• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Flashplayer causing browser to hang

DeletedUser5383

Reproduction Steps:
open browser
click on play button on log in page
click on Dunarsund button
Issue Description (10/10):
Browser hanging at about 70 % or it sometimes does load page but not city. In both cases it causes browser to become unresponsive. My other live worlds load as normal.

Player: grumpy dwarf
World: zz1
Operating System: Windows 7
Browser Version: Firefox/52.0,
Viewport Size: 1280x901

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes

DeletedUser8048

I am having the same problem .. have not been able to get into beta all day. yesterday was fine . Live servers are all fine. I also use a Firefox browser ( Ice Dragon), Windows 7

added comment .. I was able to play using Chrome, but I like using Ice Dragon much better

Last edited by a moderator:

podkap1970

Emperor
i had this problem when i updated my Flash Player to version 25.0.0.127
it did load around 70 %, than i got a Flash Player error, everytime
i did clear cache, did restart browser (Firefox 52.0 32bit), and i did restart my Computer, nothing helped,
the same did happen with my IE (11.0.38), after i did update him to newest Flash Player version

than i did download an old Flash Player Version (24.0.0.221), now its working again

RedRed

Viceroy
same with Firefox 52.0 64 bit and Flash Player Version (24.0.0.221) on Win 7 64 bit. Live worlds and other browsers (chrome, opera, maxthon) are fine.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5383

Thanks, I did download this and extracted the packages, but wasn't sure about the flashplayer24_0r0_221_ part.
I will get this again and give it a go :)

DeletedUser5383

Yaa! it's working again, many thanks. :)
The older version works a treat. About time Flashplayer was dumped, most browsers don't support it any more.

Last edited by a moderator:

podkap1970

Emperor
the question now is, why do 'some' players have trouble with Flash Player version 25.0.0.127, and some don't ?
and do we find a fix for it soon ?,
a newer Flash player version is always good for the other web-sites i visit (none game sites :) )

so Inno-Devs can you reproduce this ?
do you need more informations ?, but what kind hmm

DeletedUser8057

some game platforms dont update their system to run new versions of flashplayer so it causes the game platform to work improperly and crash my fire fox gives me the error message flash player has stopped working and when clicking the stop plug in it causes it to crash completley every time I had to download chrome just to use my beta account. but my main stream account works fine

DeletedUser7546

Player: borims Wench
World: zz1
WIN 25,0,0,127
Windows 7, MSIE 11.0

I also can't get in game on Beta today. Freezes at miscellaneous points. Have gotten as far as a partial city before freeze occurs. Did send in a ticket to support from Arvahall as have had no problems on the live servers. :(

DeletedUser7546

Thank you four4. Tried Chrome and was able to enter. (I am not a Chrome fan, but at least I can get my city picked up today.) Hopefully, whatever the issue it will be fixed so I can use IE (which I prefer). :D

DeletedUser5383

hello,
I was able to get in game only with chrome.
Probaby because Chrome stopped suporting Flashplayer last December.

Update your flash adobe
Whatever you do don't do that, it's the lastest version 25 thats causing the problem.
Look above for older version, and uninstall Flashplayer 25.0.0.127, and install 24.0.0.221, and don't forget to tick 'let me decide to install ' option.