• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

D-Best

Squire
For starters, we have now included the chain pieces, previously only available in the diamond league! You can select between the level 1 building, an upgrade kit or the chain piece now. Other changes include providing coins now on the Volcano map, instead of the Waterfall one.
What happens to the old selection kits fragments we've gathered? I have 6/200 respectively 196/200. Can't they automatically be exchanged in selection kits if you have more than 200 and then the difference be exchanged for a modest reward? 1 FP per fragment?

Unfortunately these changes don't seem to stop guilds making alliances for farming. I still see them on every map on every server I play. You (Innos) need to do more, find solutions to deter them.

For instance, guild points should not be according to the final ranking, but on the value and number of the held sectors. This would be one step to discourage guilds to let other take their sectors.
Another idea would be the number of fights on a sector to decrease if not closed, or some variation on that. This would deter guilds from keeping sectors 2-3 fights away from closing.

Other solutions could be found if thought on, but do WHATEVER IT TAKES to stop those @#@#@# farming alliances!

Unfortunately these changes don't seem to stop guilds making alliances for farming. I still see them on every map on every server I play. You (Innos) need to do more, find solutions to deter them.

For instance, guild points should not be according to the final ranking, but on the value and number of the held sectors. This would be one step to discourage guilds to let other take their sectors.
Another idea would be the number of fights on a sector to decrease if not closed, or some variation on that. This would deter guilds from keeping sectors 2-3 fights away from closing.

Other solutions could be found if thought on, but do WHATEVER IT TAKES to stop those @#@#@# farming alliances!
It FFA on both Diamond league worlds that I play.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
Unfortunately these changes don't seem to stop guilds making alliances for farming.
It doesn't make it impossible, but for sure makes it much harder. If plays guild smart, they can "easily" stop the farming. You can start from your HQ with 80% support and even if you have just 1 slot in front of your HQ, that's 60% attr. reduction. All it really takes is coordination, have enough people to show up.

Nessie

Baronet
Does anyone have information or statistics that prove InnoGames is calculating the 20% attrition correctly?

Does anyone have information or statistics that prove InnoGames is calculating the 20% attrition correctly?
I can only give you a snapshot of today on my main. 403 fights, all on 20% sectors, 83 attrition. It's a very small sample but it works out to 20.5%. Yesterday was the same. Thursday was opening day with lots of fights on 100% sectors. I'd prefer a sample of several '000 fights but early indications are that the 20% is correct. Hope this helps.

1696114544108.png

Last edited:

Una Queen

Squire
thursday I did 714 fights on 177 attrition which 76% reduction
yesterday I did 766 fights on 167 attrition which was 79% reduction
today I did 833 fights on 175 attrition which was also 79% reduction.

LiMuBi

Farmer

The current scoreboard system encourages you to hold as many sectors as possible as the more sectors you have, the more victory points you generate, and the more victory points you have the higher you are on the scoreboard. But in case your guild doesn't care about the placement too much, having one guild to swap the map with you is the most effective way to play the GbG. The entire map is opening in a one-time period, sector by sector so it can be fought in one go and eliminating the need to log in more than once every 8 hours.
But if the other 6 guilds allow this to happen cause they act more like a placeholder isn't the problem of the system, game, or Inno but a problem of those 6 guilds that allowed this to happen. Step up your game and you won't be pinned, easy.

TrialIsle

Farmer
Step up your game and you won't be pinned, easy................... i'll do it right now shall i.
in a small guild of 30 with 10 or so active fighters able to reach 90 to 100 att how do you stop a guild of 60 strong who can still farm and swap all day.
the change to gbg has done nothing to address the obvious imbalence.
the answer was to create a higher tier and lump all the big guilds together. problem solved.
As there's no way two guilds can dominate the map and farm if all opposition is equal in att stats and members.

Arch1e

Marquis
the answer was to create a higher tier and lump all the big guilds together. problem solved.

Just for clarification, what is your expectation? The big guilds go and fight each other and there is a different map/league/prize pool for the smaller guilds? Like, platinum? Or 30% dime league, with 30% the rewards? Something like that? I think you are putting a very heavy burden on devs to create not a one size fits a bulk of cases, but a bulk of sizes to cater for various permutations of guilds. Like the league for 30 member guilds with 5 fighters, and the one for 60 members with 5 fighters, and in between the one with 10 members and 10 fighters. They can’t know what you do in your guild, you do that. If you cannot compete in the league you are in, the answer is to either improve, grow stronger or drop down.

angelgail

Baronet
have 28 members 10 to 15 of those dont play gbg .but it still fun for the ones of us that do when we get to play

Boo...

Baronet
a total attrition column would be nice
(every day attrition added together)

currently we only see todays attrition
And also add information about who spends how many diamonds to speed up construction.
And... Make changes to Alcatraz - double unit production.

CrashBoom

Legend
Step up your game and you won't be pinned, easy................... i'll do it right now shall i.
in a small guild of 30 with 10 or so active fighters able to reach 90 to 100 att how do you stop a guild of 60 strong who can still farm and swap all day.
As there's no way two guilds can dominate the map and farm if all opposition is equal in att stats and members.
the answer is simple
guilds with 30 members shouldn't move up higher than gold league

silver needs 15 members
platinum 45 members
and diamond 60 members

if all opposition is equal in att stats and members.
there aren't 2 guilds in a world with equal att stats and members :rolleyes:

Just for clarification, what is your expectation?
the expectation is
an easy diamond league where small guilds can get 3000 fragments of the new championship tower because they only fight other small guilds o_O

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
Maybe they should just take the luck out of it - if it's a 20% sector you get 0.2 attrition, 80% you get 0.8 attrition, but the % for the battle only changes at the whole value not the decimal and no rounding.

If you do enough fights it'll work out to be that way anyway.
good idea

but then also remove the luck of traps and always apply those percentages too ;)

Arch1e

Marquis
the expectation is
an easy diamond league where small guilds can get 3000 fragments of the new championship tower because they only fight other small guilds o_O

That’s what I’m reading too. I’ve never been one to immediately assume that people complaining about the ‘unfairness’ of Gbg were doing so because they wanted the same prize (hey, diamond league gives better fps and diamonds, surprise) for less effort (because it takes quite a bit to create, manage and run a successful Gbg guild, and I’m not talking about farming here), but increasingly, that is what I’m taking away from the feedback I see. People want either their farms left alone, or to be given what others got but in either a lower league or through some means where they don’t have to compete with said others, just someone else who is weaker than them. Folks, life is not fair. Work to create your own fairness.

Feedback to developers, please leave this feature alone as is. Maybe tweak something about diamond spend for buildings, sector opening times and the ranking system. But so far, this is an excellent effort at making Guild *battle*grounds a battle and a competition, thank you.

CrashBoom

Legend
championship update after 3 from 6 seasons: 4 guilds with 3 victories for the championship
#1. KYPIAPXOI - big favorite: 3.6 million victory points
#2. Polska - can only win if they are in the same battlefield with #1 and defeat them. because only 1.8 million VP
#3. DK Beta Easy Riders. on place 194 with 747 league points, and only 1.1 million VP.
#4. outsiders. place 274 with 613 league points and 760k VP. but also 3 victories

#1 is expected to win (my expectation for that result 99%
#2 only chance if they beat #1 in the same battlefield (0.99%)
#3 & #4 with 3 more wins will end at 1000 LP and IF #1 & #2 both fail in making 3 more wins they could win the championship (will happen in 0.01%)