• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

coolmite

Farmer
I know nothing was supposed to have changed with the matching algorithms. But on my main, we have been with the same (#2) guild 5 of the 7 seasons so far since the new GBG changes. The odds of that happening randomly seem pretty long.

It is also funny to me the rankings don't take championships into account. I know it will only be for an hour until VP calc, but the champion from last season is in 6th right now.

Last edited:
It is also funny to me the rankings don't take championships into account. I know it will only be for an hour until VP calc, but the champion from last season is in 6th right now.
If you think about it, it makes sense. A guild could win the Championship several times then suffer an exodus of members becoming a much weaker version of itself but still be in 1st place if the number of Championship wins determined the ranking.

CrashBoom

Legend
It is also funny to me the rankings don't take championships into account.
it is funny to think a team having more championships won should get an advantage in the next championships :D

if Real Madrid and CF Barcelona were tied then Real Madrid would win. great joke

and funny
we all knew that the "won championship column" is only for the ego of the players
and now it shows who has an ego problem because he isn't on top because of it

Last edited:

coolmite

Farmer
it is funny to think a team having more championships won should get an advantage in the next championships :D

if Real Madrid and CF Barcelona were tied then Real Madrid would win. great joke

and funny
we all knew that the "won championship column" is only for the ego of the players
and now it shows who has an ego problem because he isn't on top because of it
Oh, it wasn't my guild - not sure where the 'ego' comment came from. I was just noting that the guild that won the championship last season started the season in 6th. I guess it was a random order of the 1000LP guilds with a level of 100. And I wasn't advocating for any 'advantage' - just stating that all things being equal (guilds in LP1000, with 0 VP, 0 victories, 100 guild level... I would expect the guild with the most championships to be ranked first.

It isn't even a big deal since it is only for the first hour anyway.

Last edited:

coolmite

Farmer
If you think about it, it makes sense. A guild could win the Championship several times then suffer an exodus of members becoming a much weaker version of itself but still be in 1st place if the number of Championship wins determined the ranking.
Like I said, it doesn't really matter since it is only for the first hour. But I would probably make the 5th tie-breaker championships. That really only comes into play for the first hour of a new championship when everything else is zero.

Shelby GT500

Merchant
By not assigning fragments of the champion tower except to the first 3 guilds of each session, Inno is, increasingly and abruptly, tipping the balance towards the 2/3 strongest guilds that always occupy the same places. Just look at the quantity of goods that such a building provides to the guilds, which further strengthen their treasuries. The fragments must be distributed beyond 3rd place, a distribution that should allow everyone, at the end of the championship, to at least build level 1 of the tower of champions. If this continues as it is, it's not even worth it for the less strong guilds to spend hundreds of thousands of goods per session! Inno, open your eyes!!!!

ArklurBeta

Baronet
Disagree. Make a stronger guild. Do you think creating a guild and keep it up is that simple? Then do it. If you know it's not that simple, accept those top guilds getting something the lesser guilds can't get.

This request of yours is very similar when someone brought up not enough TG fragments are given for players because not even 3 rounds (I think it was 3 rounds) is enough to get one. Rewards: high, effort: medium/low.

Not to mention, people already brought it up that winning championship has little to 0 meaning (which is right, it's nothing more than a +1 next to the guild's name in one of the columns), decrease the value of winning even further won't make it better.

TL;DR: If you want the good/great rewards, put the effort into setting up a guild to get those.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
This request of yours is very similar when someone brought up not enough TG fragments are given for players because not enough 3 rounds (I think it was 3 rounds) is enough to get one. Rewards: high, effort: medium/low.

If we assume you'd get the Tourney Grounds fragments somewhere between 4,000 - 5,000 fights, at 3 rounds that's only between 1,333 - 1,666 fights per season.

Or did you mean Tower of Champions?

Disagree. Make a stronger guild. Do you think creating a guild and keep it up is that simple? Then do it. If you know it's not that simple, accept those top guilds getting something the lesser guilds can't get.

This request of yours is very similar when someone brought up not enough TG fragments are given for players because not enough 3 rounds (I think it was 3 rounds) is enough to get one. Rewards: high, effort: medium/low.

Not to mention, people already brought it up that winning championship has little to 0 meaning (which is right, it's nothing more than a +1 next to the guild's name in one of the columns), decrease the value of winning even further won't make it better.

TL;DR: If you want the good/great rewards, put the effort into setting up a guild to get those.
It’s normal when one large guild plays against strong opponents, spends a lot of goods, and at the end of the championship should get to 3rd place, but at the same time another guild, which has 5 people, plays against weak opponents, starting from the bronze league, gains a lot victories and points, and at the end of the championship ends up in 3rd place,
and takes the tower fragments that the other guild deserved?...

It’s normal when one large guild plays against strong opponents, spends a lot of goods, and at the end of the championship should get to 3rd place, but at the same time another guild, which has 5 people, plays against weak opponents, starting from the bronze league, gains a lot victories and points, and at the end of the championship ends up in 3rd place,
Is this hypothetical or did it actually happen?

Owl II

Emperor
The prize of champions are given to those who fight and win, not those who serve the strongest. ;)
BTW, Iceberg didn't receive a tower either. Failed face control

ArklurBeta

Baronet
Maybe I misunderstood, but based on what you've wrote, it seems like you assume there is a reward for being the #N when a championship ends.
As it was pointed out, there is no reward there, it's 100% just a number, absolutely 0 technical value (of course bragging rights comes with it).

So, what you wrote is rather about the broken mechanism of deciding who is the winner of a championship, which for the 3487563th time, yes, it is broken, but has nothing to do with where this "thread" started, which is reward for a single round of a championship, where I don't mind at all that the 3rd barely gets anything compared to 1st and 2nd.

Owl II

Emperor
Maybe I misunderstood, but based on what you've wrote, it seems like you assume there is a reward for being the #N when a championship ends.
As it was pointed out, there is no reward there, it's 100% just a number, absolutely 0 technical value (of course bragging rights comes with it).

So, what you wrote is rather about the broken mechanism of deciding who is the winner of a championship, which for the 3487563th time, yes, it is broken, but has nothing to do with where this "thread" started, which is reward for a single round of a championship, where I don't mind at all that the 3rd barely gets anything compared to 1st and 2nd.
He meant that the weak guild from the copper league reached the diamond league by the end of the championship and gained 1000 LP. As a result, they were third in the overall ranking for three days. This is caliph for an hour. A new season has begun, and they are lost

They could not claim either the title of champion or the rewards of the championship: they had seen the rewards (tower) only in one season. That's 3,000 useless fragments. And they been before the title of champions so far, was like heaven. Because it was necessary to have a decent number of VP in addition to 6 wins. But they need a treasury and diamonds for this

Last edited:

It was already answered above what I meant.
If I understand correctly, for the first 3 places in the championship they give 3000, 1000 and 500 fragments? Or only for 1st place? A friend from the guild that took 2nd place in the championship said that they gave 1000 fragments, maybe I misunderstood. Precisely for a place in the championship, not in the season.

CrashBoom

Legend
Precisely for a place in the championship
all places give nothing. winning the whole championship gives just a +1 in the won column

only at the end of season there will be 3000, 1000 & 500 fragments for the first 3 guild in each diamond league

they take a better place in the spotlight for 3 days before the next championship starts
but no fragments. because nobody gets fragments there. not even the 1st

after that the ranking resets: nobody remembers the 2nd or 3rd

Last edited: