• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Reconstruction Mode

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8859

if a military building is stored, it takes into account the alca?

The city remains operational in the background while the reconstruction mode is working. Timers will still be running, therefore if the Alcatraz time to collect is due it will consider the barracks still at the city (background) since the changes in the reconstruction mode are not yet saved.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The city remains operational in the background while the reconstruction mode is working. Timers will still be running, therefore if the Alcatraz time to collect is due it will consider the barracks still at the city (background) since the changes in the reconstruction mode are not yet saved.
actually Alca doesn't consider anything in reconstruction mode because Alca decides which units it produce when you collect and not when the timer reaches zero

and when you collect all changes are saved or discarded

The construct mode is a nice thing. What bothers me:
1. Why are residential buildings, storehouses and military barracks thrown into a tab? Can not just the previous split remain that way? That makes it difficult to search for specific buildings.
2. I wish in this mode a switch in which I can delete superfluous buildings. I was done with the conversion, but I still had roads and bad buildings in the left side that I should place. In the end I had to stop because I had no real place for it.

shad2389

Viceroy
Played around with it in the OF. Very nice so far.
Two things to please consider might be of value:

Players want to use the buildings stored in the inventory while reconstructing city. Could be achieved by temporarily adding them to the city with a different color overlay.
Players want to discard buildings they did not use while reconstructing. Adding a 'delete buildings from scrap list' button with a confirmation checkbox could do.
+1 just tryed it and it's exact thaught i had while using it

DeletedUser8910

went to "reconstruct" - the game glitched and went back to the way it was before I started - now have to start over - frustrating

DeletedUser7084

Ok thats 4 times i've tried to re-arrange my city and 4 times i've had an internal error literally 2 minutes away from finishing and saving. This needs some work before its released on the live servers or there will be alot of unhappy players.
Give me about 50 store building bonuses and i might be able to finish before i lose all the work i just did.

DeletedUser8910

crashed several times - so it's either the feature or the HTML or both

DeletedUser8910

I turned off the HTML 5 and it works great - so the HTML needs work

DeletedUser8910

Ok thats 4 times i've tried to re-arrange my city and 4 times i've had an internal error literally 2 minutes away from finishing and saving. This needs some work before its released on the live servers or there will be alot of unhappy players.
Give me about 50 store building bonuses and i might be able to finish before i lose all the work i just did.
If you have your HTML 5 on - turn it off

DeletedUser5439

While testing out the reconstruction mode, soon as I had a couple GBs back on the map and went to move one, the screen went black and then crashed out of the game altogether. Since logging back in (twice) I've tried to access the report function, when I right-click my mouse (which normally brings up a menu) all I can do is "save image as", "copy image" or "inspect".

DeletedUser4261

First of all: Its' an amazing enhancement - I love it!

I have the following points (some are already mentioned):
  1. A "Store All" button - this will give one an empty town for rebuilding.
  2. A "Store from Area" button - select an area and store all buildings and streets from this area. This will help if only one part of town should be reconstructed. Especially to remove all the 1 tile streets is a boring job. And it will be more easier to remove a hole set of buildings.
  3. A "Delete" button - will sell or destroy Buildings/streets in the store.
  4. A "Buy" Button - if a new town design is invalid, e.g. has not enough population, this can help.
  5. A "Save Draft" and "Restore Draft" button - reconstruction will need time to plan. This will give one the time. One Draft is fine, many are better. With many drafts it is possible to compare different approaches. Then also a "Copy Draft" function is reasonable.
  6. A draft view for population, happiness, used population. Then one can see if a town design is useful, more precisely meets the necessary conditions for a valid town.

DeletedUser8881

a very good idea, I can rebuild my city several times, just awesome :cool:

DeletedUser4381

One more suggestion for the list.

The option to store a set as one unit, keeping relative positions to each other.

I have several sets where extra minor buildings are combined multiple times, and there are a few at the edges that aren't connected as much as they could be. Storing them right now just separates the set into building type, and I can't tell which ones were outliers that weren't max boosted. Placing them wrongly - i.e. not with their original boost - means the time gets reset, which is annoying because they are then plunderable until I manage to get collections back in sync.

Being able to move a set as one unit would also be awesome.