• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

GE has new AI strategy?

DeletedUser5149

Is it just me, or does the AI in GE act more like the AI in the continent battles? I have only done the first 8, but the defense sure seems to be attacking the troops before the rogues. If true, going to make the 3rd level pretty challenging.

Thunderbummy

Marquis
I agree - definite change to AI - now seems unpredictable. Started to loose units in level 1 - never happened before. Makes using auto almost impossible without serious losses. Frankly the game takes up enough time as it is. If I now have to fight each battle on manual, I will probably give up altogether - The new level is boring and it just will be no fun anymore. Someone should check the AI on GvG to see if that has also changed.

DeletedUser7262

Is it just me, or does the AI in GE act more like the AI in the continent battles? I have only done the first 8, but the defense sure seems to be attacking the troops before the rogues. If true, going to make the 3rd level pretty challenging.

yes it act like the continent map now. i guess they no longer want us to be able to beat all 3 levels fighting (unless you have a much higher attack boost than the AI). not happy about this at all i like the idea of winning all 3 levels thru fights for the tower points

DeletedUser5383

Yes I had noticed it too on the short one they released yesterday, I thought it was because I had jumped to AF since last GE?
It was hard enough before, now it's going to be impossible to get to the end of level three, without losing masses of troops and rogues, and take hours to get there even if you can.
This is a game changer and a lot of peeps are going to drop out rather than lose their rogue stock and troops, which was going down before, now it's going to be even faster.
Bad move Inno, as usual :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

GE fighting was too easy compared to GE negotiation

so InnoGames had to change something
and they have decided to change fighting to make it more challenging

:rolleyes:

aliatela

Merchant
Yes, they did change how AI behaves on GE, now it indeed attacks troops first before rogues. This is going to alter whole dynamics for fighting on GE, making it harder to preserve troops, especially on higher difficulties.

Thunderbummy

Marquis
I do wish that Inno would learn that " If it ain't broken - don't fix it". GE was the only thing really keeping me in the game. After the farce of the Easter Event, the boredom of the repetitive Quest lines and the dissapointment of Arctic Future and it's lack of GvG map, my main solace was GE. The prize benefits for GE were always a little dubious but the battles were fun even if it was heavy on rogues. The troop losses involved in the future will make it untenable for me, even on Beta where I have good attack bonus's. On the main servers where I have games in many different ages, the lower ages will suffer the most. It was already difficult with no Traz and small attack bonus to get past level 2 but now it is likely to be almost impossible. If it is introduced there, it will kill interest in GE for all but the strongest players. The negotiation thing is already a joke lottery so rather than bring more players together, it is likely to cause even more separation between the haves and the have-nots. Shame Inno, GE brought back the "edge" to the game. This update, together with the negotiate option, takes it away again. One step forward, 2 steps back as usual.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I don't believe the change was intentional. We've notified the development team, we will let you know once we find out more.

DeletedUser5324

AI behavior has not only changed in GE but in GVG also...
However, it would be most helpful to get information if this is intended or not asap.
Thanks to the Community Management in advance.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
We've passed along information about both - it does not appear to be intended. At the moment we can't say when it will be fixed, but hopefully it won't take long. Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

bromtor

Squire
Yes I had noticed it too on the short one they released yesterday, I thought it was because I had jumped to AF since last GE?
It was hard enough before, now it's going to be impossible to get to the end of level three, without losing masses of troops and rogues, and take hours to get there even if you can.
This is a game changer and a lot of peeps are going to drop out rather than lose their rogue stock and troops, which was going down before, now it's going to be even faster.
Agree i already wrote the guild for me the end of expeditions to many losses for just level 1 its not worth to loose so many for what money and supplies.

Great work Inno games in just about 6 weeks you killed guild expeditions ist not fun anymore.

bromtor

Squire
Im done with GE ist not worth it to loos that many at level 1 to much time cunsuming to play all by hand im now loosing fast my interrest about this game great work 4 years off fun in about 6 weeks with GE end off game in sight.

vidicecilia

Baronet

This problem happens when you attack your neighbors too. It was so mad and incomprehensible.

DeletedUser7522

you are such a disgrace, you allow all the fake battles to carry on and you have made all the others much harder. A TOTAL DISGRACE

vidicecilia

Baronet
Please, give us some answer.
I can`t make any battle more if I don`t know which are the rules and I think everyone is in the same situation.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
An answer has already been provided above - the change was not intended and the development team are aware of the situation.

DeletedUser5149

you are such a disgrace, you allow all the fake battles to carry on and you have made all the others much harder. A TOTAL DISGRACE

Perhaps you are not aware that Darkstar is not a part of the development team in any way, who are all based in Germany. Darkstar's role is (among other things) to help facilitate communications between the players and the development team, and has no role in the actual decision making or the programming of the game itself.

So insulting him is doing no good, especially when he is doing his best to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Thanks again, Darkstar, you have always been up and up with us players.

vidicecilia

Baronet
An answer has already been provided above - the change was not intended and the development team are aware of the situation.

Thanks, Darkstar.
We love you, do not feel bad

Perhaps you are not aware that Darkstar is not a part of the development team in any way, who are all based in Germany. Darkstar's role is (among other things) to help facilitate communications between the players and the development team, and has no role in the actual decision making or the programming of the game itself.

So insulting him is doing no good, especially when he is doing his best to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Thanks again, Darkstar, you have always been up and up with us players.

We know that Darkstar is not responsible of any problem and we know he is a beautiful person too, but we need some news and he is the only who can give us them.

Last edited: