• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2023

Astrid

Baronet
I'm guessing that you have been choosing mostly the Gold players. Using the Progress Coach and choosing only Bronze/Other players would have gotten you to about 816. The additional 4K footballs to come would have gotten you to 1200 with a little help from incidents. From where you stand now, you cannot get to 1200 without spending diamonds.
Yes indeed, I opted mostly for more expensive players.... well that's it I guess I will use some diamonds then. But still, I believe that the event should have been designed such way that no matter what players you choose, you would still be able to get the main building without spending diamonds.

Yes indeed, I opted mostly for more expensive players.... well that's it I guess I will use some diamonds then. But still, I believe that the event should have been designed such way that no matter what players you choose, you would still be able to get the main building without spending diamonds.
Whenever INNO gives us choices (be they football players, soccer players, or creatures hopping to lily pads) you can be sure that choosing poorly has consequences. It's pretty much common knowledge that choosing the costliest player is certain to prevent getting the fully levelled event building. This event has been thoroughly modelled by @MooingCat. If I recall correctly, the surest way to the complete building is using the Ultimate Coach. Next best is to split the plays between the Progress Coach and the League Coach (and hope for a bunch of football incidents). Both strategies call for using the player that gives the lowest cost per yard gained (which is never the Gold players). If I were you, I'd suspend playing the mini-game until late on the last day (when the leagues have been pretty well determined) and then select the Ultimate Coach and use only the lowest cost players. Spend diamonds on footballs as necessary to either get the last upgrade outright or thru the Bronze League reward (if you are comfortably in the Bronze League standings).

Astrid

Baronet
Thanks for suggestions Pericles, will do just that. I can't miss this building since it gives mainly attack for attacking army which I kind of lack. So far I always chose the building that gives defence boost based on the fact that it gives more forge points.

.Chris

Baronet
I just learned that players who had reached and claimed the first pergola upgrade kit from grand prizes (80 yards) before the unannounced changes to the grand prizes / event pass on the live servers also received the selection kit that is now in that spot.

After I raised my concerns about that on the german forums we got this answer from CipherF (Community Manager).

I will only translate the part of his message relevant to the exchanged kit, please excuse my clumsy translation skills. :oops:
The original post is in the spoiler at the bottom; it addresses an issue with the unexpected exchange of Daily Specials, not sure if that applied to other servers as well. if it is requested I will translate that part as well.

CipherF said:
Dear community,

you may believe me when I say that it angers us the most that the Forge Bowl Event is not going smoothly and we would like to offer our appologies for that.

The adjustements shortly after the start of the event were done due to feedback. Ideally this would be done beforehand but some consequences are only apparent after the event is available to everyone und then it is necessary to evaluate wheter or not ot change something. We decided in favor of a change and tried to thereby improve the event for all players.

Since some players are wondering, why they have an additional Pergola-Kit: if you collected the rewards (Main and Bowl prizes) before the adjustement then you recieved the old prize as well as the new one that was/is offered on the position that got changed (at 80 yards; Pergola-Kit (old) / Pergola-Selection-Kit (new).
You were awarded the changed Main / Bowl prizes simply due to you progress. We intentionally decided against exchanging the prizes in your inventory since that would have led to additional problems. Some players might have gained a small advantage but there is nothing we can do about that after the fact.

I find this reaction unacceptable. You f**k up, fine. Happens to the best of us.
But you decided to balance the event extremely tight and now there WILL BE instances of some players getting 12 Kits while others just get 9.
In what universe is that fair?

With your move towards "incentivizing" players towards spending more money on the game you haven't exactly collected karma points and now you decide to pull this move? Really not cool...

CipherF said:
Liebe Community,

Ihr könnt mir glauben, dass es uns am meisten ärgert, dass das Forge Bowl-Event nicht ganz rund läuft und dafür möchten wir euch um Entschuldigung bitten.

Die Anpassungen kurz nach dem Start des Events wurden aufgrund des Feedbacks vorgenommen. Ja, im Idealfall passiert das vorher, aber manche Auswirkungen sieht man erst, wenn das Event für alle verfügbar ist und dann muss man abwägen, ob man etwas ändert oder nicht. Wir haben uns für eine Anpassung entschieden und versucht, das Event dadurch für alle Spieler grundsätzlich zu verbessern.

Da sich nun einige Spieler fragen, warum sie ein zusätzliches Pergola-Kit haben: wenn ihr die Belohnungen (Haupt- und Bowl-Preise) vor der Anpassung abgeholt habt, dann habt ihr sowohl den alten, als auch den neuen Preis der geänderten Position erhalten (bei 80 ein Pergola-Kit (alter Preis) und ein Pergola-Auswahl-Kit (neuer Preis)).

Die geänderten Haupt-/Bowl-Preise wurden anhand eures Fortschritts einfach zusätzlich gutgeschrieben. Wir haben bewusst nicht versucht, diese im Inventar auszutauschen, das hätte nur zu weiteren Problemen geführt. Dadurch haben einige Spieler möglicherweise einen kleinen Vorteil erhalten, aber das können wir im Nachgang leider nicht mehr ändern.

Der unerwartete Austausch des Tagespreises ist ganz sicher auch keine Glanzleistung auf unserer Seite und wir können die Verärgerung darüber uneingeschränkt nachvollziehen. Das hätte einfach nicht passieren dürfen. Alle Spieler, die am Mittwoch vor dem Austausch des Tagespreises DEN TRAINER aktiviert hatten, um sich bessere Chancen für den ursprünglichen Tagespreis zu sichern, können sich zwecks Erstattung der für den Premium-Trainer eingesetzten Diamanten gerne beim Support melden.

Abschließend möchten wir euch für das Chaos noch einmal um Entschuldigung bitten und wir hoffen, dass ihr weiterhin am Ball bleibt - im Spiel, im Event und bei eurem Feedback an uns!

Vielen Dank
Euer Forge of Empires-Team

Beta King

Viceroy
If it were easy for everyone to get the main prize, then it would be boring. It's a game. You are supposed to have to use your brain, your time, your friend's assistance, to do well. If you don't do those well, then you use your money or you accept that it will take longer to get what you want (as in, a few times I've not gotten the complete building and I finished it the next year, big deal). Inno is a business, and they need to make money. Their employees need to be paid. They walk a fine line here. I think they do a pretty good job. When they go too far, the best way to communicate with Inno is to refuse to do what it takes to get the main event building. It's the only way to communicate that what they require is excessive, not worth it. If an event is unmanageably complicated: Skip it. If a prize isn't worth it: Skip it. Communicate with your behavior. If you don't want to spend money: Then don't. There is nothing requiring you to get every single building. You can play well and not do it. Really you can. Play the game with Inno -- be in charge of yourself.
Or just spend the money like all the big shots do and finish the first one and grab a couple more from the $ bowl prizes(grab a few portraits as well)! Pay 2 Win or simply play 2 enjoy, options are rather simple these days.

RisenShine

Merchant
It is very clear that you have prioritized the diamond players - by raising the price of diamond trainers to 475, there are many of us who do not come close to getting the building on the live servers - If you had raised the price to 200 diamonds, then it was acceptable - but 475.- that's greedy

RisenShine

Merchant
I am not seeing a problem. I am currently working to collect my final upgrade and have used no diamonds.
Well, congrats on that - I play on 3 servers, whatever I do, I have to be more than lucky to get the build in lvl 10 (lvl 9 is no problem)
regardless - it is greedy to raise the price from 150 - 475
a price increase to 200 would be understandable and, if necessary, acceptable

Beta King

Viceroy
Well, congrats on that - I play on 3 servers, whatever I do, I have to be more than lucky to get the build in lvl 10 (lvl 9 is no problem)
From the numbers i have seen in the other thread should only take around ~2,000 fights in GBG to make 500 diamonds. For some people that's done in 1 day with the help zero attrition. I have done over 2k in a day twice in the last month or so.

From the numbers i have seen in the other thread should only take around ~2,000 fights in GBG to make 500 diamonds. For some people that's done in 1 day with the help zero attrition. I have done over 2k in a day twice in the last month or so.
Also, since GE63 delivers, on average, 161 diamonds per season, the 475 expense for the Ultimate Coach is almost exactly what can be earned from GE during the three-week Event. Spending real $$ is not necessary.

RisenShine

Merchant
Not the point - I dont play GBG i play GvG

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I will stand by it and keep saying it.

In no event should spending diamonds ever be necessary to secure a fully leveled main building. Spending diamonds =/= free.

It shouldn't matter how many diamonds you get from GE, GBG, etc. As long as you complete the questline and play somewhat strategically, you should not be cut out from enjoying an event because you don't want to spend diamonds.

Beta King

Viceroy
I will stand by it and keep saying it.

In no event should spending diamonds ever be necessary to secure a fully leveled main building. Spending diamonds =/= free.

It shouldn't matter how many diamonds you get from GE, GBG, etc. As long as you complete the questline and play somewhat strategically, you should not be cut out from enjoying an event because you don't want to spend diamonds.
In a pay 2 win game you can't expect to win(maxing event buildings on first year) without paying...

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Hehe little math help with 2 choices:

≢ <--- not identical to
≠ <--- not equal to
Mate, I wasn't going to copy paste the symbols to explain a simple point. You understood what I meant, as evidenced by your reply, and that was the entire purpose.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Should be no problem if player gets the Bronze League reward. Otherwise, about 1000 footballs from incidents would be necessary.
Think it's more like 600 - which seems reasonable from what I've seen so far from incidents (some ranging up as high as 200 from a single collection ; and 20s and 50s being pretty common)

Emberguard

Emperor
Should be no problem if player gets the Bronze League reward. Otherwise, about 1000 footballs from incidents would be necessary.
You have 21 days. 1,000 Footballs would be roughly 47 needed in incidents per day

If you don't mind me asking, how'd you come to the conclusion it'll be about 1,000 footballs needed from incidents?

If you only ever took the shortest pass, you would land somewhere between 1,086 yards (exclusively Grey 60) and 1,325 yards (exclusively the cheapest, Red 41). The exact middle of that would be 1,205 yards without incident currency

Let's go a step further and say you had the absolute worst grey/blue player (blue 78) + red, then the range would be somewhere between 973- 1325 yards. Middle of that is still 1,149 Yards, only 51 yards required. 51 yards is only 11 passes, or 451 - 539 footballs if going exclusively for Red players for the remainder of the yards.

Not bad to aim for 1,000 footballs, but unless I'm missing something in my calculations, it does sound rather high for anyone going exclusively for Red whenever Red is available