• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Astrid

Baronet
@thelegend88 small guilds and low attack players should should be no match for big and competitive guilds. Players in smaller guilds with rubbish 600-700 attack were taking sectors faster than me and my colleagues just because they were able to click faster. The place for such guilds is 1 league down, they just don't belong in diamond.

What I'm concerned about the new gbg is the diamonds quantity we can earn compared to what we have now on live.

So far every diamonds income has been drastically nerfed.

thelegend88

Squire
@thelegend88 small guilds and low attack players should should be no match for big and competitive guilds. Players in smaller guilds with rubbish 600-700 attack were taking sectors faster than me and my colleagues just because they were able to click faster. The place for such guilds is 1 league down, they just don't belong in diamond.

What I'm concerned about the new gbg is the diamonds quantity we can earn compared to what we have now on live.

And what does it change things for them when they get 1 league down but keep bouncing from platinum to diamond. That was the issue since the beginning and it is not fixed, that is the point. This doesn not fix anything but nerf active teams

You just forgot one important point, the biggest looser is Inno , because the use of Diamonds is drasticli reduce
It's really too soon to tell if the use of diamonds will decrease, or not. The Tier 1 Guilds may reduce the use of diamonds but few, if any, of the members of these Guilds are purchasing diamonds for GBG. Instead, at 1 diamond per 4 encounters, they win enough diamonds to handle the demand when rushing buildings. On the other hand, lower Tier Guilds may begin to use diamonds since their opportunity to take sectors will improve. The net impact of the GBG changes on diamond purchases remains to be seen (but I'm pretty sure that INNO has gamed it out already and wouldn't be doing it if it was likely to have a negative impact on profit).

Do you have any data to share that supports this? So far, @Kono is the only player that has posted results (see post 526) and his data shows that the diamond rewards remain the same as before (albeit with a small sample size).

Hansueli50

Farmer
so tell us: how many diamonds did you buy in the past ?
and how much less will you buy in the future ?
I buy per year around 100 000 Dia and they are consumed almost all on the gbg as battle coordinator. From what I have seen I will not need more than 50% with the new version, or even less. Just due to the fact that we can not fight endless anymore.

Last edited:

angelgail

Baronet
I don't agree. Guilds that are in GBG for farming want the mismatch. 2 to 3 "strong" guilds facing "weaker" guilds is optimal for farming (with "strong' and "weaker" being relevant to that particular battlefield only).
of course they do time we get a tile they take it right back cant get out of home base

buildozer

Farmer
Hello Everybody,

I am reading regularly the feedback here. I have so far always been in favor when there was a change. But I have a question to those who have tested on beta the new Gbg since the last 2-3 weeks.

Has your online activity on FoE been reduced somehow?

With the current GbG, we tend to play quite a lot, but now that the attrition is capped I wonder if that won’t become something like GE. You come and do your part and then log off. There won’t be a particular reason to log in again – at least for GbG.

Astrid

Baronet
Do you have any data to share that supports this? So far, @Kono is the only player that has posted results (see post 526) and his data shows that the diamond rewards remain the same as before (albeit with a small sample size).
The fights you can do now in gbg are limited. It's a good thing but not when it comes to diamond farming.

All the players that I interacted with and have diamond farms have noticed a decrease. Obviously you get less diamonds from expedition, but also the fountains of youth and wishing wells trigger the diamonds reward a lot less than before GE5 was introduced. Also, the chance to earn a fountain of youth from the jade relic has also been decreased.

The fights you can do now in gbg are limited. It's a good thing but not when it comes to diamond farming.

All the players that I interacted with and have diamond farms have noticed a decrease. Obviously you get less diamonds from expedition, but also the fountains of youth and wishing wells trigger the diamonds reward a lot less than before GE5 was introduced. Also, the chance to earn a fountain of youth from the jade relic has also been decreased.
I have a total of 195 WWs/FoYs on my farms and I have not seen any reduction in the diamond rewards from them.

The fights you can do now in gbg are limited. It's a good thing ....

A good thing for what?

I have a lot of time and am looking for entertainment.
If I can only do 200 fights a day, the game will be too boring for me.
In the current GBG on the live servers I have 9k fights. I plan, build and defend a ccheckerboard. There is always something to do. The other guilds attack, make breaches, lose, win. This makes the game fun for me.
This all disappears and it becomes extremely boring for active players.

Kono

Merchant
Hello Everybody,

I am reading regularly the feedback here. I have so far always been in favor when there was a change. But I have a question to those who have tested on beta the new Gbg since the last 2-3 weeks.

Has your online activity on FoE been reduced somehow?

With the current GbG, we tend to play quite a lot, but now that the attrition is capped I wonder if that won’t become something like GE. You come and do your part and then log off. There won’t be a particular reason to log in again – at least for GbG.
I would say it is very personal. I don't like clicking autobattle button endlessly, find it very boring. Especially when only farming is involved. So I have played minimum of GBG recently.
After new changes have been introduced, I have increased GBG play, I find it more dynamic, fighting multiple guilds on more equal basis.
Also winning Tourney Grounds is a big motivator. Last week I had two of them active for 2-3 days, which helped with GE5.
Maybe my increased activity is only due to novelty, but we'll see how it goes.