• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

.Chris

Baronet
Afaik you get nothing for winning the championship except a "1" in the "Won Champ." column in the guild rankings

I don't really care about any extra rewards. I would like the reward buildings but until the game decides its going to do something about botters, I've given up putting in the effort.

Although they really need to lower the frag requirement on the tourney building. After like two or more months of this update I still don't have enough frags and our guild has decent fight requirements.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
After like two or more months of this update I still don't have enough frags...
According to the wiki, you have 48% chance to get a reward in Diamond GBG when fighting (60% if you do negs) and 25% of the time you get 1 fragment for the Tourney Grounds (you need 500).
That means, by avg, you need about ~4200 battles to have 500 frags. On Live, this is the 5th round, so 4 full rounds behind us. That means you didn't manage to get ~1050 battles each round, which is less than 100 battles a day. That's actually doable even with 0 support if you have a decent city.

and our guild has decent fight requirements.
How are you still in that guild then?
Or is my math wrong?...Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Now I don't want to tell whether the current drop chance is good or bad, but in your case, it's more about your efforts and not the drop chance.

Last edited:
According to the wiki, you have 48% chance to get a reward in Diamond GBG when fighting (60% if you do negs) and 25% of the time you get 1 fragment for the Tourney Grounds (you need 500).
That means, by avg, you need about ~4200 battles to have 500 frags. On Live, this is the 5th round, so 4 full rounds behind us. That means you didn't manage to get ~1050 battles each round, which is less than 100 battles a day. That's actually doable even with 0 support if you have a decent city.

How are you still in that guild then?
Or is my math wrong?...Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Now I don't want to tell whether the current drop chance is good or bad, but in your case, it's more about your efforts and not the drop chance.
Most humans are not built to withstand long amounts of monotony. A 500 fight requirement is more than enough to boot 90% of the player base. And no, I don't want to be sitting for hours every day clicking on the same spot of the screen every day. Its BORING, and this game shouldn't be BORING. I'd welcome a bot to do it for me if it was allowed, my account could be one of the ones getting 10k fights per round. But the game shouldn't be so boring that a bot is needed to do a task. You also need to consider that the player will even be able to get 100 fights per day, getting beached or just having problems being online for fights is a major issue in tough rounds when you have 90 seconds to take a sector and might only get 10 fights out of it.

So yeah, 100 fights per day or 1000 per round is unrealistic for most players.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
So yeah, 100 fights per day or 1000 per round is unrealistic for most players.
GBG is not for you then, sorry. If Inno changed the numbers for players like you, players who do hundreds of fights on a daily basis would swim in rewards, and that's way worse in my opinion. But agree to disagree if you do not.

And no, I don't want to be sitting for hours every day clicking on the same spot of the screen every day
Even if you are slow, how long 1 fight should take...4-5 seconds? Might be worse with slow PC/mobile and very bad internet connection, but...what one can do about that...anyway, let's go with 5 seconds, so 100 fights would take 500 seconds, less than 10m. Not hours as you claimed it to be.

But I think I'll end this conversation on my side as there is nothing to discuss about this with you anymore, it's quite clear.

Arch1e

Marquis
Although they really need to lower the frag requirement on the tourney building
No they don’t. It’s meant to be a reward for activity. Be active, get reward.

A 500 fight requirement is more than enough to boot 90% of the player base
Unlikely. Over 90% of my guild does 1000 a season if it’s reasonably active.

And no, I don't want to be sitting for hours every day clicking on the same spot of the screen every day. Its BORING
So why do you want the reward in the first place? It’s meant to help fighting, what’s the point in having one if you don’t want to use it?

mcbluefire

Baronet
As was mentioned earlier the awful RNG match-ups are ridiculous.

Four (4) seasons on my main city's world and we've been paired with one of the other top three guilds *3* times in a row now. How does this make sense? How can we not believe that Inno is pairing us because they like the diamond spending?

At the end of season 1 we were the top two guilds.
As would be expected after season 2 and we met one of us dropped a bit down.
The third season and both of us dropped down due to a third guild that was part of the original top 3 taking 1st (kudo's to them).
One guild is now #2 and the other #5. The guilds in third and fourth place are well behind on VP likely have spent much less to be where they are.

Kind of cruddy to have two of the three most competitive guilds in three seasons together out of 6, wouldn't you agree?

Douglas 221

Farmer
I have not gotten thru all 60 pages of this thread so please forgive me if this has been addressed, Why are the new Winter event buildings adding extra Attack just for Battlegrounds? I am guessing this may have something to do with balancing the new Guild Raid feature in the future but do we seriously now have to be concerned with what extra attack we will have just in Battlegrounds?
Why not just have a building which has a chance to keep your attrition at its current level instead of increasing?

Douglas 221

Farmer
As was mentioned earlier the awful RNG match-ups are ridiculous.

Four (4) seasons on my main city's world and we've been paired with one of the other top three guilds *3* times in a row now. How does this make sense? How can we not believe that Inno is pairing us because they like the diamond spending?

At the end of season 1 we were the top two guilds.
As would be expected after season 2 and we met one of us dropped a bit down.
The third season and both of us dropped down due to a third guild that was part of the original top 3 taking 1st (kudo's to them).
One guild is now #2 and the other #5. The guilds in third and fourth place are well behind on VP likely have spent much less to be where they are.

Kind of cruddy to have two of the three most competitive guilds in three seasons together out of 6, wouldn't you agree?
Why does this not make sense to you when the actual competitive season is not very long? Why would you want to be up against only lower level diamond guilds? Why is it fair for the guilds in 6-20 positions to always have to go up against one or two of the top 6 so you can put one more feather in your cap at taking a first spot?
I believe Inno has done a much better job aligning up guilds if we are seeing the top 4-6 guilds on a world have to compete against each other. While it is great guild want to always take the top spot the top guilds should have to EARN their number one spot just like the rest of the guilds who are forced to compete in Diamond. Until Inno actually does place all of the top 6 guilds into a higher level to all compete against each other then GBG will not be what it was meant to be which is for guilds to battle against each other instead of all the guilds setting up alliances to swap.

Here's what I'm going to say, I'm in the top 500 players and gaining rank every day with a mere 500 battles every session. That means that I'm already doing more than the entire rest of the server of 35000 players.

My point is this: inno needs to STOP catering to the top 50 players who can get multiple tournament buildings in one round and there's nothing to limit how many they can get, and start giving some thought to the rest of the people on this server who arn't even going to get one in multiple sessions. The simplest solution here is just to lower the amount of frags it requires. It doesn't make any sense that the average player can't get one in 14 days and it only lasts 14 days. Case in point the forgotten temple which any player can get in the time allotted for GE. A lot of goods if you don't have the %, but attainable.

Boo...

Baronet
In terms of profit, the best fights are between strong opponents who spend diamonds.
It's worth thinking about the "random selection" of opponents. Perhaps one of the factors in selecting opponents is the number of diamonds spent.
Then everything is clear why some guilds fight each other several times in one championship.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Why does this not make sense to you when the actual competitive season is not very long? Why would you want to be up against only lower level diamond guilds? Why is it fair for the guilds in 6-20 positions to always have to go up against one or two of the top 6 so you can put one more feather in your cap at taking a first spot?
I believe Inno has done a much better job aligning up guilds if we are seeing the top 4-6 guilds on a world have to compete against each other. While it is great guild want to always take the top spot the top guilds should have to EARN their number one spot just like the rest of the guilds who are forced to compete in Diamond. Until Inno actually does place all of the top 6 guilds into a higher level to all compete against each other then GBG will not be what it was meant to be which is for guilds to battle against each other instead of all the guilds setting up alliances to swap.
It's unfair because the other top guilds aren't repeatedly in a competitive fight. If all top guilds were in same mix it would make sense. RNG is fail.

Arch1e

Marquis
I like the sentiment here but the truth on my live world is that we have the number 9 ranked guild on the board, they have 5 members and will drop down to low dime league this season. Could probably make 4th overall in the season if they tried since it’s pretty dead, due to several other guilds likewise trying to drop down *even with sectors open and available*, but they fairly obviously don’t want to. Our number 4 and 6 ranked guilds have 12-19 members respectively and are likewise losing their seasons. The best Gbg guilds beside our top 3 are ranked 10,11, 22, 23 and 24 at the moment. So, unless your ‘top 6’ really are the top fighting guilds, it’s better to match guilds randomly across the 1000 lps. I would prefer to see a system where the victories in lower leagues and the lower dime bracket don’t count in 1000 lps, and also a weighted adjustment for number of fights so they don’t count either outside the league they were taken. The current system is only in its fifth season on live but this flaw has been evident since season one so I do hope they will change it.

I’m noting the ‘sectors available’ point above since I have read time and time again that guilds want to play in lower diamond or platinum league so they can get more fights and compete. The truth as I see it is this what they want is to ‘compete’ against weaker guilds. More fights in such seasons for them automatically means they get promoted to 1000 lps, where they don’t want to stay, or take fights. In my mind, the solution to that is that you make the prizes for diamond league even better, harder to get, but you don’t count anything under 1000 lps as diamond. Then there is actually an incentive to stay in it. No frags of the championship building at all for those under 1000.

Last edited:

Arch1e

Marquis
I'm in the top 500 players and gaining rank every day with a mere 500 battles every session. That means that I'm already doing more than the entire rest of the server of 35000 players.
It means you are doing more than those around you in the rank. Which can be for a multitude of reasons. Higher era, more battle points, more points for guild goods, more levels on your buildings. There can be lower era players around you doing 5x more fights but because those don’t count the same as for someone in say Titan, they don’t climb ranks as fast. Don’t assume you are more active than them, the only people to compare yourself to is your immediate peers, other people in your era around the same points as you. Overall it’s not hard to get through the 1000 to 200 rank just by fighting more in higher eras though.

Case in point the forgotten temple which any player can get in the time allotted for GE
They can’t, it takes 4 weeks to get one. So 4x allotted time, and you still have to do a set number of attempts to get the frags every week. It’s the same with Gbg. Do about 500 a day and you get one in less than 9 days. Do 250 a day and you’ll get it in just over 1.5 Gbg seasons.

On our live server we have already noticed a group of nomadic “fragment hunters”.
It makes sense to me that players who care about their own progress and about how active their guild members are, move to find others who do the same. That was the case before Gbg too, but the incentives were different. Faster threads, more or better advice, stronger guild if they did Gvg. Now some people want to win and go to winning guilds. Some just want fights, and go to guilds that fight. What I’m seeing is that some guilds are losing active players.