• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Arch1e

Marquis
Ah here comes your fairy tales about snipping again? If I exclude guild, friends, and people they know from snipping there is very little opportunity to snipe anything, and getting 2-3k FP daily from this activity is most likely only possible in your imagination.
If I'm talking about hundreds of goods a day, there's nowhere to replace them at all...
As this is a Gbg thread, let’s just assume I’m pretending that I know what I’m saying based on my own experience, and that you have never developed any other part of the game so think that Gbg is the way players should earn most of their income. If you don’t know how, I’m sure your world has people who can help you. As for goods, likewise, if you don’t know how, you don’t know. I make 55 per quest and I quest a lot. Even with lower CF, hundred is achievable in a matter of not much time at all, if you have decent threads. Gbg is not the fountain of plenty you think it is. And thank you again, developers, for bringing back the value of alternative game play.

Last edited:

Tanmay11

Regent
the matchmaking is so bad, Asgard, Dragonstar & just the job, all have had to face #1 more than once, meaning we can't get the lvl 2 Toc.
meanwhile there's White rabbit, maybe even polska who never faced any decent opposition and will get 5 wins and lvl 2 ToC.

how is this fair inno?

all three of us(Asgard, Dragonstar, and probably JTJ) would crush white rabbit if we were matched.

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
I like the GbG change overall after almost an entire tournament.

But the matchmaking in the Tournament is sh.t, some guilds weaker than us got more VP and more wins and are higher in the ranking.

Again the ranking doesn't represent the truth at all just because the other guilds had easier sleepy rounds.
Not sure what is random and untouched as Inno claim, but they DID changed something in the matchmaking, either wanted or by mistake, because before NEVER happened for us to play against KYPYIPAXOI and ASGARD in the same match, never, now since the Tournament began, we met them both for 2 seasons.

The issue isn't we have been matched with them and we got 2 and 3, the issue is other guilds that are pretty strong too, sucessfully avoided playing with DS, KYP or ASGARD.
Also a guild like JTJ was paired 6 matches IIRC with KYP, they were condemned to play with top beta guild every season while other guilds like WR, POLSKA, etc never faced the other stronger beta guilds.

Again, I like the changes, the prizes, the fact we no longer swap sectors and we conquer each other, but the matchmaking sucks.

Last edited:

LiMuBi

Farmer
As this is a Gbg thread, let’s just assume I’m pretending that I know what I’m saying based on my own experience, and that you have never developed any other part of the game so think that Gbg is the way players should earn most of their income. If you don’t know how, I’m sure your world has people who can help you. As for goods, likewise, if you don’t know how, you don’t know. I make 55 per quest and I quest a lot. Even with lower CF, hundred is achievable in a matter of not much time at all, if you have decent threads. Gbg is not the fountain of plenty you think it is. And thank you again, developers, for bringing back the value of alternative game play.
Old GbG was rewarding activity, the more active you was the more points and rewards you could collect. Now GbG is hard capped, after you reach the attrition cap which takes around 15 minutes you can't do anything for another 23h and 45m which is extremely boring. GbG doesn't prevent you from doing reoccurring quests so you can't say they supplement the looses from GbG changes same with the snipping.
Also I don't need help with snipping or reoccurring quests really, in snipping you can't do anywhere near as many forge points daily as with old GbG and it can cause a lot of issues as you need to be very carefull who do you snipping.
In your responses I can clearly see you wasn't able to fully benefit from the old GbG so you are happy it's gone.

Old GbG was rewarding activity, the more active you was the more points and rewards you could collect. Now GbG is hard capped, after you reach the attrition cap which takes around 15 minutes you can't do anything for another 23h and 45m which is extremely boring. GbG doesn't prevent you from doing reoccurring quests so you can't say they supplement the looses from GbG changes same with the snipping.
Also I don't need help with snipping or reoccurring quests really, in snipping you can't do anywhere near as many forge points daily as with old GbG and it can cause a lot of issues as you need to be very carefull who do you snipping.
In your responses I can clearly see you wasn't able to fully benefit from the old GbG so you are happy it's gone.
What does it matter? The "old GBG" is gone. It's a new meta.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
I did benefit from the old GBG format and I'm glad Inno changed it, I like the new format much-much-much better.

Just trying to stand as an example that you can't make the assumption that someone can only like the new format if he didn't have the opportunity to do a lot in the previous format.

Arch1e

Marquis
you wasn't able to fully benefit from the old GbG so you are happy it's gone.

I think it’s been stated by others as well as myself, many times already, that you didn’t need to be sitting on the sidelines or be in a weak guild to have disliked or even loathed the way the ‘old GbG’ worked. We have different definitions of ‘benefit’ and ‘active’ and I suspect I have had both more benefit and been more active than anyone claiming that …

Old GbG was rewarding activity, the more active you was the more points and rewards you could collect

…this is unequivocally true. There are nuances, but those have been chewed over many times already. Let’s leave that as, your ‘active’ is my ‘farmer’ and yes, I seriously disliked what farmers did both to previously active and amazing guilds, as well as to the game overall. I don’t blame them exclusively, as it was something the game made possible, but do I have any sympathy now that Gbg is a truer competition and reflection of what those players can do or can’t do (or will or won’t do) in game? No. And if you now find you have nothing to do once you have used your attrition for 15 minutes, I suspect you don’t have much of said attrition in the first place, and are doing nothing else in game. I still find I can fight through the day, and that I can be around to help both guild and friends as well as enjoy my favourite features.

you can't do anywhere near as many forge points daily as with old GbG and it can cause a lot of issues as you need to be very carefull who do you snipping

You can. And your last statement reflects precisely the mentality of a farmer. You’re afraid of whatever repercussions, I expect a similar mindset permeated your guild with the swap mentality as well. Yet, sniping has been part of the game since probably even before I started playing. Doesn’t mean everyone plays that way, but I do, and it’s been years since I got any fan mail for it. You have to know what you’re doing, if you don’t or are frightened or whatever, you obviously leave it be and claim that it’s impossible to do.

Arch1e

Marquis
^^^ What he said. On my main world I've gone from 12K+ fights per season to less than 5K and I'm actually pleased with this.
I’m on the same 5k ish I have been consistently. Doesn’t matter one way or another really. What I like is to see how many others are on 3-5k fights who didn’t care before, or who now have an opportunity to get fights in because, believe it or not, there are pretty much always some available.

Aerendil

Squire
the matchmaking is so bad, Asgard, Dragonstar & just the job, all have had to face #1 more than once, meaning we can't get the lvl 2 Toc.
meanwhile there's White rabbit, maybe even polska who never faced any decent opposition and will get 5 wins and lvl 2 ToC.

how is this fair inno?

all three of us(Asgard, Dragonstar, and probably JTJ) would crush white rabbit if we were matched.

We (White rabbit) faced JTJ last GBG, obviously we weren't crushed :rolleyes:

I like the GbG change overall after almost an entire tournament.

But the matchmaking in the Tournament is sh.t, some guilds weaker than us got more VP and more wins and are higher in the ranking.

Again the ranking doesn't represent the truth at all just because the other guilds had easier sleepy rounds.
Not sure what is random and untouched as Inno claim, but they DID changed something in the matchmaking, either wanted or by mistake, because before NEVER happened for us to play against KYPYIPAXOI and ASGARD in the same match, never, now since the Tournament began, we met them both for 2 seasons.

The issue isn't we have been matched with them and we got 2 and 3, the issue is other guilds that are pretty strong too, sucessfully avoided playing with DS, KYP or ASGARD.
Also a guild like JTJ was paired 6 matches IIRC with KYP, they were condemned to play with top beta guild every season while other guilds like WR, POLSKA, etc never faced the other stronger beta guilds.

Again, I like the changes, the prizes, the fact we no longer swap sectors and we conquer each other, but the matchmaking sucks.
I guess, that this is due mainly to the number of the guild members, so the guilds are divided this way and you, like a strong guild with a big number of players find other strong guilds with a high number of players.
And this is correct.
Think for a while - my guild have a minor number of players, duoble less than yours. Do you think it would be fair to compete with your guild?
That explains all.
Yes, when my guild compete with your guild, of course you`ll be stronger, But it wouldn`t be fair.
So now, even if we are a weaker guild, fighting against guilds of our size, we get more VP than you.
That`s all.
Smile and go on :)

LiMuBi

Farmer
I think it’s been stated by others as well as myself, many times already, that you didn’t need to be sitting on the sidelines or be in a weak guild to have disliked or even loathed the way the ‘old GbG’ worked. We have different definitions of ‘benefit’ and ‘active’ and I suspect I have had both more benefit and been more active than anyone claiming that …

…this is unequivocally true. There are nuances, but those have been chewed over many times already. Let’s leave that as, your ‘active’ is my ‘farmer’ and yes, I seriously disliked what farmers did both to previously active and amazing guilds, as well as to the game overall. I don’t blame them exclusively, as it was something the game made possible, but do I have any sympathy now that Gbg is a truer competition and reflection of what those players can do or can’t do (or will or won’t do) in game? No. And if you now find you have nothing to do once you have used your attrition for 15 minutes, I suspect you don’t have much of said attrition in the first place, and are doing nothing else in game. I still find I can fight through the day, and that I can be around to help both guild and friends as well as enjoy my favourite features.

You can. And your last statement reflects precisely the mentality of a farmer. You’re afraid of whatever repercussions, I expect a similar mindset permeated your guild with the swap mentality as well. Yet, sniping has been part of the game since probably even before I started playing. Doesn’t mean everyone plays that way, but I do, and it’s been years since I got any fan mail for it. You have to know what you’re doing, if you don’t or are frightened or whatever, you obviously leave it be and claim that it’s impossible to do.
Don't judge others based on your standards, if you were doing 5k before the change and doing about the same now (your own claim) means you weren't able or willing to take advantage of old GbG, and that's why you don't mind the change as nothing has changed for you, you are on same numbers now as you was before.
I can do around 700 fights per day, in case we play against guilds and not something that just fills the space it's easy to his daily attrition in the morning while retaking the map in 15m as there aren't a lot of people around and sectors are opening nicely one after another.
You are also wrong about me being "afraid of whatever repercussions" That's not true, I just don't like changes that force me to pay more resources for fewer rewards, giving me much fewer opportunities to play and slowing down my progress. You claim there are a lot of activities to do besides GbG well there really aren't. Well, I can do what? Aid my guildmates and friends, which is done automatically in less than 5 minutes, has a 24-hour h CD, and the collection is once every 24, the only thing I need to touch in the city twice a day is Traz, then there is the space colony well that's a one minute job once every 4 hours, i can also fight my neighbors which takes around 15 minutes and has a 24h CD. What do we have here next? In case you playing on PC it's a GvG once a day for around 5 minutes, once a week there is a guild expedition that takes around 15 minutes to complete (all 80 encounters).
Than what? The only activity that remains is your beloved snipping, well you can kill some time with it I can give you that.

Don't judge others based on your standards, if you were doing 5k before the change and doing about the same now (your own claim) means you weren't able or willing to take advantage of old GbG, and that's why you don't mind the change as nothing has changed for you, you are on same numbers now as you was before.
I can do around 700 fights per day, in case we play against guilds and not something that just fills the space it's easy to his daily attrition in the morning while retaking the map in 15m as there aren't a lot of people around and sectors are opening nicely one after another.
You are also wrong about me being "afraid of whatever repercussions" That's not true, I just don't like changes that force me to pay more resources for fewer rewards, giving me much fewer opportunities to play and slowing down my progress. You claim there are a lot of activities to do besides GbG well there really aren't. Well, I can do what? Aid my guildmates and friends, which is done automatically in less than 5 minutes, has a 24-hour h CD, and the collection is once every 24, the only thing I need to touch in the city twice a day is Traz, then there is the space colony well that's a one minute job once every 4 hours, i can also fight my neighbors which takes around 15 minutes and has a 24h CD. What do we have here next? In case you playing on PC it's a GvG once a day for around 5 minutes, once a week there is a guild expedition that takes around 15 minutes to complete (all 80 encounters).
Than what? The only activity that remains is your beloved snipping, well you can kill some time with it I can give you that.
Might I suggest a very good book? "Who Moved My Cheese?" by Spencer Johnson. It's a quick read, quite enjoyable, and very relevant to this discussion.

There is some other things as well: playing the event minigame (halloween on live), chatting with guild mates, crawling through the market for an interesting trade, fighting manual battles on the continent map a few ages ahead of yourself, reorganising your city, ...
Those who did previously farm in battlegrounds now indeed have more spare time on their hands. That can be a good thing because that aspect of the game can be too compulsive imo.

Tanmay11

Regent
We (White rabbit) faced JTJ last GBG, obviously we weren't crushed :rolleyes:
sure, they are the weakest of the three i mentioned that could defeat you. this is the last time you met us https://prnt.sc/MS5qCnYWbnmR
so my point remains. you haven;t faced and decently organized guild and you get away with lvl 2 building so congrats on getting lucky with matchmaking:)

Last edited:

Arch1e

Marquis
you weren't able or willing to take advantage of old GbG,

‘Taking advantage’ being the operative word. And no, I was always more of a team player for Gbg, as I guess is pretty clear by now.

you are on same numbers now as you was before.

Exactly. So? I still seem to end up among the 10-20 top fighters overall in my world most days. Doesn’t impact on ranking, progress or income one way or the other in my case.

I just don't like changes that force me to pay more resources for fewer rewards

You don’t have to pay anything, your guild does, and at least from the perspective of my own guild, we are looking at similar or slightly lower spending than before. The new format allows both to choose what you spend on, and to build fewer buildings, so treasury management seems to be much easier than before.

giving me much fewer opportunities to play and slowing down my progress

Playing is not only Gbg, and if your progress was dependant solely on Gbg, then maybe we also define progress in different ways.

Well, I can do what?

It’s indicative that you didn’t mention spending time with the guild, helping others, having a chat, doing some trades, looking for efficiencies in your city, planning, whatever. I can’t help you. We play in different ways. But maybe less Gbg is an opportunity to do something else altogether.

The new format remains a very positive development, but some factors still need improving, namely
- matchmaking and ranking priorities are still skewed, there needs to be adjustment in weighting of wins in lower leagues and potentially also an inclusion of total number of advancements made by a guild towards their ranking (not only victory points as you gather more of them in a slow season, that surely is wrong)
- seasons are still too long, the result is mostly determined after 4-5 days, after that it’s just a continuing snooze fest where you just collect more points and have to still keep an eye on the map for no change in anything

sure, they are the weakest of the three i mentioned that could defeat you. this is the last time you met us https://prnt.sc/MS5qCnYWbnmR
so my point remains. you haven;t faced and decently organized guild and you get away with lvl 2 building so congrats on getting lucky with matchmaking:)
This isn`t the last time we met. The last time you defeated us, but you were playing two guilds against WR :)
I`m not really sure wich one between our guilds is stronger, if we play 1:1:)

-Alin-

Emperor
This isn`t the last time we met. The last time you defeated us, but you were playing two guilds against WR :)
I`m not really sure wich one between our guilds is stronger, if we play 1:1:)

You don't want to find out. :)
WR one single time had #1 with us in the same season, because we let them, and it was a round of swaps in the newer Lagoon map.

As You told me, smile and move on.

But matchmaking and ranking still needs to be fixed, to tell the truth.

As for our guild, regarding the enemies, we don't delete buildings for other guilds and we don't use traps, unless we see they are deleting the camps and they play with traps against us.
Mistakes happens though with deleting camps or placing traps because of the newer players we get in our guilds.
Our interest in the end is doing more fights and get rewards from them, and who has the more activity and stronger players, wins the season in the end.
That's what we did in beta since the 66.6% and we try to keep it that way, unless we are forced to play berserk, not sure how is in the other servers.

Last edited:

Kommodor

Merchant
by season selection: there are 90+ guilds in the diamond, 8 guilds meet at the same time in the battle, it follows that two guilds can end up on the same battlefield every 11-13 seasons, and by no means season to season!!