• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Flickering, bouncing

DeletedUser8277

On both my live server (us) and beta the game is flickering either blue and black and 'bouncing' when I change tabs. This began yesterday.

On the us forum there have been multiple people bringing it up but I do not see a thread here for it yet, though it is happening here as well.

DeletedUser

This is actually not a bug.
We were having game freezing issues relating to players who had been in the game with multiple tabs open on their browser, and then actions becoming unresponsive. So now when you have multiple tabs open, each time you switch back to the game tab from another tab the entire screen is redrawn (this is the flickering) to make sure everything remains responsive.
As far as I know the entire thing is still being looked into for possible ways to improve it. I will let you know when I hear more about it.

DeletedUser7942

This is actually not a bug.
We were having game freezing issues relating to players who had been in the game with multiple tabs open on their browser, and then actions becoming unresponsive. So now when you have multiple tabs open, each time you switch back to the game tab from another tab the entire screen is redrawn (this is the flickering) to make sure everything remains responsive.
As far as I know the entire thing is still being looked into for possible ways to improve it. I will let you know when I hear more about it.
Not trying to be argumentative again, I thank you very much for taking such interest and testing the memory leak issue so here I go again. Isn't a bug considered a flaw in programming? Because if I switch to the tab from another tab the game shouldn't freeze up which sounds like a bug to me, hence a flaw in programming. This only just started happening to me after the last update I believe. I play a lot while also being on the forum often switching back and forth between the two when structuring posts to gather data, info, screenshots etc. Now I can't do this anymore because the game is frozen and it's just entirely too frustrating trying to help people when I have to constantly refresh the game. I even did a new windows installation on a new hard drive just to see and still had the problem. If it can be replicated from any system/hardware/software/browser it's an Inno problem that seems to only have come up recently. Worked great before, now broken. Thanks again.

Andi47

Overlord
Unfortunately the re-drawing does not entirely solve the freeze-issue.

Workaround when it freezes: resize the browser window (e.g. make it smaller and go back to full screen), then it should work again, no reload required.

DeletedUser7942

Unfortunately the re-drawing does not entirely solve the freeze-issue.

Workaround when it freezes: resize the browser window (e.g. make it smaller and go back to full screen), then it should work again, no reload required.
Was there some freezing issue before? I never had that problem until recently. Yes, resizing the window, pulling the tab out into its own window fixed it so thank you for that but still new to me.

Amy Steele

Regent
Isn't a bug considered a flaw in programming? Because if I switch to the tab from another tab the game shouldn't freeze up which sounds like a bug to me, hence a flaw in programming.

indeed the game should not freeze up but in this case the problem is in Chrome browser and not the game code itself. We are awaiting a fix from Chrome, and in the meanwhile the flashing screen when switching tabs is the workaround.

podkap1970

Emperor
i have no freezing and i play only in beta server,
but there is flickering, hard to explain, it just goes black for a nano second and its back

its a game client issue or a flashplayer issue, first i thought it could also a video driver issue, but i closed the beta server and i had no problems anymore
also not sure, if its happen when i change from Tab to another Tab (not game client)
i need to observe more, but it is annoying thats for sure, it happen around 30-40x each day i would say

DeletedUser

As we reverted the fix that caused this, it is technically fixed as well :)