• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback The Virgo Project / Stargazer

DeletedUser9982

I totally agree with the above statement, and like @GrimBeeper , I hope that new space ages will require a new mechanic which does not involves FP.
So for both new GB, I would be very much against then producing FPs.[/QUOTE

That will kill the game
Theres a lot of players that their style of playing depends on Arc and FPs, just like me
Why cant for you, one of these GBs produce FPs?

Come on, lets ask for more Forge Points!!

Logain Sedai

Baronet

Because there are already many ways to get a lot of FPs and it would be good in my opinion to add another purpose to the game than gaining FPs.

DeletedUser9982

Because there are already many ways to get a lot of FPs and it would be good in my opinion to add another purpose to the game than gaining FPs.
Through those dumb event buildings that keep giving daily, the same amount of FP??
I dont like those, i prefer something like Canaveral Cape, level 100, 100FPs and only a 5x4 building

But, not enough!
I respect your opinion, but i dont jave to agree with it
That being said..

Fix one of these GBs with Forge Points! :)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
There tends to be two camps...

One that cares about nothing but getting their GBs higher and higher and will always lobby for new FP sources.

The other that tends to want to play the game for something other than seeing who can get the biggest GB (be it GvG, a pretty city, neighborhood PvP, helping their guild, or just progression). Camp 2 before they're well developed tends to agree with camp 1 in getting more FP resources because they want higher GBs to do other things. But at some point, they have enough to do everything they want to do - and there's more than enough FP buildings right now to reach that point. At the same time there's also more than enough everything else available to them too, which is surely part of why inno created hard blocks in promethium/orichalcum - trouble being this wasn't something that could be 'worked on' really with anything in your city so it was more irritation than a new challenge.

Mars Ore appears to be their new crack at it - from what I've heard though that's best just sped up with diamonds as is. It'll be a while til I try it as I don't think I'm advancing my main world when mars goes live (as I want to continue producing some GvG-relevant good with my GBs) so i'll need a couple months to progress a neglected alt-world to the end of VF.

Other things I think they could use to do:
- Add in real GvG maps for AF+ and revamp GvG to be appropriately challenging for people with fields of GBs - we "know" GvG changes are coming, but I have my doubts they'll be on the scale needed
- Revamp guild level benefits and guild power from GvG and GE. Currently the most efficient way to level a guild is through high level hall of fames - which is fine atm since guild level rewards are a bad joke, but guild activities rather than collections should be the main way to build a guild. It used to be a big deal when your guild hit a new FP from level but we get so many these days from other sources that it's terribly inefficient to worry about how many FP your guild provides. Which removes a lot of the incentive to actually work on building up a guild. Some of the other guild level benefits are actually fairly unique - but also incredibly niche - there's maybe 2 people in an entire guild that care about how much their barracks are sped up by.
- Give incentive to hood PvP - Early in the game plundering your neighbors was a huge benefit. That benefit has barely increased over time though, while our own city's outputs have massively increased - that is to say it's still mostly a few hundred goods a day and now maybe 20-30 FP a day. Originally over doubling your city's output to raid the entire hood, now it's lucky if it increases your production by 10% for a large amount of effort. Tower competitions need to be reimagined - tiny pittances of medals have no value in the game to most. They're also primarily won by people doing large amounts of GvG and ignoring the hood - it's more than just the rewards that need to change about them.
- Add an *unlimited* goods sink in (other than GvG - which we need that back too, but to appeal to a wider audience at this point we probably need something more than that as very few people still GvG). No matter how many flat sinks for goods you add, there'll be those who make *way more* than are 'needed'. This is a big part of what leads to the 'only care about FP' model. Perhaps it could be a new feature of events that you can buy event currency with progressively more goods. i.e. in the past Archaeology event what if you could buy 50 scrolls for a starting price of 100 goods (ideally of various ages up to and including your current). Then buy 50 more for 150. and 50 more for 225. and 50 more for 335. and 50 more for 500. With no hard cap as to how many times you could buy it, just continually getting more expensive. This sort of thing could help suck excess goods out of the system and restore the needed pressures to make them more appealing as a commodity.

DeletedUser9918

A mixture of some of the above suggestions stand out to me.

Stargazer - as we have a oversupply of attacking GBs, make this a defensive GB which has a percentage chance (x times a day) to prevent attacks to give the Hoodies a chance to counter strong attackers. Heck some of my recent neighborhoods are so imbalanced that a singe VF troop of mine can defeat some of them now. This change makes sense since its a giant telescope so they can see the attack coming and set up counter defense in response to repel the attack. The current skill is fine (previous era goods) in general but review the output per level. This turns this GB into one that non fighting players will defiantly want as it has defense and goods. Also it has two skills that are new and different to anything we had before.

Virgo - change the damage it does so its based on Hp of the troops, this will allow you to increase the percentage and chance options for the GB as its not as overpowering and is more useful to attacking in general (Hoodies, GvG, GE, etc). The current setup is too powerful for the hood and the chances per day is horrible (5 chances at level 60). While not a fan of gold as the 2nd skill its not a make or break for me compared to the primary skill which has a very poor chance/activation rate. If you go the fp route, which is a popular suggestion, a similar rate to inno or cdm would be a better balance compared to Cape, AO or Karken.

qaccy

Emperor
DO NOT AGREE ATE ALL!
Forge Points are the most important thing in the game
Just like the Arc is he most important GB

Like i said, MOST PLAYERS WANT FPs for one of these GBs, you are a small minority that doesnt want FPs on those GBs.. Maybe you prefer GVG and other things than level your GBs higher and higher everyday

As I've said in another post, FP is indeed the most important resource in the game since it's crucial to unlocking research and advancing through the ages, which is the core goal of the game as advertised by Inno. Of course, players are free to set their own goals to go along with or even with disregard to Inno's designs. That being said, in order for me to have fun with a game it has to be interesting in some way. Right now it's beginning to feel very much like an automatic routine, and it doesn't really excite me. Perhaps I'm crazy though for expecting a game of this genre to be 'exciting' at all, but before GBs and event buildings took over the game it certainly felt like there was a lot more strategy involved. Now, battles are fought without ever looking at the battlefield using a limitless supply of unstoppable units; goods boosts and their buildings are nearly irrelevant; and FP generation since the addition of the Arc is now so far above what was possible before it that the bar has become more of an annoyance than an asset due to it capping collections if it goes above a certain amount.

All of the above grievances I have are thankfully not a problem at all in Elvenar (another game created by Inno), and it's getting a larger and larger portion of the time I used to spend on FoE as a result.

Alex M

Farmer
You can also do something that still do not give the current GE, such as increasing in a% the boxes of movement, or the quality of hiding at random to a unit, collateral damage (as torturretas), something that gives a tactical variety to that have the GE.

Feanor II

Baronet
There tends to be two camps...

One that cares about nothing but getting their GBs higher and higher and will always lobby for new FP sources.

The other that tends to want to play the game for something other than seeing who can get the biggest GB (be it GvG, a pretty city, neighborhood PvP, helping their guild, or just progression). Camp 2 before they're well developed tends to agree with camp 1 in getting more FP resources because they want higher GBs to do other things. But at some point, they have enough to do everything they want to do - and there's more than enough FP buildings right now to reach that point. At the same time there's also more than enough everything else available to them too, which is surely part of why inno created hard blocks in promethium/orichalcum - trouble being this wasn't something that could be 'worked on' really with anything in your city so it was more irritation than a new challenge.

I disagree with this sort of bifurcation; it's a dramatic over-simplification and frankly disingenuous. Going by your description virtually everyone belongs in "Camp 2". Let me break down the points cited and show why separating out FP production from the cited examples is a problem:

1. "GvG"- The most important aspect of GvG (other than being around at calc) is leveling your Traz and AO to high levels. Ideally, Zeus/CoA/CdM as well. That means leveling GBs, and that means FPs, so GvG players would largely be in "Camp 1"
2. "A pretty city"-Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but as a general rule aesthetics and FP production are not mutually exclusive. The Cherry Sets are an excellent example.
3. "Neighborhood PvP"- Getting through defenses requires high attack, and the best way to get that is to level your attack GBs.
4. "Helping their guild"- You mean by leveling the Arc to increase treasury donations? That's takes FPs. Being active in GvG to move up in rank and earn more crowns? See bullet-point #1. Completing 64/48 in GE? If you're fighting through level 4, guess what you need-high attack. How to get it? I think you know where I'm going with this.
5. "Progression"- IDK what you mean by this, other than progressing on the tech tree. Guess what that takes?

The bottom line is that FPs play essentially the same role in FoE that currency does in a market economy. Trying to separate the two from each other just doesn't work.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I disagree with this sort of bifurcation; it's a dramatic over-simplification and frankly disingenuous. Going by your description virtually everyone belongs in "Camp 2". Let me break down the points cited and show why separating out FP production from the cited examples is a problem:

1. "GvG"- The most important aspect of GvG (other than being around at calc) is leveling your Traz and AO to high levels. Ideally, Zeus/CoA/CdM as well. That means leveling GBs, and that means FPs, so GvG players would largely be in "Camp 1"
2. "A pretty city"-Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but as a general rule aesthetics and FP production are not mutually exclusive. The Cherry Sets are an excellent example.
3. "Neighborhood PvP"- Getting through defenses requires high attack, and the best way to get that is to level your attack GBs.
4. "Helping their guild"- You mean by leveling the Arc to increase treasury donations? That's takes FPs. Being active in GvG to move up in rank and earn more crowns? See bullet-point #1. Completing 64/48 in GE? If you're fighting through level 4, guess what you need-high attack. How to get it? I think you know where I'm going with this.
5. "Progression"- IDK what you mean by this, other than progressing on the tech tree. Guess what that takes?

The bottom line is that FPs play essentially the same role in FoE that currency does in a market economy. Trying to separate the two from each other just doesn't work.

I have in the past been a GvG player... I certainly am by no means in camp 1 - because more traz levels won't improve what I can do in GvG, I already don't run out of troops. If anything what I need is more GvG-aged goods and even that is a stretch - mostly I need more patience or reliable other players to make GvG feel less like a (largely automated) chore. The most fun I used to have with GvG was when it was *hard* and taking out a loaded sector felt like an accomplishment. It's hard for hitting auto hundreds of times without even looking at a battle map to feel like an accomplishment.

I would be a hood PvP player, but it hardly feels worth it anymore - what i can win from it is insignificant compared to spending the same time running quests for instance. There's been the occasional GB to improve that aspect - but atlantis isn't really enough without better targets to plunder. All the big event prizes being motivated crap is a big issue.

By helping their guild I mean any number of things that can work towards building a fun inclusive place that people want to be involved in. It could involve help with tangibles (yes including FP, but also goods, guild power, treasury goods, support pool (if it really mattered)), but it could also just involve being one of those people that drag others into actually talking rather than running silent :)

By progression, yes I mean tech tree (or story, which twins with tech tree). You know what that doesn't involve mostly? Building GBs that will return the FP you spend to level them a year later. In fact those buildings are a trap towards progression for the most part - the tech tree does not require hundreds of FP a day to keep up on. So many players find themself sitting in a lower age for eons because 'they're not ready' to progress while the people whose cities they're trying to emulate at the top passed through the age they're sitting in in less than a month for sure. And largely the shiny new GBs being built are being built because 'what the hell else am i going to do?' and certainly not because 'they're a new must-have for HMA players everywhere'.

Reasons progression stopped being a carrot for me:
1) no new GvG maps - the age-locking nature of GvG was able to encourage you to care about the new age's units even if they weren't any good
2) continent became a trivial auto-fest mixed with scouting time-sink rather than puzzles to figure out once my buildings went hyper
3) new units were frequently just more things to kill with hover tanks which really killed the idea that we were actually progressing
4) too much FP made getting everything the day it comes out easy absent an irritating artificial block like prom/ori - since it's something I can just save up for and do whenever I want, why should I start working towards it now?

---

Point is the game currently lacks things for me to feel I should try to accomplish - a level 180 arc is not something interesting to accomplish for me and if that's all there is ever going to be, I may as well just quit now. GBs are a tool towards accomplishing things I feel are worthwhile. I need new challenges, and then I'll care about new GBs that can help me meet them. In the arc they gave us too much power at once and it removed much of the motive to seek new power. They've followed it up with increasingly frequent events with increasingly powerful prizes and it's not hard to hit 200 FP a day even without GBs now - and there's no challenge in the game that requires that much FP other than raising GBs higher just for the sake of raising them higher.

I would like to have a second bonus that reduces the scout time on continental maps... But I still feel that Virgo Project is completely useless. I know some people think it's over powered and I also think that this bonus should not exist at all for those who attacks their neighbors on daily basis.. But I don't care that much about PvP therefore it's useless to me and also the amount of fp you need to invest for so few chances is just not worth it.. So maybe give it something like
1st bonus: chance to infiltrate army
2nd bonus: Reduce the scout time on maps.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
Yes the time for Forge Points is gone tis time to bring out the Empire Points. We'll call it the Age of Empire--- oh wait no.

Sorry if I got misunderstood here. Of course I don't mean that we don't need FPs anymore. They are and should stay an important part of the game and yes, trying to get as many as possible is a necessity of the game. What I meant is that, in addition to this, I would like another mechanic to the game, to change a little bit the way we play. @xivarmy has really well explain what I am trying to say ;):). I have been playing FOE for a long time, and I would love the challenge of having to do something new to progress.

my thoughts:

- change virgo project's power into decreasing hitpoints (up to a max of 7 per unit, with random variation), e.g. for 5 times on level 10 and 15 times on level 50
=> this still gives defense the potential to blow away the entire attacking force
=> power is random; you could remove 1 hp of 1 unit if you're unlucky, or 7 of all units if you're very lucky; higher level = more chances and more hp potentially blown away
=> maybe also add the potential of friendly-fire (depending on the impact location of the rocket), depending on where the units are standing on the battlefield

- add fp bonus to stargazer, increase the amount of goods given, or replace it with a production % increase of goods buildings
=> why not adding fp bonus to the virgo project you may think? well, the above proposal is already interesting enough for a gg, let's not make it too important to have. plus, this gives an incentive to build the stargazer as well
=> boosting goods buildings production is more useful for lower ages instead of getting goods of previous age

DeletedUser5097

Why should a player from lower age be able to destroy half an army?
Make the virgo condition of building 500 mars ore :)
Suck it up lol
In thace case they might buy it with diamonds :p but strongly agreed or prom/or without the option
to buy it with diamonds.xd