• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge 12th Anniversary Event 2024

As often with Rival, the basic idea is good: to create a mini-game within the event. However, the developers probably haven't played much with it. Free 4 or 5 level 1 of one color often requires more than one board. How many boards does it take to make 2x18 keys? Completing all the quests requires how many boards? 20? 30? 50? The Energy cost is frankly outrageous! I spent 1600 Energy in just 12 quests!

quest 3 in each questline
unlock 4 level 1, unlock 5 level 2 and unlock 6 level 3
You are joking or it that the actual quest?

The first 2 quests in 3 questline require 5 level 1 and 4 level 2 form each colour.
That is already 27 specific level jems to unlock for a total of 6 quests.
A borad has only 32 locked gem total.

looks like a joke
View attachment 11002
(thanks to Eddy from Discord for that picture)
Just up to the 4th quest that is 49 specific level for each colour (14+15+13+7). Even if you are lucky and got the required locked gems in the right order that is a minimum of 4 and a half boards locked gems.

And that is just half the questilne.
Not counting the 4th questilne that start with unlock 20 wind gems (the 9 keys should be such an issue if you unlock 20 wind gems I expect you get more than 3 level 4 full keys to collect).

The problem with the requirement for 20 wind is that on avarage there are only 10 gems of each colur in one board. So even if you unlock everything that is 2 boards, probably 3. And I suppose the next quest is the same but now another colour.

I expect this reaval to require us to do 40+ boards in 3 calendar days (48 hours).

Last edited:

mawthecat

Farmer
As during last Event, on App (Ipad) the Rival Challenge is not working. Last Event it was not working at all, this Event the Rival is here, but it takes forever for him to show up after klicking on it. Then there are other issues that make play the Rival challenge almost impossible. Like it does not show the right amount of solved quests and so on.

wwwoodchuck

Merchant
Interesting Rival Quests. To me, it appears that whomever devised these quests, has never played the mini game. The Rival Quests are just a progression of how many of certain Gems to unlock or keys to collect. There is no strategic or reasonable way to complete them in normal game play. I have completed 4 Rival Quests. These 4 listed below are the ones open in my instance of the game. The next board will cost 160 Energy and I have completed all boards up to this point. I either have to wait until tomorrow, or spend Energy to open more boards.

I will not put the text from Baron Alaric Ironsoul as I find it extremely offensive and if it were directed at another member in this forum in a post, would likely get me banned, or at least a warning, for breaking the rules.

Rival: “Subdue the Rebellious Horde”

Free 20 locked Wind Gems

Gain 9 Wind Keys

Rival: “Uncover the Secrets”

Free 3 locked level one Water Gems

Free 4 locked level two Water Gems

Rival: “Overcome the Treacherous Trials”

Free 3 locked level one Wind Gems

Free 4 level two Wind Gems

Rival: “Break the Curse of the Lost Keep”

Free 4 locked level one Fire Gems

Free 5 locked level two Fire Gems

Free 6 locked level three Fire Gems

Good things I can say on this rival:
  • It doesn't matter when in the first or second day we do our board, as long as we do them after rival appears. The third day we must do them in the early morning. Appreciated.
  • The reward seems to be ok.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
*Need clarification*

Rival initial quest says, "Free 2 locked level one wind gems".

For this in my board, left with 2 level one wind gems which is locked, So did a free spawn and luckily got one wind gem level one in the first attempt itself and did the unlock for one wind gem. To the second locked wind gem, I wanted to try something different which is, using prismatic essence on the locked wind gem in the board and tried again by using a free spawn of one wind gem and removed the unlock. Surprisingly, after using "prismatic essence" converter unlocking doesn't count on the rival challenge quest. Quest says 1/2 instead of 2/2 to get complete. I know, it sounds very ugly and unnecessary move, but wanted to try it in this way. I don't know the reason for this behavior, though using essence converter and tried to unlock with level one wind gem on colorless gem (previously level one wind gem) which is locked.

So, my guess is state of the gem will be lost once using essence converter, quest doesn't worry about gem previous state(color).
I thought like, rival quest knows there will be two locked level one wind gems initially on the board and how it gets unlocked on the board no need to be bothered.

Beta567

Baronet
I think Inno is looking for more stupid ways for Rival.
Do you realize that when you are asking to pop up level one, two etc.. X times there could be NO any lvl 1, 2 or 3 on the board and next one can be the same because this is random thing and it will require to spend more in the end right? Of course you do that is the main goal here..

Last edited:

Titantropo

Farmer
I can't do any more rival quests, because I'm already up to date in the missions. But, unlike many, and don't say this is a stupid design. It's quite the opposite, if we think about it's objective: money, money, money. And anyone who says it's not, is not being honest. Period!

Tempestas

Squire
What is a "wind" gem? None of the gems look like wind. I see blue, green and orange. I'm guessing green, but its pitiful that when I hover over things it doesn't tell me what it is.

Sinitar

Regent
What is a "wind" gem? None of the gems look like wind. I see blue, green and orange. I'm guessing green, but its pitiful that when I hover over things it doesn't tell me what it is.
wind = green gem
water = blue gem
fire = red gem

from mine gems there's also white gem (neutral) that become any color after the fusion