• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

The 8 seasons means only that you have a chance during this seasons to reach first place 3 times to have enough fragments for the champion building, after that a new tournament starts for another 8 season with a different building
8 season just means:
there is one winner every 16 weeks (not 8 or 24 weeks)

not that it does matter who wins
that guild gets just a +1 in the won championship column
The announcement is confusing. This is what it says "The challenge to get the Tower of Champions is truly not easy. Win at least three Diamond League Battlegrounds in a Championship to get enough Fragments to unlock level one of the brand new Tower of Champions. Win SIX Battlegrounds in a Championship to unlock level 2!"

I'm probably misunderstanding this, but I take it to mean that each 2-week GBG Season is what they mean by "Diamond League Battlegrounds" and that winning at least 3 of the 8 seasons will result in that Guild's members getting the L1 Tower of Champions. After the 8 seasons are over a new "Championship" starts.

CrashBoom

Legend
The announcement is confusing. This is what it says "The challenge to get the Tower of Champions is truly not easy. Win at least three Diamond League Battlegrounds in a Championship to get enough Fragments to unlock level one of the brand new Tower of Champions. Win SIX Battlegrounds in a Championship to unlock level 2!"

I'm probably misunderstanding this, but I take it to mean that each 2-week GBG Season is what they mean by "Diamond League Battlegrounds" and that winning at least 3 of the 8 seasons will result in that Guild's members getting the L1 Tower of Champions. After the 8 seasons are over a new "Championship" starts.
yes winning diamond seasons (battlegrounds) gives Tower of Champions fragments (3 wins = 1 kit)

but winning the whole Championship gives only a +1 in the won championship column

-Alin-

Emperor

Same thing Understood aswell.

And the announcement is not confusing, maybe just written with a different style.
But regarding ToC you need 6000 fragments, You win 1000 fragments per diamond league round, so You need 6 out of 8 won from championship to have a maximum level Tower of Champions.
After that they will change the tower with another building.

-Alin-

Emperor
If true, this is disturbing but not really unexpected. How many GBG encounters are you basing your conclusion on?
1693163911214.png
Got only 3 times diamonds out of 1005 fights.

1693163935097.png
45*3/1005=0.134 for me.
Others in my guild got less and another friend based on 500 fights got only one single time diamonds, so that is 0.09.

1000 fights arent enough, but this might make things clear that the diamonds have been reduced from the 0.25 that was before(which is still on live servers).
Maybe it is not down to 0.12, but something between 0.12-0.14 should be, we ll gather data anyway.
We seen already GE being halved, so I think they did that aswell to GbG.

Correction, I got diamonds 4 times according to FoE helper since 24 august to 27 august, today.

1693164405135.png

45*4/1005=0.179 diamonds per fight in this case.

Last edited:

View attachment 10078
45*3/1005=0.134 for me.
Others in my guild got less and another friend based on 500 fights got only one single time diamonds, so that is 0.09.

1000 fights arent enough, but this might make things clear that the diamonds have been reduced from the 0.25 that was before(which is still on live servers).
Maybe it is not down to 0.12, but something between 0.12-0.14 should be, we ll gather data anyway.

Correction, I got diamonds 4 times according to FoE helper since 24 august to 27 august, today.

View attachment 10080

Thanks for sharing.

I'm approaching the looming GBG changes pragmatically, just as I did with the changes to GE and the nerf of Wishing Wells. I have been playing for three months shy of 3 years. My main city is ranked #49 on US19, I'm in SAT with red boosts of 3200/2200 and blue boosts of 1400/1600. I have a stockpile of over 350K FPs and 20K diamonds. All this after spending less than $150 USD since the beginning. I am very sure that I'm not the only player that has done very, very well with the opportunities to collect free diamonds. So, it's fairly easy for me to accept the fact that the Devs seek to reduce these opportunities. Doesn't mean that I am happy about it, just that I understand the need for it.

CDmark

Baronet

View attachment 10078
45*3/1005=0.134 for me.

View attachment 10080

I had Tourney Grounds fragments at 12.5% per battle, FOE is 24.5% but reward distribution. I think we are still at 50% rewards so the numbers match. So 4000 battles and you have that time limited building for next GBG. 4000 battles is 73 attrition. This based on 80% off, so the minimum attrition, not including last 7 hours but most places, support buildings aren't built. I still don't understand why Inno can't post this information.

-Alin-

Emperor
I had Tourney Grounds fragments at 12.5% per battle, FOE is 24.5% but reward distribution. I think we are still at 50% rewards so the numbers match. So 4000 battles and you have that time limited building for next GBG. 4000 battles is 73 attrition. This based on 80% off, so the minimum attrition, not including last 7 hours but most places, support buildings aren't built. I still don't understand why Inno can't post this information.

I did 150 attrition first day, 120 second, 0 third day and 120 attrition today, I cans push higher, but it is no point, and I have not fought on 80% sectors all the time, I just got into my free time some sectors that either had 40% reduction either 80%.

TARS

Merchant
I did 150 attrition first day, 120 second, 0 third day and 120 attrition today, I cans push higher, but it is no point, and I have not fought on 80% sectors all the time, I just got into my free time some sectors that either had 40% reduction either 80%.

Is there still the 150 attrition limit or is there a higher one?

-Alin-

Emperor
Is there still the 150 attrition limit or is there a higher one?
150 attrition now is 6000/6000.

I haven't gone higher than that, I might try.

So theoretically, based on the formula 200 should be 10k/10k maximum attrition, they might increase the step from 400% to 600% for each 5 attrition gained after 160 attrition so the 200 attrition will be 12000/12000 like it was 150 attrition before the change.

Mylady

Farmer
gbg%20logo.png

Dear Kings and Queens,
On Thursday, August 24th the first Battleground with all the new changes begins!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "To battle or not to battle, that's the question." is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Questions that ask when it will be released on the live server will not be answered. We always announce it in time there.
  • Don't report any bugs here. Please use the bugs forum.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.
Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team
I do not like the update. It is already challenging for smaller guilds to play the diamond league, and with the new logic they barely have a chance - winning a sector will be a stretch with the increased number of fights, the new buildings require a lot of goods. Among stronger guilds, the competition will increase. Allies will become foes at the end of a guild battle to gain P1. Where is the fun in this? This is a game after all, you are making it more and more a competition about who is the strongest, the one with the most goods.

Tempestas

Squire
How are we even going to communicate about these buildings when their names are so similar. Two of the have the exact same initials.

Last edited:

ArklurBeta

Baronet
Yes, 45 diamonds instead of 25, thats is a nice visual change, to make people thing they get more diamonds*, but looking into the numbers, are less diamonds than before with 25 :))

So far based on the numbers, it seems like the chance to get diamonds is halved and the diamonds increased almost 2x. Might need some more numbers to see a better picture, in this case 1000 is very low, but, if we assume it's halved indeed, that's 10% decrease. Given the changes to GBG, not sure why there was a need to nerf the diamonds you can get here, no-bueno.

*Anyone who can't math that out and think they get more diamonds, that's on them.

-Alin-

Emperor
So far based on the numbers, it seems like the chance to get diamonds is halved and the diamonds increased almost 2x. Might need some more numbers to see a better picture, in this case 1000 is very low, but, if we assume it's halved indeed, that's 10% decrease. Given the changes to GBG, not sure why there was a need to nerf the diamonds you can get here, no-bueno.

*Anyone who can't math that out and think they get more diamonds, that's on them.
It's halved on the total number of diamonds, not the chance.

They just "increased" the ammount from 25 to 45, but even so You get literally half of the diamonds in total, only 0.125 with 45, not 0.25 diamonds per fight with 25 as before. :))
So far for me from 1005 fights, its 0.179 diamonds per fight.
Others got less than me.

Astrid

Baronet
I still expect those fragments for diamonds :p

Seriously now, if they don't change how attrition scales at higher values, the gbg is dead for me. One Tower of Champions level 2 will help me what ? 2-3 extra fights at highest attrition ? Pass for me. Also, thanks to Pegasus at 40 and Arctic Orangery at 140, I already beat GE5 on auto.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
It's halved on the total number of diamonds, not the chance.
'ah, I see, I've read it wrongly then, my bad. 50% reduction (...let's go with that number for now, then see how it will look like with higher numbers) of diamonds? Ouch :( .
I get Inno wants to people buy the diamonds they spend and not earn it, but...feels like a little bit too much. I mean, you can't even do that much fight anymore, not like people can still do extreme amount of fights, 10k, 20k, in edge cases even more. That alone nerfs the diamond you can get from GBG.

Found the 1st thing I disagree with the revamp of GBG. Not going to cry into my pillow, but...*sad face*.