• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Arch1e

Marquis
I don´t mind most of the changes, a championship is a good goal for competitive guilds with relly nice rewards, and extra attack and defence bonuses hell yea! But increased costs of support structures i am not a fan of and definitely not supporting the idea of 80% maximum attrition reduction.

Apologies, I seem to have forgotten to multiquote. But as you say, this is a great change to turn Gbg into a fight, and the way to do that is not to allow more people to fight past what anyone’s normal attrition will take them, but to force players to fight with the strength they truly have. I assume the reason some react with such negativity is that that strength is not as much as they would like and they know it will show.

LiMuBi

Farmer
Very happy to. There are players who have been playing the game for years before, it seems, players like RonTeddy even started. They happily played the game as it was, raised their stats and developed their cities to cope with what changes there were. When Gbg was started as a feature, they went for it as the replacement for Gvg it was marketed as. What happened instead was that it became a forge point and diamond mine, often for players who joined strong guilds with strong treasuries and raised their cities in turn off the backs of said older players. That would all be fine, but we all know what 0% attrition gain does, and everyone has by now heard of the high age unit loophole as well. So, the first issue is that being able to farm indefinitely off low attrition is simply skewing the competition (‘even playing field’) and the second is new players, some with higher era units, fighting further and longer than players with better stats and more developed cities. I don’t doubt that everything has its place if managed correctly, but the way Gbg has developed and is being used needs an overhaul, which is what the feature now being tested out, and hopefully will come live as soon as possible, is striving to do.
As for semi-active snipers - sorry. You have no idea what amount of time that can take, but also what you can gain from doing it. I’m also well aware of what it takes to build up both a guild and its treasury, I am not coming at this from the point of view of a small inactive guild at all.
I played before GbG became a part of the game too, there were players who played longer, and I overgrew them easily so what? When the GbG hit the server our guild which was very competitive in GvG became extremely competitive in GbG we won over 90% of matches ever since the GbG was added. Those loopholes with higher-era troops don´t last very long one season or in case you speak about troops you get from the map it's just a few so not enough to fight some extensive number of fights in a row.
As you must know very well, the game is constantly developing and new event buildings are stronger and stronger over the years, 2023 brings new buildings that old ones can not match so all players must work hard if they want to keep up with the game.
From your note of "attrition-free" fights I can tell you you never fought large quantities of fights per season (I mean 15k and more) as even 4 SC, you are still gaining attrition and very few sectors can be taken with 5 SC to achieve 0% attrition build up. So by the end of the day if you fight over thousand fights per day you still end up with attrition of around 100, cause sometimes you do a few fights with 3 or 2 SC sectors to keep the map spinning.
To be able to fight that much season by season was really tough to reach and with SAT troops it's even harder.
The same goes with the treasury goods as you just can't donate goods to the treasury in SAT like in lower ages all of us had to invest heavily in treasury GBs.
Regarding the snipping, I would rather play with the guildmates GbG than scan neighbors or friends for GB to snipe (in case you are doing it manually and not using SW to do it for you). The second aspect is your friends won't be really happy you are doing it and you can quite well piss out other guilds to seek revenge on you and your guild.

LiMuBi

Farmer
Apologies, I seem to have forgotten to multiquote. But as you say, this is a great change to turn Gbg into a fight, and the way to do that is not to allow more people to fight past what anyone’s normal attrition will take them, but to force players to fight with the strength they truly have. I assume the reason some react with such negativity is that that strength is not as much as they would like and they know it will show.
I would say I have very decent stats with over 4k in attack bonus, with the new update I will get a couple of hundred extra from new buildings but due to maximal 80% attrition reduction (in Inno world it will be more like a 65% at best) I will be able to go to around 150 attrition on auto. I will fight the same as now, I will just be hard-capped on the amount of fights I can do per day. We will keep demolishing other guilds the same way we do now as total guild attrition will become even more important than now and cause structure costs will increase as well, and the building will become an even bigger limiting factor for smaller guilds or guilds with not-so-developed players.
So yes our top fighters will get screwed hard, going from 10-20k fights per season to around 7k, players with low stats will get screwed even more cause attrition will catch them much faster. But ye those low-active guilds with less advanced players will indeed see a rise in fights so temporarily they will be happy, but when they join the senior club they will realize the new system is keeping them back.

Arch1e

Marquis
I played before GbG became a part of the game too, there were players who played longer, and I overgrew them easily so what? When the GbG hit the server our guild which was very competitive in GvG became extremely competitive in GbG we won over 90% of matches ever since the GbG was added. Those loopholes with higher-era troops don´t last very long one season or in case you speak about troops you get from the map it's just a few so not enough to fight some extensive number of fights in a row.
As you must know very well, the game is constantly developing and new event buildings are stronger and stronger over the years, 2023 brings new buildings that old ones can not match so all players must work hard if they want to keep up with the game.
From your note of "attrition-free" fights I can tell you you never fought large quantities of fights per season (I mean 15k and more) as even 4 SC, you are still gaining attrition and very few sectors can be taken with 5 SC to achieve 0% attrition build up. So by the end of the day if you fight over thousand fights per day you still end up with attrition of around 100, cause sometimes you do a few fights with 3 or 2 SC sectors to keep the map spinning.
To be able to fight that much season by season was really tough to reach and with SAT troops it's even harder.
The same goes with the treasury goods as you just can't donate goods to the treasury in SAT like in lower ages all of us had to invest heavily in treasury GBs.
Regarding the snipping, I would rather play with the guildmates GbG than scan neighbors or friends for GB to snipe (in case you are doing it manually and not using SW to do it for you). The second aspect is your friends won't be really happy you are doing it and you can quite well piss out other guilds to seek revenge on you and your guild.
We have a very similar background. No idea which server you play on for this. However, those couple of points you raise
- higher era units from maps - some players make that last and yes, can make quite enough to keep that going for full seasons
- I absolutely never fought 15k fights in a season, I would rather completely delete my city ;D
- ‘do a few 3 or 2 SC sectors ‘ oh heaven forbid - I spend most of my attrition daily on those so my guildies can have an easier ride, but in return, they also share the same - we fight through the season, no swapping - so I do a pretty good average of 500 or so a day, which is why I know what you do also
- I have no idea what SW is, I scan my snipes manually, and if you don’t know what or how to, you have no idea what time has gone in to doing it or making it work, there are differences in what you do with your friends list too.
-

Arch1e

Marquis
as total guild attrition will become even more important than now
This is 100% correct. So there will be guilds where people have been dormant too, not caring, since they have seen no point. So, maybe they will find the feature more interesting than before. But the way I see it is yes, your top fighters will get to fight to what they can max do, as will your lower powered ones. Like everyone else’s. And that is what I call an even playing field, and a true picture of the strength of your guild.

CDmark

Baronet
I have a question concerning a possible strategy just to get L1 tower. Lets say I have a good guild, one that isn't in the top 5 so if matched with a top 5, will not get 1st place.

Season 1 LP < 1000 I get matched with non 1000 LP guilds and take 1st place, 3000 fragments
Season 2 LP 1000 I see who is on the map but lets say 2 top guilds, I go for -25 LP, so take it easy, no fragments
Season 3 LP < 1000 same as season 1 3000 fragments, 6000 total
Season 4 LP 1000 same as season 2
Season 5 LP < 1000 same as season 1, now i have 9000 fragments, L1 tower

THIS IS ONLY for a TOWER FOCUSED strategy, any reason it would not work?
Yes, I know with 6000 fragments I can change the plan for season 4,5,6 BUT I just want to work with this simple example, 9000 fragments after season 5.
Yes I know season 2 and 4 there will be less rewards.

LiMuBi

Farmer
This is 100% correct. So there will be guilds where people have been dormant too, not caring, since they have seen no point. So, maybe they will find the feature more interesting than before. But the way I see it is yes, your top fighters will get to fight to what they can max do, as will your lower powered ones. Like everyone else’s. And that is what I call an even playing field, and a true picture of the strength of your guild.
So no difference from now? As if two or more strong guilds meet in a single round and they going for a victory it always comes down to two things:
1. Total attrition your guild can pull out per day as those 0 to 2 SC edge sectors decide who is going win and who is going lose so the more of them you can take the better
2. Overall player activity in the guild as sometimes there is tough timing or race so the guild with more players online on the track when the time is up wins those.
As there are still going to be sectors with 80% attrition reduction and those with less, what you call farming will still be a thing even after the update.
The playfield is even all the time, it's just how you and your guild can utilize it. If the attrition cap comes online every single active GbG fighter will see lower numbers at the end of the season regardless his/her attack bonus.
Those who are going to benefit from it are those who don't show much activity cause guilds simply won't be able to keep retaking the map so there will be more fights for those lazier parts of the player base.

CDmark

Baronet
So no difference from now? As if two or more strong guilds meet in a single round and they going for a victory it always comes down to two things:
1. Total attrition your guild can pull out per day as those 0 to 2 SC edge sectors decide who is going win and who is going lose so the more of them you can take the better
2. Overall player activity in the guild as sometimes there is tough timing or race so the guild with more players online on the track when the time is up wins those.
As there are still going to be sectors with 80% attrition reduction and those with less, what you call farming will still be a thing even after the update.
The playfield is even all the time, it's just how you and your guild can utilize it. If the attrition cap comes online every single active GbG fighter will see lower numbers at the end of the season regardless his/her attack bonus.
Those who are going to benefit from it are those who don't show much activity cause guilds simply won't be able to keep retaking the map so there will be more fights for those lazier parts of the player base.
The new GBG doesn't have SC's so how are these changes affecting your player in beta? How are these changes affecting your guild in beta?

My iron age player does about 250 battles a day, attrition 50's. 0 to 30 attrition, 450/400 A/D, 31 to 50's, potions to 600's A/D. I am happy with it. The rate of attrition increase allows me to get to 30, used to be 20. Then I have 30 min to poke away until done for the day.
I use a new metric, my player is worth 1 province, I have a province value.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
The new GBG doesn't have SC's so how are these changes affecting your player in beta? How are these changes affecting your guild in beta?
and there aren't 0 slot sectors anymore

so all sectors could be attacked with 80% reduction
every edge sector has at least 2 neighbor sectors
so 1 slot in 2 neighbor sectors with 40% building

As if two or more strong guilds meet in a single round and they going for a victory it always comes down to two things
if a strong guild really wants to win they will fight EVERY sector with 80% reduction ;)

Arch1e

Marquis
I don’t call players lazy just because they are not interested in helping guildmates farm Gbg by throwing their own resources or troops in so that others can grab free attrition fights fast and leave them less again to work on. Or those players currently not being able to get much action if two guilds swap every 4 hours. We don’t know if it’s too late for many of them to get back in to being interested, maybe they will be, and maybe you will be surprised.
Yes, in a fight for the win, it always comes down to how many active players you have, and how many choose to show up. But my experience of Gbg is also that how many you can get to do that tends to depend on how fair they find it. And if a few players are consistently taking the vast bulk of fights in a guild, it tends to feel less fair. So your lazier players may actually just choose to ignore you (or anyone’s call to do something). Don’t know how it works in your guild, maybe you have found a way to make everyone happy.

Emberguard

Emperor
[…] Now the active players won´t be able to keep the rotation going, so they will rely on those who play less which can and will result in being removed from the map or having to fight sectors with less support.
The majority of active GbG players will be able to make far fewer fights per season than now, so it's clearly a downgrade.

If you think weaker and less active players will benefit from this change you are wrong, players in the highest eras with high attacking army bonuses and high treasury goods production will just move together to a few power guilds. As it is the most logical way to do it, structures are going to cost more so you would not want to have players who produce 1k goods per day when you can have those who do 4k per day, the same goes with attrition if you have 4-5k bonuses you are going to be far more useful than those with few hundred.

Bit of a contradiction isn’t it?

On the one hand you’re saying the strong can’t keep their sectors in the new format…. on the other hand you’re saying the weak would never get more fights in from the new format…. who are the strong losing their sectors from if the weak can’t take anything, and the strong already have everything?

I wasn't here yet - my observation relates to the last 3 years

Farming is great - the best thing in the game. What do you have against farming? Or do you mean another game?

Farming only started once all the strategies had been worked out and there was literally nothing else left to accomplish at the top. It’s the default state of we have nothing to do because all the opponents have given up already. Therefore we’ve already won. We have another 11 days. We’re bored. So we’re going to organise with everyone to farm rather than sit and do nothing

What people have against it is farming isn’t all that compelling or interesting long term. We’ve all gotten used to it. So obviously there’ll be those that have decided they prefer farming for one reason or another. Especially those that came into the game after farming had already been established so it’s all they know

But even though we’re used to farming and it would be a shock to the system to go back to full on fighting, it’s still really tedious to do farming. Doesn’t feel like we’re actually playing when it’s a farm because it’s just going through the same motions over and over

All that said, I highly doubt any of these changes are going to kill farming. Far more likely it’ll give a break from farming for a bit, and then go back to farming

Those loopholes with higher-era troops don´t last very long one season or in case you speak about troops you get from the map it's just a few so not enough to fight some extensive number of fights in a row.

And yet I‘ve seen one player share a screenshot of higher aged units being used to reach thousands in attrition. They only don’t last if you’re not healing them with diamonds.

LiMuBi

Farmer
I don’t call players lazy just because they are not interested in helping guildmates farm Gbg by throwing their own resources or troops in so that others can grab free attrition fights fast and leave them less again to work on. Or those players currently not being able to get much action if two guilds swap every 4 hours. We don’t know if it’s too late for many of them to get back in to being interested, maybe they will be, and maybe you will be surprised.
Yes, in a fight for the win, it always comes down to how many active players you have, and how many choose to show up. But my experience of Gbg is also that how many you can get to do that tends to depend on how fair they find it. And if a few players are consistently taking the vast bulk of fights in a guild, it tends to feel less fair. So your lazier players may actually just choose to ignore you (or anyone’s call to do something). Don’t know how it works in your guild, maybe you have found a way to make everyone happy.
The amount of fights members get per season correlates with how active they are. Those members who login every four hours logically have more battles at the end of the season than those who log in once. Unless we are unlucky, which luckily doesn't happen very often, we will change all sectors on the map once every 4 hours, they all open nicely one after the other so doesn't take a long to retake the entire map (except edge sectors, those are taken only if there is a guild which can threaten us on overall victory).
Don´t see a reason why players should be demotivated about current GbG, even low attrition sectors don´t make any issue if you have 10-15 fighters on as during normal swaps you must take only 1 to 3 sectors with less than 4 SC that's attrition which doesn't limit you in any way and doesn't prevent you from doing over 1k fights a day.
I honestly don't understand all the talking about players who are bored of supporting their guild. Lol if you don't like the guild you are in join another one.

Arch1e

Marquis
The amount of fights members get per season correlates with how active they are. Those members who login every four hours logically have more battles at the end of the season than those who log in once. Unless we are unlucky, which luckily doesn't happen very often, we will change all sectors on the map once every 4 hours, they all open nicely one after the other so doesn't take a long to retake the entire map (except edge sectors, those are taken only if there is a guild which can threaten us on overall victory).
Don´t see a reason why players should be demotivated about current GbG, even low attrition sectors don´t make any issue if you have 10-15 fighters on as during normal swaps you must take only 1 to 3 sectors with less than 4 SC that's attrition which doesn't limit you in any way and doesn't prevent you from doing over 1k fights a day.
I honestly don't understand all the talking about players who are bored of supporting their guild. Lol if you don't like the guild you are in join another one.

Nobody is saying bored of supporting their guild. Just bored of supporting their guild mates raking it in. Maybe you don’t see it. Or maybe the difference between the number of fights you and maybe top 10 of your guild are taking, compared to your bottom 10, is down to none of the top stopping to let the bottom 10 get a piece of those 4-camp sectors. Individual guilds care about and handle these things in different ways, yours surely in its own way.

What Emberguard is saying above is also 100% correct

‘ Farming only started once all the strategies had been worked out and there was literally nothing else left to accomplish at the top. It’s the default state of we have nothing to do because all the opponents have given up already. Therefore we’ve already won. We have another 11 days. We’re bored. So we’re going to organise with everyone to farm rather than sit and do nothing

What people have against it is farming isn’t all that compelling or interesting long term. We’ve all gotten used to it. So obviously there’ll be those that have decided they prefer farming for one reason or another. Especially those that came into the game after farming had already been established so it’s all they know

And this. I’ve seen this too.

‘ And yet I‘ve seen one player share a screenshot of higher aged units being used to reach thousands in attrition. They only don’t last if you’re not healing them with diamonds.’

Arch1e

Marquis
The amount of fights members get per season correlates with how active they are

Every guild leader I know used to say this 3 years ago. It’s not true. Some people hang around the game masses, yes, but the amount of fights is directly down to how much they are willing to take, and not take, without spending their attrition. And how much it is open to those who don’t sit and organise swaps to take any fights or even tip sectors without those swaps.

Lots of complaining here.
Keep lousy Guilds out of Diamond. The best Guilds work to be the best. Lousy Guilds shouldn't be allowed to complain after getting their butts kicked on a map they don't belong.

CrashBoom

Legend
Lots of complaining here.
Keep lousy Guilds out of Diamond. The best Guilds work to be the best. Lousy Guilds shouldn't be allowed to complain after getting their butts kicked on a map they don't belong.
absolutely

put the 8 best guilds together in one battlefield :D
and 9-16 in the next battlefield

why a new ranking when it isn't used for matchmaking ;)

These changes were supposed to finally stop farming, and guild alliances. It doesn't. There are 2 guilds on my guild's map doing it right now.
You need to shrink maximal attrition reduction even more. Maybe to 60%.

-Alin-

Emperor
These changes were supposed to finally stop farming, and guild alliances. It doesn't. There are 2 guilds on my guild's map doing it right now.
You need to shrink maximal attrition reduction even more. Maybe to 60%.

It wont stop swapping, indiferently on attrition, people are used to it and will stick to it.
The only difference will be the fights, which will be shared upon players, no more 20k, 8k, 7k, 5k in a guild. Will require also more people to be around and fight, so better for the guild overall.

The other guilds that can't enter on map "because" of the other 2 should get stronger, simple as that.