• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

CrashBoom

Legend
championship update after 3 from 6 seasons: 4 guilds with 3 victories for the championship
#1. KYPIAPXOI - big favorite: 3.6 million victory points
#2. Polska - can only win if they are in the same battlefield with #1 and defeat them. because only 1.8 million VP
#3. DK Beta Easy Riders. on place 194 with 747 league points, and only 1.1 million VP.
#4. outsiders. place 274 with 613 league points and 760k VP. but also 3 victories

#1 is expected to win (my expectation for that result 99%
#2 only chance if they beat #1 in the same battlefield (0.99%)
#3 & #4 with 3 more wins will end at 1000 LP and IF #1 & #2 both fail in making 3 more wins they could win the championship (will happen in 0.01%)
update after season 4. only 2 guild remain with a perfect 4 win streak
- KYPIAPXOI : 4 wins. first in ranking. it is early: but congrats to the championship win
- DK Beta Easy Riders: also 4th victory in a row. ranking place 90 with 922 LP. 2 more victories (the last one on a battlefield against guilds with 1000LP) and they would end the championship on 2nd place.

Polska lost their season
outsiders: also lost their season

the announcement

point 1 victories reset:
text says "secondly on the amount of Battleground victories in the current Championship"
so they have to reset or that won't be the victories in current championship but all

point 2 championship won:
they describe exactly the 4 points the ranking is based on. and none of them is how often a guild won
That is a good find because I didn't know that. So, based on one word in the announcement we need to learn that all our scores will be reduced to zero when the championship ends. I think this little nugget of knowledge is something that should be stated more explicitly, like "After the Championship ends, all scores will be reset."
Personally I hope they don't do it this way because having a track record of many victories is a thing for a guild to be proud of. "Look, our guild won GBG 10 times!"

That is a good find because I didn't know that. So, based on one word in the announcement we need to learn that all our scores will be reduced to zero when the championship ends. I think this little nugget of knowledge is something that should be stated more explicitly, like "After the Championship ends, all scores will be reset."
Personally I hope they don't do it this way because having a track record of many victories is a thing for a guild to be proud of. "Look, our guild won GBG 10 times!"
I don't think that the scorecard on the Guild profile page has been changed. The total number of the Guild's GBG wins is shown there.

Arch1e

Marquis
Eventually, they will need to merge the info from the Gvg based rank to the new ranking page, i.e. guild level, number of members, and likewise to merge the bits of info that will remain on the Gbg based ranking page to the guild bio, i.e. Championships won.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
@Juber when is city def being introduced to gbg? and is inno going to do anything about the advanced troop usage?
Oh boy oh boy, it's the first time I can actually do it here in the forum. The answer is:
:soon:
maybe
But really, Sadly, we can't say yet. We already announced, that we want to implement the first thing on a later date and for the second one we have no information.

CrashBoom

Legend
we concluded that 66% was too high. To strike a middle ground, we decided on 80%.
mathematically 80% is higher than 66% :D

New Championship
Under the new system, each Championship will span across 6 battleground seasons. The guilds you will compete against in your Championship will remain the same throughout these 6 seasons. There might be changes though, if a new guild is founded or deleted during your Championship.
and I thought we just fight against ALL guilds of our world :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Arch1e

Marquis
Appreciated the feedback on feedback post regarding the new system. Some feedback on that post as well:

- Appreciate the continued monitoring of how the participation is now, please do maintain the 80% cap as it seems to cater for a good number of fights across the board, while still allowing for some attrition saving for crucial sectors.
- The wording regarding the championship may need adjusting, it looks as if we are going to face the same guilds for 6 seasons, which is not currently the case nor, I believe, the intention.
- The Championship ranking should take into account the number of championships won, eventually. There is also missing data that can currently only be found under the other tab, it would be helpful to see e.g. members and previous GbG records under the championship tab (instead and/or as well), to get a more comprehensive picture of opposition.
- The point about Pvp and Diamond league being the place where competitive guilds get to fight it out (forgive me, I don’t see the exact wording in here) - do consider dropping lower diamond, and only include 1000 lp as ‘diamond’. It is clear that 901-999 league points is not the competitive league it maybe should be, but the place to drop down to if you can’t or don’t want to compete in 1000 lps seasons, so make that an even ‘higher platinum’ league.

Lady Kaye

Farmer
I have a request:
I think it's bad practice that some guilds use this opportunity to force an attacking guild to take over the sector. Is it possible to limit the possibility of deleting GbG buildings in a captured sector? Maybe you could implement a limit on the number of battles needed (half?) and once it's reached you can't delete any more buildings.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Who says new GBG is more difficult :p

View attachment 10238
Ya gotta have a very impressive %:att_def_attacker: & %:att_def_attacker_gbg: to get so far. Particularly if you've managed it in SAT. Congratulations for achieving such an impressive score.

So far, the changes are a bit double but overall more enjoyable GbG experience. The greatest improvement is no provinces with 0 building slots. A cap of 80% ensures attrition to remain relevant. A bit double. Attrition limits what a player can do. Making attrition tolerance vastly more important. Completing GE5 weekly ensures a bit of an improvement on this. Which enhanced GE5's forgotten temple. So far no guild managed to dominate overnight. Rather pushes back and forth. Imho much more balanced and fun.

The Lady Ann

Baronet
I have a request:
I think it's bad practice that some guilds use this opportunity to force an attacking guild to take over the sector. Is it possible to limit the possibility of deleting GbG buildings in a captured sector? Maybe you could implement a limit on the number of battles needed (half?) and once it's reached you can't delete any more buildings.

Defiantly not that is one of the strategies available :)

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Attrition Cap
It do work and yes it sure make balanced participation among guild members, but there is some players it did hit very hard, so hard, that we may lose them to other games. I do agree. the cap is good for the game, but give the hurted players a plaster on the wound, make it 85%.
It may be enough to make this players feel, they got a little back. For players as me, I don't need more fights, 500 takes a lot time for me and I believe many will be happy with the 80% but 85% vil make the ones with high red % happier, even when they still vil be hurt.

Attrition Labels
It takes a little time for players to understand it, but it will come, don't changes it.

Increased amount of advances per province
I don't like this, I can see, players in Platin try to hold back to avoid the Diamand liga. 200/220 are way to high. if it have to be there, make it 170/180.
The new building do, that some provinces will have 418 advances, that's a lot

Adjustment of Diamond and Forge Point rewards
I feel we get very few Diamond and FP now :-(

Increased costs for Province buildings and HQ
I really like this buildings but the prices could be more balanced
This is very powerful buildings but also very expensive for less powerful guilds. Make the price 12.500 / 37.500 / 75000 goods. It will be cheaper for the weaker guilds to get the weakest building, almost the same for the around 800 - 975 point guilds the second building but stil expensive for the top guilds to get the strongest building

New Championship and The Tourney Grounds

This is very nice buildings but it make the strong guilds even stronger and it is not fair, that you can't get them in Platin. Allow them in platin, but only 50% of the fragments they get in Diamond ligaen, even 25% vil be better than none and yes.
The Championship building could be 1. pl. 1500, 2. pl. 500 and 3. pl. 250 fragments. Not enough to get a level 2 building but level 1 would be possible.
It would still make more try to join a strong Dia Guild but would be more fair to the players, not all can be in Dia and in Dia, it will be a few Guilds who will win and the rest won't have a chance.
I really don't like to make the strong Guilds even more powerful this way, it's very bad.

But all in all, I like the new Battleground.

.Chris

Baronet
Once more I may be blind but... how do I see with which guilds we're in a championship race against and what the standings are?

I would like to say a few words for what @Juber said in this morning's post.

Attrition Cap

The Attrition Cup denies the ability to play freely on FoE and limits the opportunities for the most active and competitive players to grow.
I would like to emphasize that by "active" and competitive" we mean not only that circle of players at the top of the rankings, but also that large slice present in the lower-middle zones, who by spending more time on the game, are able to grow more, compared to those players who are stronger, but less present and active on the game. Let's not kid ourselves, to make other members of a guild more aware and participatory in the GBGs, all it took was to introduce only Attrition Labels; if a player decides to devote a specific amount of time to the game for work, family or other reasons, they will not devote more time because the cap has been lowered or they will fight significantly more.

Attrition Labels

Completely agree with the introduction of new intuitive graphics that allow all players to see right away where they can fight with less attrition.

Increased amount of advances per province

Also the increase in the number of battles to conquer a single sector in Diamond League does not make much sense: if with the new structures to be built in the sectors it is possible to not only lower the % of attrition, but the % of battles to be done to conquer the single sector is also increased, it is quite a contradiction. Then all the more so, with attrition at 80%, the total number of battles of the individual player is significantly lower than before.

Why didn't we apply changes to the current matchmaking system?

By now the second session in the live servers is coming to a close, and I can assure you that from the point of view of a small-medium guild nothing has changed at all: of course in Diamond League you have to fight not to relegate, however even if the mechanics of GB and slightly the number of battles of the less active guildans change, the results are still the same. The rankings also do not change; there are always the three blocks:
1)the two guilds competing for the top spot.
2)the middle block
3)two/three fighting not to relegate
So all this extra competition has not been seen, in fact now the guilds do not even aspire to go up to the Diamond League anymore, since it takes too many battles to conquer the sectors and the Tower shards are relegated are and exclusively to the Diamond League and the very first places. Consider the Platinum League as well, no? Absurd how the competition doesn't exist anymore: in Platinum League, second session, I had never had a 600K advantage over second and played pretty much alone, even with average guilds of a certain level. Not even having some competition with the second one! In other words you go from being helpless in Diamond League to being immensely stronger in Platinum League. This clearly also depends on the outrageous matchmaking that still has not been changed.

Adjustment of Diamond and Forge Point rewards

At the time when there is an absence of competition, costs for facilities have increased both in terms of goods and diamonds, who spends more? This aspect I don't think is in your favor, tendentially, players should spend diamonds. At least in my experience, previously in the Hexagonal Fields I used to spend as much as 5-6k diamonds per session with 0 attrition to compete and win in the league, but currently I'm better off spending diamonds? Spending diamonds to do a maximum of 500 battles a day or so, if I don't want to devastate my army, and without even affecting the outcome of GBs much.

Increased costs for Province buildings and HQ

Relative to the increase in assets for the new facilities and HQ, I agree, as it is indeed true that with GE and the new overpowered buildings, the number of assets in the treasury has significantly increased. The problem, unfortunately, still remains for small and medium guilds.

New Championship

Obviously the Championships should be extended to at least the Platinum League to increase the competition and clearly the number of Tower shards significantly decreased.

CrashBoom

Legend
Obviously the Championships should be extended to at least the Platinum League to increase the competition and clearly the number of Tower shards significantly decreased.
the championship goes down to bronze league

a guild starting there and winning 6 seasons will end near the top

on beta one guild starting bronze (or low silver) made already 4 of 4 wins and are at 922 LP
2 more wins and they will end 2nd with 6 wins behind the best beta guild which will also have 6 wins at the end

Aerendil

Squire
New Championship
Under the new system, each Championship will span across 6 battleground seasons. The guilds you will compete against in your Championship will remain the same throughout these 6 seasons. There might be changes though, if a new guild is founded or deleted during your Championship.

However, it is important to note that this does not mean you will directly compete against these guilds in every individual battleground season.
Instead, the overall Championship ranking is determined based on how each participating guild performs during the individual seasons. Your guild's performance during each season will contribute to your overall standing in the Championship.
What does "The guilds you will compete against in your Championship will remain the same throughout these 6 seasons" mean? I thought we compete with all the guilds on the server? Where can I see the guilds, we compete with, if its not the whole server?

the championship goes down to bronze league

a guild starting there and winning 6 seasons will end near the top

on beta one guild starting bronze (or low silver) made already 4 of 4 wins and are at 922 LP
2 more wins and they will end 2nd with 6 wins behind the best beta guild which will also have 6 wins at the end
Yes, but if none of the wins happened in Diamond they win nothing. From the sound of it they might win in low Diamond, maybe win 3K frags of the Tower but that's it. 2nd place in the Championship provides no rewards and no recognition. Why worry?