• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Virtual Future - Part 1

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser5097

@drakenridder I actually don't have a high level kraken, only lvl 31 or so. But either way, I don't use it in GE - I prefer to find a way to defeat an army without it. When guildies ask me for advice, I can't tell them use kraken and hope for the best ;)
Mine isn't even lvl 10.xd Personaly I'm also looking for sollution without
Kraken.:p Glad you made it this time. I'm sorry I don't have xp in GE VF
lvl 4 only OF lvl 4. GE AF lvl 4 is too long ago for me now.

SirSmithy

Squire
Can someone tell me the reason behind the VF style of Unhappy Birthday quest?! Why do I have to click twice to pay the coins and supplies?
Until OF I could pay both of them with one single click. I could even recognize this quest with the green check-mark.

Can you please make it the same for VF like it is for all other eras?

(If someone is in VF here in Beta, can please open a bug for this with a screenshot?)

Thanks, regards, Smtihy

SirSmithy

Squire
Can someone tell me the reason behind the VF style of Unhappy Birthday quest?! Why do I have to click twice to pay the coins and supplies?
Until OF I could pay both of them with one single click. I could even recognize this quest with the green check-mark.

Can you please make it the same for VF like it is for all other eras?

(If someone is in VF here in Beta, can please open a bug for this with a screenshot?)

Thanks, regards, Smtihy

Any answer on this?!

qaccy

Emperor
I'll ask the devs on Monday :)

While you're there, did you ever find out about unit speed/initiative being made visible in-game? I finally sat down and put together a list compiling all of these values on the US forums, but that's still a far cry from actually being able to see it in-game! What would be a good avenue to go down to try getting this implemented (or at least an explanation why it isn/t)? I realize the devs are probably quite busy, but at this point they're playing with numbers that're visible only to them and I'm wondering if they've forgotten that players don't actually have this information available to them.

Lionhead

Baronet
Not really sure if this is the right place for the following, as I´m uncertain if it´s tied to VF-release.. however:

Either there´s a number-bug or a display-bug on the maintenance indicator in the AF-Hub.

http://prntscr.com/kerfoj

This is in no way the correct display of 72% health of my Sub.

Furthermore, when the Scavenger brings me something back, it´s only dispalyed what he brings back, not the amount. Don´t know if it´s all the options, but I noticed it for Diamonds yesterday and for Medals just a few minutes ago. I have no screenshot to support this right now, though.
But perhaps others can confirm this?

qaccy

Emperor
@Zarok Dai Darn. :( Oh well, at least now I know and can stop being a nag about it lol

@Lionhead That's just how the displays for the harbors work. I'm probably not going to do a good job at all at explaining it, but basically just think of a full green gauge as meaning there's no penalty. It makes more sense for the time and the promethium/orichalcum values, since those don't have a decay rate like health does and above 90% health will always display a full green gauge prior to crew selections. And penalties or bonuses to those values will be reflected in proportional red or light green sections, the same as health. It's just that again, since health typically drains after every voyage, the new 'max' value becomes whatever the current health is and the proportional red/light green sections are based around that rather than 100% health. This is probably way wordier than it needed to be, but like I said my hopes weren't very high on being able to do a good job with it lol

SirSmithy

Squire
I'll ask the devs on Monday :)

Thanks @Zarok Dai! :)

One more question! Is there a way beside the live server mods to report translation issues?

An I mean real translation issues... for example:
Golden Rice got translated to Hungarian as "Golden Tablet" o_O, Data Crystals to "Brand new Crystal", Cryptocash to "Mystery", Teasilk to "Medusa colony", Nanite to "Nanopipes" (which can be fairly close).

We reported it already, but no one cares there...

Suggestion: Make possible, to report translation issues. Perhaps we the players know better the context, so we could suggest a matching translation.

Thanks, cheers

Sinitar

Regent
What did you use on #59 and #61?
I defeated them but with heavy losses.
#59 (8 ninja / 6 bots 1 medusa 1 turtle) - i used 1 sub 1 bot, which didnt work well, the sub just got killed early, so i was basically fighting with 7 units. Lost 5 troops total. Maybe 1 bot only would work better.
#61 (4 samurai 2 eels 2 gliders / 4 samurai 4 bots) - i used 1 turtle 1 bot....didn't work well either... lost 6.
Both without Kraken.

#61 1° http://prntscr.com/karehs and 2° http://prntscr.com/karg93 boost 256 att / 106 dif

SirSmithy

Squire
You can report them here if you need to. I will pass them along.

Thanks @Zarok Dai!

Here is my report then.

The Virtual future goods are incorrectly translated to Hungarian. In the 2nd column in the brakets you see the 1:1 translation of the current translation.

English name -> Current Translation -> Suggested Translation
Cryptocash -> Rejtély (Mystery) -> "Kriptovaluta"
Data Crystals -> Újabb kirstály (Brand new crytsal) -> "Adatkristaly" (this can be only seen in the inventory view)
Golden Rice -> Aranytálca (Golden tray) -> "Arany rizs"
Nanites -> Nanócsö (nano pipes) -> "Nanit" (this can be seen in the inventory view)
Tea Silk -> Medúzatelep (Medusa colony) -> "Tea selyem"

Somehow the goods names are not everywhere the same. As you can see in the comment, 2 goods have correct name, but only in the inventory.

Many thanks for passing this along.

Regards

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Teasilk to "Medusa colony",
That's interesting... in Polish we also had incorrectly translated "teasilk" as "medusa's siloses", whatever that should mean... It's been taken care of, nevertheless I'm so curious WHY did it happen? Is it that translations are implemented on national servers without being consulted with national teams...? :D And... google translator... really...? :D :D :D You're seem to be more and more overwhelmingly understaffed... can I join? :D I would be a GREAT dev, since they don't have to do math... :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You're seem to be more and more overwhelmingly understaffed... can I join? :D

We are not understaffed to my knowledge, but you are always welcome to look at the available positions we have on the main InnoGames website.

I would be a GREAT dev, since they don't have to do math... :D

Oh trust me, they do more math than you could imagine :)

qaccy

Emperor
I can see Ronins being nerfed in the near future. It could be due to missing the VF artillery unit, but currently these things seem pretty unstoppable. I always wondered what it would be like to give a unit high defense AND Force Field, and now I have my answer. While it's nice being back to just hitting the auto battle button in pretty much every GE encounter up to level 4, I can't help but feel like it's currently a bit too easy to win with them.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
I can see Ronins being nerfed in the near future. It could be due to missing the VF artillery unit, but currently these things seem pretty unstoppable. I always wondered what it would be like to give a unit high defense AND Force Field, and now I have my answer. While it's nice being back to just hitting the auto battle button in pretty much every GE encounter up to level 4, I can't help but feel like it's currently a bit too easy to win with them.
True, but let's wait for the other VF units before considering the need of nerfing the Ronin.

DeletedUser7779

We are not understaffed to my knowledge, but you are always welcome to look at the available positions we have on the main InnoGames website.

Oh trust me, they do more math than you could imagine :)
Looks like they're doing it all wrong recently :p

On another note, I appreciate it that you rebalanced the Sundial Spire and Marble gateway (giving 1% more defense and and attack respectively), but you nerfed the maypole from 15% to 14%. It's not a big deal that I wasted a one-up kit to upgrade it to VF, but the devs overlooking the numbers is happening way too often recently.
Like @Manda the first mentioned in another thread, I also can't trust Inno anymore... which is really sad.

I guess it would take some time to adjust it programmatically, but instead of adding/calculating the numbers manually every time a new building or era comes out, why don't the devs just link a formula to every building?? That way such dumb mistakes like the TA nerf won't happen again.
Just like they adjusted the aid priority - previously they had to add each new building to the priority aid list manually. And they used to forget that quite often. Recently they (finally) linked it up with a formula so that the buildings (regardless if new or old and regardless of their name) are aided by the fps they provide in decreasing order.
I'd be happy to help with the math if the devs can't do it :D

qaccy

Emperor
@Logain Sedai It'll have to be a pretty darn good artillery unit to nullify all that defense+Force Field. Even the Medusa sometimes requires 3 shots to bring one down. What do you propose that it'll look like that it will be able to keep Ronins in check without also being incredibly imbalanced itself? Because anything that can easily kill a Ronin is going to be a significant threat to everything else as well.

Recently they (finally) linked it up with a formula so that the buildings (regardless if new or old and regardless of their name) are aided by the fps they provide in decreasing order.

It's not just FP, for the record. Goods, medals, even guild power and BP productions are all prioritized.