diamonds from endless battles.
The decrease in diamond consumption will be compensated by the decrease in diamond earnings, this will not affect sales and as I have already said, it is not OUR problem!

It sound to me, you get more diamond than u spend
It is strict oppose to me, I ALWAYS earn super lesser diamond than I spend

u a much lucky than me......
hope your earn diamond is purely due to your usage ( not usage of your guildmates )

if player earn more diamond than spend, Inno should adjust and lower the chance of giving out diamond , that is 1 of in-balance that Inno need to adjust

Astrid

Baronet
There is only one question for me here: if I trained young players before, promising them high-quality farming and rapid development in our guild, then what should I offer them now? If I insisted on leveling the guild GB before, telling the players that this is more useful than leveling Zeus and Castel, because the SC removes attrition, then what should I tell them now?
That's the most funny comment I read here in a while. What can I say, one must take responsibility for his / her own actions. I was a guild founder some time ago, now just leader and we never imposed such rules. Observatory was always optional and it was enough for people to understand that it was necessary to level for guild battle grounds, but only after they have sorted their Aachen, Zeus and Monte to level 60. Atomium - very few people have it in my guild, yet when AI Core came out many players, leaders and founders started to level it first. We also had many players camped in Future era and they quickly adopted the AI Core and started to change eras. Now with the Arc, Observatory and AI Core we get plenty of goods to the treasury and each session we make sector swaps with other guilds.

As for the change itself, I have an idea how it will impact us, obviously less fights and no more somewhat forced guild "friendships", some guilds can't wait to corner other ones if given the chance, but for convenience they just make swaps(some of them don't even talk to each other lol) for farming. I guess it will be fun to see some traps and forts in action.

Emberguard

Emperor
You missed my point. I said guilds won't build full camps. People are debating how 66% attrition will kill the game but are not even factoring that it's not worth building 4 camps. As it's been said above, it looks like traps and forts will be used instead
4 Camps are cheaper to set up than 5, and it frees up available slots.

It’ll be interesting to see whether Guilds avoid using 4 camps or not, but I see no logical reason to avoid building that 4th Camp. Certainly not on any Guild that was already building 5 camps. They can easily max out the Attrition, and use the spare slot to build a Fortress to min-max on farming at the 66% (not necessarily as a defensive measure). The costs would remain the same as they are now.

and isn't there an attrition cap of 150

so your goal could be to beat the enemy at attrition 150 and then do unlimited fights again :D
Which players already do. Not many, but some can beat attrition 150.

You were promised Maybach if you fill the treasury with goods. But when you did, you got a Volkswagen beetle. And don't you dare get angry! You still have 4 wheels and a motor.;)
I must have overlooked the announcement from INNO promising players zero attrition battles. However, I do recall seeing communication where they reserve the right to change the game anytime they deem it necessary. From your earlier post I gather that you promised your guild zero attrition battles....you may have to walk that back now but that's not INNO's problem.

It sound to me, you get more diamond than u spend
It is strict oppose to me, I ALWAYS earn super lesser diamond than I spend

u a much lucky than me......
hope your earn diamond is purely due to your usage ( not usage of your guildmates )

if player earn more diamond than spend, Inno should adjust and lower the chance of giving out diamond , that is 1 of in-balance that Inno need to adjust
No. On average, completing GE64 results in about 110 diamonds. Do GE64 every week, spend fewer than 110 diamonds weekly, watch your diamond inventory grow...and I've not even mentioned the other ways to gather diamonds. Gather more...spend less. :cool:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I don't understand this one. Where was I promised to get something of higher quality in the game? Camps are still Camps, they still have the same effect. It is not like I get a random building by placing Camps. I get what I paid guild goods for.

congratulations innogames for the courage to change the paradigm of battlefields. guilds that played without alliances were crushed by guilds that lived changing sectors and raising the flag 159 advances. this change will allow guilds that played in a more competitive format without intensive farming objectives to have a better chance of succeeding on the battlefield.
congratulations innogames for the courage to face the elephants.

Lucky Starr

Farmer
We have 3 types of guilds that look at the GG differently:

There are the big strong guilds. These guilds will have their battles split more evenly internally after this update. The strong players are capped while the slower players get more fights. In the end, however, the guild will have a similar total number of fights. Little changes for these guilds.

Then there are the guilds with players who either don't care about GG at all or who either fight a few times on the sofa in the evening or don't. Nothing changes for these players either.

Finally we have the average guild with the average player who has complained about the GG so far because the big guilds are crushing everything. So far they have depended on what the big, strong guilds are doing. If the big guilds are there, there was nothing to get. Since nothing will change for the big strong guilds, nothing will change for the smaller guilds either. If the big strong guilds are not there, the average guilds have always been able to get involved. With this change, however, they will be limited. In contrast to the large, strong guilds, the average guild lives on less active players and when they are capped, nothing works.

In conclusion, this change will hit the guilds most negatively, for which the positive change was probably intended: the average guilds.

Well, and if the average guild tries to get out of their corner by a push or at night, the strong guilds simply build fortresses and let the average guilds eat attrition, so that after capturing a sector, which then does not require 160 points, but 256 (2 fortresses) through and can't get any further.

Well meant, poorly implemented.

Bestio

Farmer
Hi again! We now spoke extensively about the change among guildmates in live server and: Dear Inno, if the collection of feedback was also meant as a way to measure how much players are attached to this particular game feature of the Siege Camp Ability, I think we can safely say many are pretty much attached to it. This surely means that many many would find it suitable to invest diamonds into it, if there will be a feature that restore the zero attrition with diamonds. Would it be possible to know if you are excluding this option at all (chance of having zero attrition back by spending diamonds) or not? Because if this option is not excluded (or instead planned indeed) then I think we can already now safely move on discussing how much would we players be keen to invest into it.

Owl II

Emperor
I don't understand this one. Where was I promised to get something of higher quality in the game? Camps are still Camps, they still have the same effect. It is not like I get a random building by placing Camps. I get what I paid guild goods for.
It's too bad you don't understand. But this does not change the situation: where we received previously 4 points of attrition for 100 fights, now we will receive 40 points of attrition for the same amount of goods. You have devalued the guild's goods with one click for 10 times. But that's not the bad thing, in the end. The bad thing is that you don't even try to fix anything in GBG. You just punished the most active part of your audience. As always, however

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Personally I think zero attrition over hundreds of fights was like abusing a loophole (which is against the rules). Inno corrected (admittedly too late) but at least has the merit of making attrition useful.
I found it abnormal that with my small guild, even by increasing my daily attrition to 90, I reaped less reward than some in large guilds who carried out 5 times more fights than me without ever exceeding 20 attrition.

jovada

Regent
I can only approve the change.

66% of no attrition you still can do a lot of fights but not endless farming thats positive.

I read that a lot of players will not investe in %att/def anymore , why not ? the higher you have the more attrition you can handel so leveling att/def is still good.

From the beginning the game was not intended for endless farming, but developers forgot that players always try to find a way to take max profit, now the other buildings will maybe make more sense to.

Diamonds will not make a big difference for inno, even the one greedy player that waits for his mates to reach the middle and then pays 5 camps (250 diamonds) and take two sectors by his own 320 fights has the chance to recover most of his investment and if like often they agreed with other guild to leave the camps even can make a win if the camps are still there.

conqueror9

Regent
It sound to me, some player do not quite understanding GBG

If your guild do not want to de-grade, rank 1 to 5 in GBG are the same to keep your guild grade, ranking is just a glory of guild only unless u rank 6 ...

you need to give out sector in order to get 160 battles ( amount require to conquer a sector ) back
Turning whole map to same color as your guild from begin to end of GBG, no one get a sector from your guild, your guild is already a LOSER

GBG is a battles of getting more battles (more farming treasures opportunites, there is no treausres to own a sector, but there may have treasure coming from battles) , to do it,

u have to let other guild to get as many as sectors from you in a way that u can get it back later, in some form, some guilds do exchange silence, the map may change from nearly blue to nearly red, 4 hour hours to nearly green...... depending on amount of good-GBG- guild, sometimes, it is just 2 color, sometimes 3 color, sometime 4 color, sometimes a mixture several colors....they are guild fighting to get more battles ( it looks like sector, but actually it is BATTLES, for each sector , there is some 160 battles connecting with that sectors )
to achieve this, u need to reduce lost of attri due to battles with the help of sc, share attri with your guildmates.....that is guild GBG strategy

Unless you meet with some very bad guild, you are always have 3 sector connecting with HQ, that is 3X160 battles, some guild may allow your guild to get it. But it is usually you may have 80 to 150 battles on it. If that sector do not have building slot, u can even own it as it provide 160 battles to other guild. for sector with building slot, chance of own it ( you still have chance ) is greatly reduced as other guild may want it to build sc in order to allow them to get more battles on other area......

if you see sector with 159, you do not do battles, it is your guild problem.... those good-GBG-guild will not close that battles unless it is at risk of catpure by you. sometimes, your guild can even allow to capture it as that guild wants 159 battles, not that sectors. you capture it, so they can have another 159 to 160 battles....., in the past GBG, I have seen a lot of sector being stolen or given away like that.

if your guild are familar with GBG, you may still have a chance to run out to central with a good co-operation of guildmates. Even you are with several guild ranking within 10, a good works still able to do it. If you cannot do it, that means you need to improve your guild co-operation in reaching some targets ( goals).

GBG is never 1 player or a few player game. It involve a lot of guild works.