• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

PackCat

Squire
The funny thing is that so far almost only the opponents of the change have shown pictures of the maps and statistics.
Supporters of the change speak from intuition and assumptions, but so far they have not been able to substantiate with anything that the GBG has changed beneficially in any form.
The mission statement of any game designer is to make the gaming experience better for the player.
This change does not make the gaming experience better, it simply handicaps the scores.
It makes it harder for great players, and somehow that is suppose to translate into a more enjoyable experience for the weak who have not put in their time, energy, city building, and Guild building. It is simply doing away with champions and giving out participation trophies to the weak and lazy.

Caveat: What I mean by weak and lazy: They are unwilling to fight hard & fast even when sectors are basically handed to them.
It should not take 4 hours to capture a sector. If it takes more than 30 minutes, they need to refine their Guild, or play in the lower leagues.
Diamond league should mean something and be for the strong fighters against other strong players.

PackCat

Squire
"We always envisioned attrition to be an important factor. Previously, these province buildings could be stacked to the extent — that when an adjacent province is conquered — guilds could effectively completely nullify the chance of receiving attrition. Stacking Siege Camps and Watchtowers, therefore, became too powerful and caused significant balancing issues between different guilds and players."
It seems to me, IF you can capture enough adjoining sectors and build camps, then maybe you deserve to have lower attrition.
I think it is over-assumed that Guilds have ALL their fights with no attrition.
This is usually only possible with the center sectors. If there is strong competition due to proper matching, you are going to have several Guilds fighting for the center at the same time.
IF the possibility of low attrition exists, then beyond proper competition matching, INNO could re-balance the map and spread the building slots more evenly throughout the map instead of mostly bunched up near the center. (All the 3 slots are adjoined at center)
This would not require them to use a sledgehammer when they only need surgical scissors.

Owl II

Emperor
Caveat: What I mean by weak and lazy: They are unwilling to fight hard & fast even when sectors are basically handed to them.
It should not take 4 hours to capture a sector. If it takes more than 30 minutes, they need to refine their Guild, or play in the lower leagues.
Diamond league should mean something and be for the strong fighters against other strong players.
Moreover, such a game is a hellish hell for both a weak guild and a strong one. It's lucky if there is a second strong guild and you can swap tiles with it. Even if this guild is enemy to you, you still swap tiles. That's the design. That's gameplay. But there is nothing worse when you have to wait half a day when your neighbors on the map slowly exercise their constitutional right to farming a little

Beta King

Viceroy
I've given my own experience and given plenty of information on how I play and how my guild is on the live servers, I'm not in a guild on beta, I don't have time for that.

You ask - if it was so achievable don't I think they would have been doing so already? No is the answer to that, I joined a mid level guild for one campaign lets say 6 months ago, this guild never did anything, in the one solitary campaign I had there I got everyone involved we played tactics and destroyed the competition, that's one person wanting to make a difference, I left and it reverted to how it was before, so yea there's your answer if one person can make a difference it really shows it doesn't take much.

I should be happy if I like tactics you say, I imagine there will be so much tactics for me coming on for 5 mins a day to get my permited quota of fights, to do nothing more than farm a few rewards. tactics are nigh on dead post nerf, lack of races and such will make it as dull as every other aspect of the game.

I'm not angry, I welcome the nerf, already happily passively playing the last 3 weeks, it's only for the fact nearly at a goal I set myself I continue on to some degree after which will likely either give up with it completely or at very least reduce time spent even further, have no desire to invest much more time in the game, I doubt I'd even go back to how I used to play if they don't bring it in, last 3 weeks of hardly playing have been best 3 weeks in the last year but I'll still argue the point as to how bad this is for the game for those that do still care.
I as well welcome the nerf now, in the last 2 weeks i have left my guild to go solo! I log on do my 90-100 fights per day(no goods or diamonds needed) after collecting my city and use all the FPs to snipe my hood and only have to log in once a day for a minimal amount of time so i would love for this to hit live so i can watch the fallout! I will be changing all my no votes to yes, Jovada, Pericles, Crashboom and deadpool you can thank me in a few months!

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
This is the subject of contradictions, in fact. Why are you asking for a few fights where you shouldn't be?
Surely you do it on purpose?
Yes it's been 2 years that members of medium guilds have been asking to be able to play in GbG, but until proven otherwise we are not deciding how to do it. We made proposals for groupings that were never accepted.
This nerf is not our choice, but it is clear that it somewhat meets our expectations.
When those against speak out it's just to say that we (medium guilds) have to do things differently, never sympathy or constructive discourse.

Now you blame us for not rebelling against Inno? Are you serious ???

Inno lowered ALL abilities by restoring strategy and management to his attrition count. That you don't agree, I can understand that, but that you reproach those who see the end of the tunnel, it's baseness!

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I will be changing all my no votes to yes, Jovada, Pericles, Crashboom and deadpool you can thank me in a few months!
Didn't you announce the end of your game if Inno put it live?
Because in a few months, I will still be here having fun with my guild rather than being the spoiled child like you who left your guild for no reason. Nice for the members who had to appreciate you, you show a superb solidarity!

Yekk

Viceroy
Because in a few months, I will still be here having fun with my guild rather than being the spoiled child like you who left your guild for no reason. Nice for the members who had to appreciate you, you show a superb solidarity!
his post was sarcasm

The mission statement of any game designer is to make the gaming experience better for the player.
Ya think? I think that the game designers have bosses who have bosses, and so on. Ultimately, all are responsible to the shareholders and all that shareholders care about is ROI (well, some shareholders may eschew profits in favor of social responsibility but that hardly applies to an entertainment company like INNO).

Yekk

Viceroy
Surely you do it on purpose?
Yes it's been 2 years that members of medium guilds have been asking to be able to play in GbG, but until proven otherwise we are not deciding how to do it. We made proposals for groupings that were never accepted.
This nerf is not our choice, but it is clear that it somewhat meets our expectations.
When those against speak out it's just to say that we (medium guilds) have to do things differently, never sympathy or constructive discourse.

Now you blame us for not rebelling against Inno? Are you serious ???

Inno lowered ALL abilities by restoring strategy and management to his attrition count. That you don't agree, I can understand that, but that you reproach those who see the end of the tunnel, it's baseness!
There is no strategy now, strong guild takes tiles then waits a day or more for the weak guild to MAYBE retake tiles. Fights are not at 66% because they are at the weak guilds. Everyone loses. The one guild in my current league that could trade tiles with us has been to the middle once. It ran out of attrition... The rest are not able to compete.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
his post was sarcasm
And what would his "sacarsm" bring to the discussion?
As much as the solutions he gives to overcome this nerve or as much as his hatred towards those who suffered for 2 years?
In France, this is called "l'arroseur arrosé"!

There is no strategy now, strong guild takes tiles then waits a day or more for the weak guild to MAYBE retake tiles.
So according to your remark there is no less strategy either!

The one guild in my current league that could trade tiles with us has been to the middle once. It ran out of attrition... The rest are not able to compete.
Don't you think that with this nerf and after a few seasons, these weak guilds won't even be able to access the diamond league, thus allowing groupings that are a little less unbalanced?

There is no strategy now, strong guild takes tiles then waits a day or more for the weak guild to MAYBE retake tiles. Fights are not at 66% because they are at the weak guilds. Everyone loses. The one guild in my current league that could trade tiles with us has been to the middle once. It ran out of attrition... The rest are not able to compete.
Meanwhile, your guild is racking up VPs like it's going out of style! It is all about "competition" right?

HunZ95

Squire
but they earned the right to be there :rolleyes:

and it is not your business to decide how they have play there o_O

and who says: they cannot ?
for me it is: they don't want to :p
This is a fairy tale.
If they don't want to occupy it, they will still bump it up to at least 150.

Yeah, it's not for me to decide. You, on the other hand, want to dictate how competitive players play and expect them to be weakened just so you can get more for 0 effort.

Beta King

Viceroy
Where exactly did i say i was quitting if this went live? There is no way i would not stay long enough to watch the fallout from this! This is the best plan Inno ever came up with, popcorn in hand lets go! Cutting my game play down so much has been refreshing but knowing people are still getting tons of fights and growing their cities is kind of annoying so honestly shutting them down will make slow playing my game a little easier...

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
@Yekk > I may be wrong but if the "cons" to this nerf offered Inno better grouping methods that would suit the majority of guilds, maybe Inno would be more inclined to raise this nerf without however return to zero attrition.

Yekk

Viceroy
And what would his "sacarsm" bring to the discussion?
As much as the solutions he gives to overcome this nerve or as much as his hatred towards those who suffered for 2 years?
In France, this is called "l'arroseur arrosé"!

So according to your remark there is no less strategy either!

Don't you think that with this nerf and after a few seasons, these weak guilds won't even be able to access the diamond league, thus allowing groupings that are a little less unbalanced?
You have to be kidding... this nerf has nothing to do with final rankings of any league. The guild in 2nd would have been that pre-nerf. The one that does not fight at all (is tanking this league) will as usual place last. Jovada's guild looks to get 4th. His guild would not have been stuffed. His guild would have seen more fights pre-nerf. His guild is back in its base. No traps are being used. They just can not fight...

HunZ95

Squire
Just because they change the stats of the building, why would the distribution of the league change?
Should know the basic operation of GBG and then make suggestions, then there wouldn't be such big arguments between the players, because everyone would know to what extent what you suggest changes the game.
Of course this would still be an effort, and we can see that it causes problems for many players, which is why the campaigning is going on.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Just because they change the stats of the building, why would the distribution of the league change?
I don't think guilds will be able to dominate in platinum anymore with this nerf, given the feedback from what you say about "soft" guilds.
So if they can no longer dominate in platinum, they will no longer have access to diamonds, so the diamond league would have fewer weak guilds.
I'm not prejudging anything, I'm saying it will take a few seasons to see if it works before we review the MMR system.

HunZ95

Squire
I don't think guilds will be able to dominate in platinum anymore with this nerf, given the feedback from what you say about "soft" guilds.
So if they can no longer dominate in platinum, they will no longer have access to diamonds, so the diamond league would have fewer weak guilds.
I'm not prejudging anything, I'm saying it will take a few seasons to see if it works before we review the MMR system.
Whoever dominated the platinum league until now will continue to do so, just with fewer battles. Regardless, get the same amount of LP at the end.