• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fellowship Event 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
but why lv 1 building and upgrades and not selection kits anymore (both the Summerhold Manor and Heroes Tavern in after city chests) :rolleyes:

so players will end having too much lv 1 and don't need them or too much upgrades and no lv 1 for it
(not all but sure a few)
Tha chances for upgrade kits and level 1 buildings are different of course.
Sure, it can happen, that you get way more level 1 buildings or upgrade kits, but it equals out roughly.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Tha chances for upgrade kits and level 1 buildings are different of course.
Sure, it can happen, that you get way more level 1 buildings or upgrade kits, but it equals out roughly.
That doesn't help much when we're talking about a very low sample size of selections... It's not unlikely at all to get either 2+ lvl 1 buildings or no lvl 1 building at all with a sample size of around 10 selections.

Edit: 38% chance to get exactly 1
1687772928750.png

Last edited:

Astrid

Baronet
And just when I wanted to praise Inno for a very good event they partially ruined it with the latest update. First they removed goods and forge points from motivation, that means the buildings will be hard to get motivated and to get the plans you will need to mass self motivate if you can afford a mass motivation kit every day. The Smithy fragments got badly nerfed and remember, we can only get one of this building and only if we pay a lot of diamonds to get in the golden league. Since there's only one building we can add in the city, at least transform those kits into selection kits. The cartographer house from summer event is quite messy, but at least we can have multiple of those and it partly compensates the split into base, selection kit, golden selection kit. With the Smithy the way it is now, it's just not tempting enough to go for the gold league.

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
The Smithy balance will be off if you started needing a golden upgrade. One will make more full sets than you can apply the Golden upgrade to. It's funny how people will say no worries the next building will be better than cry about the present until they nerf it. Really annoying.

Deleted User - 57457

I'm not surprised over the changes. Golden levels were removed from chests during st. Patrick's day too. While the explanations appear to be honest, it's very unfavourable for the overal event. Particularly the removal of selection kits. They've been invented for a reason: to give choice. It was meant to tackle the problem that gets revived with their removal for either lvl1 or upgrade.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm not surprised over the changes. Golden levels were removed from chests during st. Patrick's day too. While the explanations appear to be honest, it's very unfavourable for the overal event. Particularly the removal of selection kits. They've been invented for a reason: to give choice. It was meant to tackle the problem that gets revived with their removal for either lvl1 or upgrade.
I'd figured since they didn't give us a way to make the golden kits (other than the smithy, which only makes golden kits proportional to the L9s it makes in the long run), that they'd leave it alone this time.

It kills a lot of the value of opening *any* chests beyond the free one if you're just going to get buildings you'll never get the golden upgrade for from them.

Deleted User - 57457

@xivarmy I saw it coming from miles and thought it was an oddity for them to deviate from it since St. Patrick's day. I'm not surprised but it definitely compromises the quality of this event. If they've made it that golden lvl-1 would make a golden upgrade, like st. Patrick's day it would've left opening all chests an option. Which is far less frustrating than removing it from the rewards pool due to it being luck dependent. Since this change was done due to feedback, @Juber could you forward this to the devs:
It's more frustrating to be required to play daily and complete 10/11 towns for a maxed out building, rather than the option to opening all chests strategically.

Astrid

Baronet
fragments are top in priority list

all my 1x1 deco producing fragments are motivated before many of the FP buildings

Just checked my city event history after I collected.

Ketebo Candies got motivated first, followed by: Archdruid Hut, Celtic Farm, Keymaster Workshops, Festive Canals, Ferris Wheels...

Cartographer Houses that produce only fragments on motivation are still not motivated. Ketebo Candies and Keymaster Workshops got motivated because they also produce forge points and goods on motivation, while Cartographer Houses do not.

So fragments are not a priority over forge points and goods in terms of motivation order, so what they did now with their latest update was to nerf pretty much anything in the event without touching the buildings stats(it would have been way too obvious I guess and players would have protested more).

The event mechanic is quite stressful for me to do on all my worlds, the event will start in the middle of summer vacations... guess I will make an effort to finish it on my main world for the main building but that's it... not worth going for the Smithy or 2 x Sunhaven Palace like I was considering right when it ended on beta.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Just checked my city event history after I collected.

Ketebo Candies got motivated first, followed by: Archdruid Hut, Celtic Farm, Keymaster Workshops, Festive Canals, Ferris Wheels...

Cartographer Houses that produce only fragments on motivation are still not motivated. Ketebo Candies and Keymaster Workshops got motivated because they also produce forge points and goods on motivation, while Cartographer Houses do not.

So fragments are not a priority over forge points and goods in terms of motivation order, so what they did now with their latest update was to nerf pretty much anything in the event without touching the buildings stats(it would have been way too obvious I guess and players would have protested more).

The event mechanic is quite stressful for me to do on all my worlds, the event will start in the middle of summer vacations... guess I will make an effort to finish it on my main world for the main building but that's it... not worth going for the Smithy or 2 x Sunhaven Palace like I was considering right when it ended on beta.
Motivation Priority is actually all weird right now. They manually stick buildings wherever they feel they belong in the queue.

Often buildings with fragments do have an unnaturally high position - nutcrackers are pretty high (and that's a good thing because the mass aid they make can motivate an awful lot of other things).

And sometimes buildings with no good reason to be high priority, are - i.e. Stage of Ages which only produces FP and goods on motivation has the priority of a 10 FP building when it only makes 4.

My cartographers do seem to have priority over my eagles on live (but not all of them).

It's actually impossible atm to determine what will be ahead of what in aid priority solely on what it makes anymore.

My main live city's list:

1) Ketebo Candy
2) Phantom Tower - why so high lol
3) Archdruid Hut
4) Non-Archdruid Hut
5) Trading Post lv 9
6) Festive Canal/Wonder Wheel/Shinto Temple (12 FP)
7) Cartographer's House/Nutcracker Guardhouse - intermingled so equal priority (i have built a new nutcracker recently)
8) Eagle Reserve (10 FP)
9) Yggdrassil (8 FP)
and continuing on down through old buildings using the old priority list.

My beta city's list:
1) Tarot Card Caravans
2) Ketebo Candy
3) Phantom Tower of Conjuction
4) Sunhaven Palace
5) Archdruid
6) Trading Post Lv 9
7) Bear Mountain/Abandoned Asylum (11 FP)/PY-R8 (intermingled)
8) Key Master's Workshop Lv 1
9) Tree Of Patience
10) Eagle Reserve (10FP)/Stage of Ages/Golden Crops (intermingled)
11) and normal stuff carrying down - interestingly the Panda Shrine *does* appear to follow the old rules and shows up after Governor's Villa for things that do not make FP when motivated.

At any rate, point is they tweak where they want things now quite liberally. I somehow doubt anyone wants their PY-R8 motivated over a 10FP building. Particularly since there can be a lot of them, and yet there it is. Note that it's possible some adjacent lines are "tied" in priority and may appear in the other order in some cities.

Kronan

Regent
I'm so glad you guys brought this up about motivation priority and rank ordering of where that's going (or lack of it). It's downright scary. Thank you (seriously),
I was wondering how to deal with this, and have started removing things I've won in this event (on live) because they're "HOGGING" all the P/M I'm getting at the expense of other important buildings!!)
Before a collection now, I have to hand polish with SELF AID kits, or MASS self aid kit the entire city.

This isn't a good strategy. I cannot make MASS self aid kits fast enough to sustain this.

The ONLY thing I have that makes MASS self aid kits right now are NUTCRACKER GUARDHOUSES (via fragments). I do win them sometimes, but what else adds to the fragment count for MASS SELF aid kits (other than NG)?

I would suggest Inno thoroughly review. Just because we motivate other people, doesn't mean they motivate back. I do my hood, but get a fraction of return value. It's not sustaining.

How about Inno building a combined (MOTIVATE/POLISH ALL and COLLECT ALL function).... for a few more diamonds?

In lieu of (or in addition to...) that, please get this re-balanced by:

1) Manage what buildings get the first priority - as a review
2) De-emphasizing requirement on some buildings (as you've just done)

3) Add more event buildings rewards that make MASS SELF AID fragments to help let people fix their self-sufficiency issue.

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
I have collected from the Smithy over 20 times and no golden and yall applaud it being reduced. The only people who want that, are the ones that didn't get it. It's not spitting out golden upgrades and when it does it's going to be lackluster now. I would not have kept pace for this end-event reward. It's not to standard for the top 1%. Leave it as is!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I have collected from the Smithy over 20 times and no golden and yall applaud it being reduced. The only people who want that, are the ones that didn't get it. It's not spitting out golden upgrades and when it does it's going to be lackluster now. I would not have kept pace for this end-event reward. It's not to standard for the top 1%. Leave it as is!
I don't know that I'd say I applaud it, but i do understand it.

I also (still) intend to go for the smithy on at least one world on live unless the pacing seems impossible (willing to spend diamonds - but amount of time i'm willing to dedicate to st fellowship is the struggle).

Even at 20 fragments it's still equivalent to 7 cartographers or key master workshops.

The gold being unreliable in the short term is definitely going to be a thing yes - it was going to be anyways, just the short-term would be shorter. If reliability is the concern, a better solution would just to adjust the ratio to be fixed and have every collection provide 2 golden fragments and 18 selection fragments - but I somehow think they like the RNG-screwed aspect ;)

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
I don't know that I'd say I applaud it, but i do understand it.

I also (still) intend to go for the smithy on at least one world on live unless the pacing seems impossible (willing to spend diamonds - but amount of time i'm willing to dedicate to st fellowship is the struggle).

Even at 20 fragments it's still equivalent to 7 cartographers or key master workshops.

The gold being unreliable in the short term is definitely going to be a thing yes - it was going to be anyways, just the short-term would be shorter. If reliability is the concern, a better solution would just to adjust the ratio to be fixed and have every collection provide 2 golden fragments and 18 selection fragments - but I somehow think they like the RNG-screwed aspect ;)
I'm a different type of player.... I'm the player they target with the money grabs and I don't approve. Simple as that. If I spend, I want the best. Not lackluster and that's what this is. Im just keeping it real.

CrashBoom

Legend
changes are there

can someone check what BP the Jester's Stage now gives ?
still opening them directly or as inventory item to open them later

Status
Not open for further replies.