• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest GBG: bringing negotiations in line with fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
it is necessary to balance negotiations in GBG
Details
balancing negotiations and fights in GBG only be done by introducing a LB that boosts negotiations
Balance
this will balance negotiations and fights
Abuse Prevention
cant be abused
Summary
the numbers will have to be tested and adjusted
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
hasnt beed suggested
GBG favors fighting over negotiations, there is just not enough incentive to negotiate in most situations.

The GBG nerf on the test servers (although i heavily oppose their approach to changing GBG) would fix this to a degree, because players would be forced to negotiate more, but all in all the nerf has to many side effects that would make GBG much worse than it is now (in my opinion).

Only a new LB could bring negotiations in line with fighting (i know that suggestions about new LBs are not wanted, but i see it as a necessity. Please leave this thread unlocked for a little while, i wanna know the voting results on this one).

The primary effect of this new LB would be:

chance to gain four advances from a negotiation, instead of two. the chance is 10% at level 10, and 55% at level 80.

The secondary effect would be:

Chance that the negotiation is immediately succesfull, without having to play the negotiation mini-game (it would still cost goods though).

the chance is 5% at level 10, and 15% at level 80.

The numbers would probably have to be tweaked and adjusted

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
interesting ideas, but how would you determine the goods costs for "immediately successful" - how exactly would that mechanic work?

I would imagine something like:
after giving the first offer the game rolls the dice and decides whether it is an "instant" win - in this case a pop up would need to appear offering the player to instantly finish for a prize of XXXXX - then the player can decide to finish on their own or to pay the instant prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.