• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Goldra

Marquis
I think it will be a tower for every tournament. The first tower looks like a summer tower; actual tower looks like a autumn tower. Next tournament will have a white tower?

all places give nothing. winning the whole championship gives just a +1 in the won column

only at the end of season there will be 3000, 1000 & 500 fragments for the first 3 guild in each diamond league

they take a better place in the spotlight for 3 days before the next championship starts
but no fragments. because nobody gets fragments there. not even the 1st

after that the ranking resets: nobody remembers the 2nd or 3rd
Understood thanks. So, there's no benefit from the rating. I don't like Battlegrounds. But I need a 2 lvl Tower as a decoration for the city. I joined an active guild just to build one.

angelgail

Baronet
when i check guilds, would like to see the guild rank first .not the gbg rank first.
also some are having trouble finding guilds. as they dont relize they need to hit that trophy button to get to the regular guild list .
but it is what it is just saying

Arch1e

Marquis
when i check guilds, would like to see the guild rank first .not the gbg rank first.
also some are having trouble finding guilds. as they dont relize they need to hit that trophy button to get to the regular guild list .
but it is what it is just saying
That is the ranking. It lacks specific information that you find behind the trophy, like how many members a guild has. But it’s meant to be the only ranking, they were meant to remove the GvG based one from mobile but messed it up so guessing they don’t dare touch it now.

bornempire

Steward
Wow: a reply from Inno came on Forum, about the bug, not calculation Victory Points: "This has been reported, but I'm not sure if this will be fixed before next Tuesday."

PilgrimDK

Merchant
What did they get for the effort? 72 hours of fame and that's about it. In about 12 hours their 2nd place finish will be little more than a memory and they will have beachfront property for the next two weeks trying to fight in D1000. Where I come from, this is called "a difficult climb to a lousy view".
never said anything about fame, only that it happened

PilgrimDK

Merchant
That is the ranking. It lacks specific information that you find behind the trophy, like how many members a guild has. But it’s meant to be the only ranking, they were meant to remove the GvG based one from mobile but messed it up so guessing they don’t dare touch it now.
Also you can´t find Guilds in GbG ranking list that dont play GbG, they simply don´t exists.

Amitola1

Farmer
Hopefully INNO can clean things up. It appears that Diamond is no longer a valid league. It's a Championship If they want to keep Diamond it should become a proving grounds for guilds. Then set up a true Championship where the best of the best duke it out for the bragging rights. Those guilds in the championship would not eligible to participate in Diamond until the Championship is over. A new championship would then begin with the top guilds from Diamond and the guilds from the previous championship would be able to participate in Diamond to requalify for the next championship. They could also run 8 championships simultaneously and have the winners of those be matched for the title of Ultimate "King of the Hill". Rinse and repeat.

RKinG

Squire
Royal Tower of Champions Lv. 2 built

for the last tournament of the GBG series, it would be necessary to have a fight of the first 3 guilds together because without it it gives a taste of unfinished business because without any of the guilds is the champion

Ozziegal

Farmer
The removal of the lower league wins from the overall GBG championship rankings is a welcome change, but it doesn't go far enough to address the perverse incentives WITHIN the diamond league in relation to the towers. Because of the way the current matchmaking algorithm works, there is an artificial two-tier system within the diamond league, with the difficult 1000LP maps and the less-competitive 900+LP maps. Inno may consider diamond to be one league, but it does not operate that way for players.

Within the diamond league currently there are a small number of super guilds (Group A) on most servers who can beat all other guilds in GBG. These are the guilds fighting it out for the actual championship win, and they are always on the 1000LP maps. There are also usually a next tier of guilds (Group B), who are competitive but can't beat the super guilds. These guilds usually come in the top half of the rankings each season so also remain in the 1000LP maps. Then we we have Group C - the guilds who are not at all competitive in the 1000LP maps and cannot beat guilds from Group A or B, so bounce between these maps and the 900+ maps. And then there are the guilds which drop out to platinum which have already been addressed.
  • Within Group A, one or two (depending on how the matchmaking plays out) will win 5-6 seasons and the Level 2 tower (15-18K fragments).
  • Some of Group A (if they meet each other too often) and some of Group B may win a single season and come 2nd the rest of the time and get the Level 1 tower (8K fragments).
  • The rest of Group A and B can at best come 2nd in each season and will NOT win enough fragments for a tower (6K fragments at most).
  • Group C however can win in the 900+LP map then come 5th-6th in the 1000LP map next season for 3 wins and 3 low places and win a Level 1 tower (9K fragments).
Consequently, Group C end up with more rewards - and the additional strength these towers provide their players - than those guilds in Group A and B who are challenging for the win. This creates a perverse outcome and disincentives guilds (apart from those who can beat everyone) from playing competitively in the 1000LP maps as they are better off bouncing between the 2 maps. It also disincentives guilds from wanting to grow and get stronger to challenge the top guilds as they will lose out along that journey.

Two things could be done to fix this.
1 - the matchmaking algorithm needs to be fixed to remove the artificial two-tier system within the diamond league (I appreciate this may not be simple and may take time), and
2 - the tower fragments awarded for placings in GBG need to be adjusted to reward guilds who TRY to win more than those who play to lose. A simple increase in the amount of fragments awarded for 2nd place from 1000 to 1250 would at least give a guild who came 2nd every season the same rewards as one who came 5th, 1st, 5th, 1st, 5th, 1st (this could be implemented immediately without much difficulty).

mawthecat

Farmer
@Ozziegal: excellent analysis of the current situation.

With my main world we are in Group 3
  • The rest of Group A and B can at best come 2nd in each season and will NOT win enough fragments for a tower (6K fragments at most)
and this situation is more than a bit frustrating. You fight against Nr1 of your world, end up second, end finally get - nothing!

Devilsangel

Baronet
It's actually not that easy to end up in group C)) a lot of guilds are ready to rip your throat out for placing 6th to get the -75. And only the 6th place brings the possibility to enter the lower half. So it is also a big challenge, don't see a problem there since they can only get a lvl 1 and only if they don't screw up even once. I'd even go so far as to say it's even harder than just being a big strong guildor in case of players running around those strong guilds just for the building.
As far as I can see those 1-3 guilds who won the last championship are placed with weaker guilds this championship 3 out 6 times so far on a couple of worlds in my server. The guild with 2-3 wins have a better shuffle matchmaking algorithm.
I don't care much one way or the other, I hate gbg) just saying that it not easy. Watched for a few seasons the fight between 4-5-6-7 places, was way more fun than watching the upper half) they all had approximately the same points up to the last night +/-100 points, and that is very hard to guess who gets the 6th)