• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fellowship Event 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nansoon

Farmer
I have already put 1 city on live server on hold ’cause disappointed about various changes and behaviour of devs (almost a year with rebalanced GBG before deciding it was maybe not the best option,…)
Now this “rebalancing” (=copy-paste of St Patrick event) in the middle of city process for many of us. I really wonder if I will hold on, or completely give up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sureshot

Farmer
As so many have commented (and will no doubt be ignored) this "rebalancing" is ridiculous. Previously, the a town could be completed in under one day, making it easy to establish a schedule. Now its back to being a clone of St. Patricks, probably the most reviled yearly event in the year and most brutally time consuming. Very bad for RL. You've killed my interest in this event. While I'll probably finish it here, I'll be skipping it on main, the only event I'll have skipped since starting over 4 years ago

jovada

Regent
What "amuses me" is that the designers manage to interpret invisible comments (no one had asked for a copy of St Patrick) in 1 day but never see the redundant comments that have been coming up regularly on the forum for years !

It is to wonder if the designers do not play with us by frustrating us voluntarily and daily!
Oh it's easy for designers to interpret, they see positive comments so it must be to easy and they have to ruine it again.

A few things...
1. I like the SPD mechanism married to the fellowship event. It makes it more interesting than just moving pieces across the board which was only vaguely entertaining;
2. My initial reaction was that this was a great new challenge if you had done SPD because one needs to develop a whole new approach to be successful and that new people would not be able to use past tips. Using the managers to balance production instead of production levels made it new.
3. The timing of the rebalance was tragic. I went to bed with 8 hours left to the next town and woke up with 53 more hours. Lesson: don't rebalance to respond to complaints that the challenge has changed. I will need 1k more points to compensate thank you.
4. My approach to the game is almost the exact opposite of SPD: use managers to optimize production; do more towns as quickly as possible; skip tasks that require more coins and maintain only enough production to reach the 8Q goal and next town.
5. Well done Team but for the awful rebalancing. Level 4 managers are now slower than Level 1 managers

Last edited:

GKCollect

Farmer
From today, when you press the selection of time skip, i does not calculate correct.
And everything changed (movement, timing etc) and became the same with St Patricks event.

Last edited:

CDmark

Baronet
Why waste the time with spices, juices, etc... just go back to hats, flowers, etc. since it is the same.

Minigal

Farmer
I detest the St. Pats game, every year. But I was really enjoying the Fellowship event, even though it was like the St. Pats, it was also different, and with a different strategy. Now with this "rebalancing", it's just now a boring copy/paste. Not sure if I'll continue with this event.

FMaxi

Merchant
Why waste the time with spices, juices, etc... just go back to hats, flowers, etc. since it is the same.
Actually, in the middle of a city, it's worse... Upgraded the managers to lvl4 but they downgraded the speed, too.

CDmark

Baronet
Actually, in the middle of a city, it's worse... Upgraded the managers to lvl4 but they downgraded the speed, too.
Oh I know, I am in that same carriage as others, ready L200 C/B to get me 8.4Q. Now, I have to think again to fix todays mess. PLus, the live summer event started, good thing speed isn't important there.

Proven Legend

Merchant
Come on Inno give us some feedback on why this change was implemented. Reasons for doing something should always be put forward. It helps in understanding the purpose and the motivation behind the action.

Kronan

Viceroy
Talk about changing horses in mid-stream. Wow. Shell shock to be in slow motion on the board.

I'm really not sure at all that the LIVE community is going to embrace doing St. Patty's day again, 4 months after they just did it.

I am also not sure why the original version wasn't "fixable" to the new "refreshingly fast" specs we started at.

Like many here, I woke up to 200/200 and it's running like a tortoise, not a rabbit.

Pass Go

Squire
What "amuses me" is that the designers manage to interpret invisible comments (no one had asked for a copy of St Patrick) in 1 day but never see the redundant comments that have been coming up regularly on the forum for years !

It is to wonder if the designers do not play with us by frustrating us voluntarily and daily!
My theory is that the developers have an internal contest going to see who can come up with a change that annoys players the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.