• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2022

BritishBoy

Marquis
Again no wishing wells? Starting from 2021 forge bowl Inno goes less and less tolerant to free players, that's just sad. Why don't you just make a flat rate subscription like WoW did?

Owl II

Emperor
Would've been better if it would offer additional selection kits for the grand prize. I think 1/2 addition selection kit for maxing out an grand prize. In this event for example 10lvls / 2 = 5 selection kits. In that case it would be pretty appealing offer for someone interested in an second grand prize of events but in exchange for upfront 1.800 diamonds besides the addition diamonds needed to gather the missing selection kits for the second grand prize.
I'm afraid in this case it will cost not 1,800 diamonds, but rather 18,000 :D

Owl II

Emperor
If they would go down the road other more greedy companies went, yes. If they keep on being genereus there are some odds it'll remain 1.8-2k
That's not the point. The price of the grand prize is in the range of 15-25 thousand diamonds for quite a long time. Thus, what you are offering cannot be worth 1 800 diamonds. it may be not 18k. Let's say 9k. But not 1,8k

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
That's not the point. The price of the grand prize is in the range of 15-25 thousand diamonds for quite a long time. Thus, what you are offering cannot be worth 1 800 diamonds. it may be not 18k. Let's say 9k. But not 1,8k
Fair point perhaps last year's grand prize could be an better alternative to suggest for an upfront 1.8k. Maybe not 1/2 needed selection kits but at least a bunch. Especially when last year's grand prize in an event is really appealing it could make more players digging in their wallets.

CrashBoom

Legend
I doubt that you get the last prize without spending more diamonds

so you wouldn't get it for just 1800 diamonds

so how much diamonds would cost it to complete the whole 9 pages of rewards ?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
so you wouldn't get it for just 1800 diamonds
Yeah on second thought I wasn't really awake this morning. If u pay upfront 1.800 diamonds for 1/2 selection kits (5 kits this event), assuming to have some luck with just the 150 diamonds couch burning through all currency at once grinding 2 additional kits, you're still approximately 3-4 kits short depending on luck. I'm unsure how much diamonds clearing 2 boards costs but let's assume 2k. It'll be at best 1.800 diamonds = 5 kits, 2 additional kits from free currency + 3 kits x 2 boards = 6 total boards to clear, assuming on average each board costing 1.5k (speculation) x 6 boards = 9k (extra currency) + 1.8k (upfront) + 150 diamonds coach = 10.95k diamonds. So, approximately roughly 11k diamonds for an 2nd grand prize.
This is just lots of assuming and speculating but I think roughly 10k+ diamonds for an 2nd grand prize is decently reasonable. For those who want it cheaper could pay upfront 1.8k, trying to catching the extra 2 with the 150 diamonds couch. Leaving them with 7/10 kits for 1.95k. So, roughly 2k diamonds falling 3 kits short they might be bocht through AD later. Sounds pretty reasonable to me and in line with the other ingame purchases.

Owl II

Emperor
Fair point perhaps last year's grand prize could be an better alternative to suggest for an upfront 1.8k. Maybe not 1/2 needed selection kits but at least a bunch. Especially when last year's grand prize in an event is really appealing it could make more players digging in their wallets.
Perhaps you are right, from the point of view of pricing, at least. But that's not what I was talking about at the beginning. I talked about the reasons that can encourage players to spend diamonds. "Tell me a rhyme and you'll get candy." And maybe even a candy wrapper. Why would I tell a rhyme if my house is littered with candy and candy wrappers? Only for the love of verse...

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Perhaps you are right, from the point of view of pricing, at least. But that's not what I was talking about at the beginning. I talked about the reasons that can encourage players to spend diamonds.
Thus, what you are offering cannot be worth 1 800 diamonds. it may be not 18k. Let's say 9k. But not 1,8k
Glad we’ve managed to agreed up on what is an reasonable pricing for the value. I’m pretty sure that there’ll be more players willing to drawing their wallets when they see an upfront 1.8k diamonds for an decant head start to get an 2nd grand prize and being more willing to spend just a bit more to getting through the last bits of remaining kits for the 2nd grand prize. Kinda marketing strategy, not unique to Inno and by far more reasonable in comparison.
More greedy companies locking some really good rewards behind an pay wall of an season pass during some events. You have to be both good, skilled at the game’s event. Participating at it and reaching certain milestones. While also paying money to getting their. Often roughly around €20-50 depending on how greedy the system has been designed. I think this case an upfront payment of 1.8k diamonds and ending up with an estimated 11k total, so about 9k additional diamonds probably from a wallet it’ll also be around the €20-50 depending on the diamonds package needed to getting the estimated 11k diamonds needed just for that 1 event. As where players with less to spend could be convince to paying a little bit of money to getting the 1.8-2k diamonds for an season pass. Thus an benefit for FoE’s profits while keeping the game for free for those who don’t like to spending diamonds.
The real dilemma however is. How to continuesly appeal players to spending money on virtual stuff while we already see post-scarcity popping up left and right?

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Why still include medals in the rewards of an event building?
The advanced cities do not care and you generate mismanagement to the beginner cities because for their good they must win the medals by betting on GB and not by collecting. A lot of newbie players don't understand it because you systematically mislead them.

6zeva9

Baronet
also twice Pillar of Heroes selection Kit as Grand Prize (none diamond line) is not really that great
i mean this building is 4? years old

or a self Aid kit, really?, i get that 1-2x each week out of the incidents

you really need to work on the Grand Prize list, on both, the free line and the diamond one
On the non-diamond prizes, if you ignore the 0 yards GP you will notice that 80 yards & 1680 yards are the same Reward, as is 160 & 1760 and so on.
Not found a repeat point in the Diamond line but the range could start after the bird mascot as you would not get an avatar twice.

Last edited:

Ironrooster

Baronet
Why still include medals in the rewards of an event building?
The advanced cities do not care and you generate mismanagement to the beginner cities because for their good they must win the medals by betting on GB and not by collecting. A lot of newbie players don't understand it because you systematically mislead them.
"for their good" Really!!!! Everyone has to play the game the way you do????

I think not.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
Let me first be clear that I would never spend the 1,800 diamonds for the Event Pass on live. Simply not worth it.
Owl described it very well earlier:
Prizes on the first three pages are not worth spending extra diamonds (maybe someone wants a portrait of a parrot?). The rest are inaccessible to most players. And it are not needed by those who can get to them

But I did buy it here on beta, just because it's a testing server.
When you do you get an achievement.

Based on the wording "Unlock the bonus prizes alongside the Grand Prizes in an event!" it seems like it's a feature which will come back in other events as well. Otherwise they might just as well have stated Forge Bowl event instead of just an event.
1638559489075.png

The Babelus

Steward
"for their good" Really!!!! Everyone has to play the game the way you do????

I think not.
In what way are you playing, could you provide some details? In my city in live world, I earn maybe 5000 medals daily by average. On Beta I am in lover era and it is maybe 3000. Quite advanced both of them. How much would it take to earn 9 mio medals for all expansions??? :) If you need medals, it is for sure for expansions mainly and then you need Arc 80 and good 1.9 thread... And you can forget any event building and BG providing medals very rapidly...

Ironrooster

Baronet
In what way are you playing, could you provide some details? In my city in live world, I earn maybe 5000 medals daily by average. On Beta I am in lover era and it is maybe 3000. Quite advanced both of them. How much would it take to earn 9 mio medals for all expansions??? :) If you need medals, it is for sure for expansions mainly and then you need Arc 80 and good 1.9 thread... And you can forget any event building and BG providing medals very rapidly...
First, I feel there is no wrong way to play the game. If you're having fun, then your way is the right way for you.

I am not interested in power playing the game so I do not have any GBs from way beyond my age in any of my cities. I also do a solo guild on all my worlds except on Beta where I am in fairly relaxed guild. On the live worlds, one of my cities is advancing but does no fighting (except for the tutorial which I could not avoid or lose), one is camped in HMA accumulating WWs and FOYs, one is camped in IA without researching Military Tactics, and one is advancing with fighting and negotiating.

Vercingetorix

Merchant
Sorry for my poor english but i'm not fluent.

I'd like to comment about three things.

First, the "Bowl prizes" for 1.800 diamonds.
I buy it because it is a beta/testing world ind i like to test it.
In my other worlds certainly i will not pay 1.800 diamonds for this.

Second, the lack of forge points.
I have one advanced city and some little cities.

In the little cities, i have a lack of forge points and every building who give FP is wellcome.

In the advanced, i do not need forge points but i prefer a building who gives FP to one who not giving it and instead give Guild goods (actual age) or more medals/coins/etc.
For the guild actual age goods, i have the Arc, the Observatory and some Statues of Honor.

Third, the medals.
I my advanced city i don´t need any medal.

In the little cities i search desesperatly for medals but i think there are other ways to earn medals, instead the event buildings.
In that case i prefer more FP or goods and less medals.

This is only my personal opinion and sure there are other people who have opposite opinions, and i respect that.