• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2019 - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Every time I post you are hearing something from Inno.... just saying :)
I appreciate that ZD but the whole point is you are saying nothing substantive about the issue being raised here. Thank you for the "Happy New Year" and thank you for the diamonds and thank you for passing back our comments. The trouble is that there is nothing coming back regarding the issue raised. We have warned for several days of the likely outcome and now at almost the 11th hour, our predictions are coming true. In reality, I don't care that much about Beta because it is a test environment but believe me, if this event goes to the live servers in its current state you will have a very large number of seriously angry customers to deal with....just saying

DeletedUser5095

Not possible to do without diamonds.
Sacrificed all diamonds saved (4000+)
Ended up missing one level.

Not possible. A dissapointment. Hope getting the diamonds back.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I feel for those that were doing the event by not spending as much diamonds as possible in saying that the final daily prize (last hours) happens to be a Victory Tower Upgrade. I had spent the last remaining footballs and had only gotten one (not that I was shooting for such since I was shooting for other things like points, medals, and blue prints so I can get my city back to what it was before it was deleted for inactivity) out of the sortie.

Personally, I think any event needs to be worked on to satisfy the players (especially the supposed "lucky odds" bit since many players wind up with "dinky" prizes if they were shooting for other things like a good building or the daily prize of something good). Five years ago, before I was too busy with life that took me away from here, I had always thought Inno was the best because they had listened to their players where other developers do not give a damn about them but throwing events geared towards their spendiest of players. Now, I think they are all the same.

I am with other players in saying that a full Colossus won't be attainable by just playing freely. It was a big let down (thought I had read it someplace that amateur rank will also get an upgrade piece; but it might be my imagination) to let the players think they will at least have something without the need for spending; maybe Inno was thinking that the players will save the first 1k and then wait until the next 1k comes about that they can buy another TD round together for the 2k. Even so, it would probably be not good enough to gather all the upgrades possible.

Even though I spend (it's Christmas), I won't be playing (spending) other events in the future if this is not improved. Spending should be an incentive for wanting more than one, not a requirement to get at least one fully upgraded prize (or a full set).

DeletedUser9767

Mid-sized I'd say. That's no small amount of whaling but there's certainly much bigger ones in the sea.

It certainly was - the level 10 colossus is also flat-out better (slightly less space at 18 squares including half road vs 22.5 squares, and has the FP of the royal ship with attack higher than the pirate ship). They run events at a wide variety of price-points though. When the grand prize is something people are legit excited about being better than existing options it tends to be very expensive to get much extra.

I didn't see many whales running Sunken Treasures though. Mostly those appealed to low spenders that have to work for every inch and need some sort of production building to run their daily challenges. The shipyard cities don't tend to have any.

It still pretty much came down to a flat diamond cost per set you wanted (and for level 2 sets that was close to 20k at about 2k diamonds per kit) - and you weren't getting much else of value because those were the specials you were chasing and the other chest contents were just filler. Granted you could decide you didn't care about certain level 2s as well as overlap certain pieces and save some of those kits.

At better than a ship I'm sure we'll see some people break out the credit card. I'm not one of them, nor will I be diamond mining 35k for an extra colossus on any world. I however cannot deny that there are people in the game that will chase a building this good.

They target different events at different markets. This one may be for the biggest whales who have more dollars than sense. Another might come along with slightly worse prizes that will be of no interest to people with cities full of the best ones but that offers more/$ instead of more/space and smaller spenders might jump at that one instead.

DeletedUser9537

For me the biggest problem is that most of the ppl from my guild, including me, weren't able to finish all 10 lvls.

Same here, we all fell short by one level and our end numbers were near the same as the image I posted above.

If INNO leaves the numbers the same... Have they hired some extra Customer Service Staff to handle all the complaints? Because they have to know by now that more people who play for free complain about what they do not get than the people who drop a few hundred dollars or more do.

DeletedUser9537

Where are the numbers exactly coming from? The real source of the 10% and 90%?

From the Democratic Party in the US? Maybe the Washington Post or Reuters?

At no point in my replies did I even suggest I was using accurate mathematics. I was simply stating an "EXAMPLE" of what a system out of balance "MIGHT" resemble...

:D That is All :p

DeletedUser7454

I do not think this re balancing worked! I finished all the quests and collected every day yet I needed to buy diamonds for 1 more hit as I was just 1 step short of the finish. Made it only to the amateur league with 728 --- i needed 745+ to make bronze league. This never happened before as I always ended up in silver leagues if I finished all quests and collected all dailies. Now I am really disliking the statue as it has the scaffolds and looks unfinished :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9410

Spending should be an incentive for wanting more than one, not a requirement to get at least one fully upgraded prize (or a full set)

Agree 100%

Same here, we all fell short by one level and our end numbers were near the same as the image I posted above.

Mine are about the same, and i did everything the best i could,AND i spent diamonds.

Iv got so many Victory towers ( which i normally like ) i cant even place them all, and enough 5m rush kits to complete almost a normal days productions in 5 mins.

Am at a loss for words. Rum gone.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9537

If I was I wouldn't be able to

My "blah blah blah" is called rational thought, logic, and reasoning. Since you are either unable or unwilling to refute any of the myriad points I addressed in my previous post regarding your errors, I accept your tapout.

Depends on the "Type" of logic you engage in. Being an Electrical Engineer it would make sense that you think in straight lines. That is called Linear Logic (from a to b, to c, to d...) though after reading some of your arguments... :D one might think you engage in "fuzzy" logic.

Then there is "Spatial" Logic, which is what I use. In spatial logic, one looks at the entire picture and fills in or edits out needed or irrelevant data.

I skipped or ignored almost all of your points because they were irrelevant and did nothing to forward the discussion.

Which if you return to the very start amounted to "Why can't we have more than one Colossus?" "Even if we Paid for it?"

INNO doesn't want you to have more than one, at this time anyway. Because it throws off the Balance of the Game Metrics.

Why not even if you paid for it? Because it throws off the Balance of the Game Metrics.

Qap! mu'mey Qav!

Lang! Cho!

DeletedUser9537

Iv got so many Victory towers ( which i normally like ) i cant even place them all, and enough 5m rush kits to complete almost a normal days productions in 6 mins.

Am at a loss for words. View attachment 3707

It wouldn't be so bad if I got a ton of Victory Tower Upgrades... I like how the 2nd level ones look and would have liked upgrading more than one out of 20... Or the many Watchfires I already have...

DeletedUser9767

I wonder if the ppl who, after doing every single quests, couldn't finish the Colossus will get some help to finish it someway. A lots of ppl in my guild didn't finish it, including me, and we did all the quests. What else can we do now?

DeletedUser9506

Frankly, If they aren't going to give the amateurs at least one upgrade, I think Inno should make an event upgrade you can earn through the daily quests to level a building up one level. Wouldn't that solve the issue of buildings that you can NEVER complete any other way?

They could even make it a random reward from the settlements; like a rare reward that only pops up 25% of the time. I would be perfectly fine with something like that. It would take stress off those that have finished the event, but don't have the money to spend on diamonds at the time.

I am personally on a fixed budget at the moment because of medical bills. I couldn't buy any more diamonds right now, if I wanted to buy them. Aren't there other players in similar situations? How can you belittle or judge a player that can't spend money on the game for an event, when they have those types of responsibilities?

We also aren't talking about giving everyone two of these buildings either. We are talking about the players that went through every challenge, gave 800 diamonds or more, and still couldn't finish the building once. I think you missed the point there. Everyone that puts in the effort should be able to at least finish the building to max level once, if we are talking about being fair. There are plenty of players that didn't even bother participating in the event or participated very little. Those that did finish every quest should've been able to finish just like during the Christmas Event.

So, the biggest solutions would to give the amateurs an upgrade, make an event building upgrade reward for daily quests, or add in an event building upgrade reward to the settlements as a rare random reward. Or they could add an extra upgrade as a reward for the LAST quest you finish in the event. That would allow the players to completely finish the event with a maxed building. Or they could extend the event by a week and add some extra quests to allow for two extra touchdowns. Or the prices of the highest odd passes that are 104 to 105 points should be lowered to 100 points per roll. These are ALL doable options without ruining the integrity of the event. Those extra 4 or 5 points could add up over the course of the entire event to allow a few extra rolls, which might be the difference between getting a max building and not getting one.

No one is talking about getting a second building here. Just finishing ONE.

DeletedUser9768

It's useless to add an upgrade kit and give 1.000 diamonds to players if even after spending 1.100 diamonds and run out of balls again you still do not make to Bronze league after of course finishing ALL quests and login EVERY day... This is the worse event and the WORSE balance change I've ever seen!
Good way to start 2019 huh Inno?

DeletedUser9768

I did created an account on the beta forum just to express my rage against this event... I feel like it's useless playing the whole event if I need to pay in real money for the last upgrade on a beta server... On the main server I won't even bother keeping track of this event...

DeletedUser9506

One point x.x you're going to get kicked out again. I gave up this morning. I can't afford to pay money for more diamonds. ^.^; my doctor would object, >.> so would I, if I can't go see my doctor for my breathing problems. I'm pretty sure ~.~ I'd be in trouble without her. ^.^; severe asthma is the worst money eater.