• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

It's a lot of work to do these whole guild switches, but it is an interesting theoretical possibility. I think the difficulty of it is likely to deter it from becoming "the" strategy.

You need to leave enough power behind in the "lose in 1000" guild to not lose *too* badly - 5th in a group of 7 or 5th/6th in a group of 8.

I tried this briefly for an "always in platinum" strategy on my main world under the old system because diamond rounds were getting to be no fun because of farming coops. That one was easier in the sense that the "time to lose" guild didn't need to do more than stay active (= 40 advances over the whole season) so I could ask some not so active in that world friends to hold it over. But it still became too much work to shuffle everyone back and forth for what it was worth.

Furthermore if you have a *lot* of guilds trying to do this shuffle just to get towers then suddenly there'll be a strange competition for those specific spots needed to get an easy diamond round next round - not everyone can have them :p This might happen anyways amongst guilds that *aren't* shuffling people around. AND the easy diamond round might not be so easy if there's multiple semi-tough guilds trying to make it happen.

I think this is the kind of thing we can give it a little time to see if it develops before worrying about if it needs to be fixed (which could be as simple as only 1000-diamond getting championship tower frags - if it's needed). As long as they don't take 3 years to fix it, it should be fine :p
Sounds like the only way for the top 5-10 guilds to get the most fights is for a LOT more dummy guilds to enter diamond. :p

Boo...

Baronet
I could show you my live world map too, plenty of closed sectors, a few open ones. We are pretty well matched for activity, with several guilds even currently out on the map. 5 guilds have made it to the centre. That is a positive, any day.
I'm glad 3-4 guilds on the server are having fun.
In the beta version I observe a decrease in interest in the fourth season. Although, perhaps everyone is busy in the living worlds.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I'm glad 3-4 guilds on the server are having fun.
In the beta version I observe a decrease in interest in the fourth season. Although, perhaps everyone is busy in the living worlds.
But that's just natural. People come to beta to test new stuff. Now that this new stuff is released on the live servers, there is "no need" to test it further here for those. So only the regular Beta players remain.

Exactly. Those lazy bums from the other guilds are not attacking. Even with a low attack boost you can get in some easy fights every day for some FP and goods. I bet if you looked at the player activity of those guilds then you would see a ton of guys with 0 attacks. That's their choice.

Boo...

Baronet
Exactly. Those lazy bums from the other guilds are not attacking. Even with a low attack boost you can get in some easy fights every day for some FP and goods. I bet if you looked at the player activity of those guilds then you would see a ton of guys with 0 attacks. That's their choice.
You're right - it's their choice. Low activity is an indicator of loss of interest.
Let's see what happens on the live servers in the fourth season.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
ou're right - it's their choice. Low activity is an indicator of loss of interest.
Let me get this straight. Now "you" can't play GBG 24/7, you are limited to a few hundred fights a day, depending on your attack boost and how much support you can afford. Some players are so sick of this change they do 0 instead? I fail to find the logic here.

I understand 99 of 100 of your messages are negative about this change, but you are just keep repeating and repeating that you are dissatisfied with this change and how much you don't like it.

And if we are at it, you put an image that suggests low activity and players losing interest in the new GBG. Let me show you the leaderboard of US1, showing guilds having definitely interest in the new GBG format, in fact, much more than before.
2023-10-08_13h00_56.png
Just trying to point out that showing an image has 0 value. Everyone can create a screenshot that proves their statement to be true. It's like asking your neighborhood if he is happy or not and based on his answer decide if people in your country is happy or not.

And this is just the TOP 10. And the very first week, there are already many comments about guilds merging and/or players moving towards to stronger guilds. I know for some this is a bad thing, but I yet haven't seen a good explanation why it's a bad thing if we have more competent big guilds and not many "medium" ones.

Of course I'm a competitive player (or at least like to think of being one), being in a competitive guild, so obviously my opinion is biased in this matter.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
Let me get this straight. Now "you" can't play GBG 24/7, you are limited to a few hundred fights a day, depending on your attack boost and how much support you can afford. Some players are so sick of this change they do 0 instead? I fail to find the logic here.

I understand 99 of 100 of your messages are negative about this change, but you are just keep repeating and repeating that you are dissatisfied with this change and how much you don't like it.

And if we are at it, you put an image that suggest low activity and players losing interest in the new GBG. Let me show you the leaderboard of US1, showing guilds having definitely interest in the new GBG format, in fact, much more than before.
View attachment 10221
Just trying to point out that showing an image has 0 value. Everyone can create a screenshot that proves their statement to be true. It's like asking your neighborhood if he is happy or not and based on his answer decide if people in your country is happy or not.

And this is just the TOP 10. And the very first week, there are already many comments about guilds merging and/or players moving towards to stronger guilds. I know for some this is a bad thing, but I yet haven't seen a good explanation why it's a bad thing if we have more competent big guilds and not many "medium" ones.

Of course I'm a competitive player (or at least like to think of being one), being in a competitive guilds, so obviously my opinion is biased in this matter.
almost 2 million points
not much activity of the other guilds in the battlefield of guild on 1 :rolleyes:
and place 2 and 3 also looks like not much competition on the battlefield

number one on beta has just 4 million points and we are in the 4th season

ArklurBeta

Baronet
not much activity of the other guilds in the battlefield of guild on 1 :rolleyes:
We and the #2 guild got weak opponents and since both guilds want to have the most VPs, we are even trapping the other guilds, so yep, many times we control most of the map, if not all. In our case (that's what I can really talk about because that's what I see) we are talking about guilds that have trouble to take sectors around their HQ, not even with the lvl3 HQ building. Just something to keep in mind. Makes you wonder how do they have 1000 LP, right?

+1: It's questionable how badly we need to win the "VP battle". We are confident enough that we would beat the current #2 guild (and all the other guilds), making VP amount irrelevant, but...we are still going for it...why not. Hopefully we will face the current #2 guild rather sooner than later, beat them, and "call it a day".

By the way, just in case someone thinks I'm 100% happy with the current GBG (I'm not):
  • See the image above, how much VP you can get depends a lot on the other guilds. Even if we just face 1 competent guild, we couldn't be able to collect this many VP, it would be impossible, making it very easy for another guild to collect much more VP than us. Obviously if the matchmaking system works right and we face each other, this shouldn't be a big deal, as in that case, the winner count will matter and that's good.
  • The new GBG is definitely much more expensive than before. Even if a guild has good/strong players, if they are, for the most part, F2P players...they might "easily" lose against a weaker guild with more/many players who spend money on the game (or have diamond farms). Don't know what would be the best, but as a start, maybe lowering the price for instantly finishing buildings a bit. Instead of 50/90/125, maybe 50/75/100, or something like that.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator

And if we are at it, you put an image that suggests low activity and players losing interest in the new GBG. Let me show you the leaderboard of US1, showing guilds having definitely interest in the new GBG format, in fact, much more than before.
View attachment 10221

Of course I'm a competitive player (or at least like to think of being one), being in a competitive guild, so obviously my opinion is biased in this matter.
Same on the Dutch servers C-world. #1 and #2 swapped places in the last 3 days or so. Due to VP. Both claimed a victory. Top10 claimed all a victory in diamond. After that only #35 and #36 claimed a victory.
Surely some players ain't happy with this. As they've been used to 0-low attrition. I'm observing on the live forum most complains being about the at least 20% attrition. Even when someone got after 100's of fights lucky. With <16% attrition. While some freak out with less than 5 fights with 20% attrition to gain some attrition. On the other end, some are happy. Pointing out more fights between rivals.

After the 1st season, it's still a bit though to draw conclusions. Though a few points of thoughts.
HQ-buildings, quite expensive. Could've been more interesting if there where 3 cheaper alternative HQ-buildings w/o the X% VP/h bonus.
Most other buildings appear a bit cheaper. Compared to old SC. However it's a double edged sword.
The champion's tower is a bit though appeal. Personally I think it would've been a stronger appeal if up to platinum league #1 reward regular champion's towers selection kit fragments would be offered. With the diamond league offering copper, silver and perhaps in the future more special upgrades. To motivate guilds across the board to fight for the #1 spot.

Overall I think the 80% cap is good. As it keeps attrition relevant. The leaderboard is also an improvement. As it makes GbG the guild's middle point.
As for exoduses, it's difficult as a player to accurately tell. It'll take another event with an topX% league system. With the current event it appears to me there's quite a lot of competition. This couldn't consisted if there's a mass exodus at play. So, it'll take another popular event with the topX% leagues to say with some level of certainty if there's a significant drop in activity. Alongside the guild leaderboards.

PilgrimDK

Merchant

View attachment 10221

The points are completely misleading on the new rank system.

Your claims to that the amount of points show activity does not connect with reality 100% as there are more versions in the pot.

We have a big Guild who was alone in a group amongst small low active guilds and they had most the map for all 10 days as the smaller Guilds never managed to get enough battles to get to the middle and at those terms scoring 1.45 mill points and top ranking for doing low combat amount in first round.
2 Other big Guilds was in same group and scored alot lower in points due to the flow of sectors between the Guilds, så the amount of ranking points are almost completly misleading if we look at activity.
Any big Guild who get a low activity group and own the high tier sectors with boost buildings will get high scores on the new ranking list and those Guilds who battles with each other will get lower amount of points as well as crashing the troops you own as Titan troops dies as flies.

To summerize one of the problems with the new ranking, the ones who have the power to grap the map and dont have to fight will be the top ranking Guilds while the ones who fights and use alot of ressources will be lower on the list. so you turned the table comletely upside down.
This is Live server observations..

Last edited:

ArklurBeta

Baronet
To summerize one of the problems with the new ranking, the ones who have the power to grap the map and dont have to fight will be the top ranking
That might be true for the first few rounds, but as I said, if the matchmaking takes the winnings into account, it's very likely the top guilds will face each other, making VP almost completely irrelevant. It doesn't make sense to judge the ranking based on the very 1st round when a championship last for 6 rounds. So, for now, I wouldn't judge the system too much in this regard. That's another question if rankings will still look like this after 3-4 rounds, in that case, the system does not work right / is broken.