• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 4th June

jovada

Regent
  • Stats of some of the Soccer Cup buildings have changed:
    • Contestants Estate's 5% Attack Boost and medals when motivated is changed to 3% Attack Boost and medals when motivated.
    • Ornate Baths's Supply Production Boost when motivated is changed to 5% Defense Boost when motivated. This may not be final, and additional changes can be done, based on feedback.
  • HTML5: Fixed an issue where tooltips were not shown in some menus

Are you kidding ? many of us bought and spend diamonds for contestant estate 5% attack and now you drop it to 3% ???
Are you going to compensate with diamonds ????

vesgouo

Baronet
Keyboard shortcut suggestion:

Key " Z " for aiding.
1º Press, aid the 1º on bar
2º press, aid the 2º on bar
5º press, aid the 5º on bar
6º press, roll the list to next 5

(This combined with fast aid will be amazing....)

Heya :). Fast aiding was never an intentional change. It was a side effect of a bug which resulted in the possibility to execute an action without the previous one being completed. This is of course not ideal and also resulted in tons of "can not polish" error messages being displayed, which - I am sure - everyone saw at least a few times :).
If we ever go for a "fast aiding" improvement, it will be done properly ;).
Yeah, figured as much since the clicks went through the protective layer. So, this was unintentional and allowed us to start drinking before the drink has been poured? Certainly not. Sure, there are programs that require by design for one task to be finished to start a new one, most are on floppy disks in dusty boxes in cellars or on attics, some run on factory line conrolling computers 286-line or similar.
Now, in today's electronic world, it is normal, easy AND, in fact, quite ideal to be able to start several tasks at once which, ideally, are then finished orderly and properly -- if the programming was done the same way.

I knew all along -- and now does everyone else for a fact -- that nothing *in principle* prevents us from unloading mo-po-clicks as fast as humanly possible.
I hope for the sakes of the karma of the people responsible that the delay is only installed to cover some really bad programming ...but I doubt it. Come on, people, 1000ms is *really* pushing it, what do you let the script do, parse through every click we've ever done?! This is an ETERNITY in today's lighting fast computing world. Forget "fast [lol] aiding improvement", how about mitigating insanely slow aiding due to grossly exaggerated impediment?

I may have seen some error messages -- but I am also keenly aware that displayed error messages do not equal real errors. Such messages may or may not be an indication for the occurrence of errors. Relatively certain, however, is we should think errors have occured.

Now, readers, I am not implying a lie. I have roughly disected or paraphrased parts of the above quoted message to raise awareness of its spin. I do not like to read through spun messages. Of course, everybody spins a little. But spin is poison to all scientific and technical issues.
I am not demanding a message like: "Hi. Oops. Somebody screwed up so you could do much more much faster than we want you to be able to. This sucks. Now you know and we hate you knowing it, did you see our messages, did you, did you? Well, don't hold your breath for us freely allowing you that stuff." -- and this is, of course, a comic exaggeration of what easily might be read into the above message -- but there has to be something in between... ^^

DeletedUser1418

Nerving buildings again.... and cheating people? Serious?
In Artic: Halmboch has footprint 2x1 and gives 3% attack. Checkmate square has footprint of 3x3 and give 9%
Nerving the contestant estate down to 3% is considering the 3x2 footprint not only an illogical move, but extremely unfair, especially to those who bought diamonds to get those buildings. It shows to me that InnoGames are out to cheat people out of their money.
Ornate Baths? Dont even bother to build that... defense boost is again for city defense, and not attacking force. And now that's nerved to 5%, it became a waist of city space. I think we have more than enough city defense boost buildings...

DeletedUser8150

I would gladly sacrifice the chance of getting a blueprint for a "mass aid" button. Clicking 80 times for guild and up to 140 more times for friends (plus up to another 140 clicks for taverns (times 2 since you have to close that window every time))... that's absurd for a game in 2018. Get rid of the Tavern pop up window as well.. I don't think anyone cares where they are sitting in a tavern.
The hotkey changes are nice as are the reward spots showing for GBs.

Yeah perhaps Bryfft understand why they do that. The loading of the tavern and showing us the pics of players (often) not preloaded from our friends or NH must = extra server load so why do it. If I want to see a tavern i can click manually.Just let us tavern aid like normal aid - no popup!

50% cut in clicks is huge

jovada

Regent
Stats of some of the Soccer Cup buildings have changed:
  • Contestants Estate's 5% Attack Boost and medals when motivated is changed to 3% Attack Boost and medals when motivated.
  • Ornate Baths's Supply Production Boost when motivated is changed to 5% Defense Boost when motivated. This may not be final, and additional changes can be done, based on feedback.

Looks that there is no feedback needed because in daily changelog after a few hours they say it's final.
So are we receiving our diamonds back that we bought to win the contestants estate ???

See that Bryfft gives reaction on shortcuts but not on this matter.

DeletedUser4381

The nerf of the Contestants Estate is a joke. 40% drop in attack bonus is a complete rip-off for a building you can only get from a loot box.

If the attacking bonus needed adjusting then I suggest a better idea is to scale up the building from a 3x2 with 5% bonus into a 4x3 building that has 6%.
This would still provide a high bonus per building - turning it into the best non-set attack bonus in the game and therefore a valuable building - but would keep the attack bonus per square at the rate you have given the smaller building.

Doing that would also mean you aren't ripping off the people that spent money to get the building.

Yes yes, "changing building sizes is difficult once they're implemented"... But (like you've told us already) "this is the beta server so changes should be expected", which should go both ways - especially when it's EXACTLY the same as was done before (with the Plaza) and no lessons seem to have been learned by Inno from that mistake.

jovada

Regent
In the announcement of the event they should have placed " warning don't buy or spend your diamonds for these buildings because they are subject to change" but now it is just plain robbery.

DeletedUser7529

I noticed aid button is no longer clickable until server confirms previous aid and reward us with coins (finishing sword animation). So shame it was removed :(
Being possible to click aid without waiting made it so much faster.

DeletedUser6501

+1 for the keyboard shortcuts.
It would be great if we finally can enter the GB tab directly with a dedicate key and dito for the event history. Both require a lot of clicking at this moment :(

Pafton

Viceroy
I wonder, was it intentional to introduce keyboard shortcuts and nerf the Contestants' Estate at the same time? Maybe so as to keep the players happy with one improvement, and on the other hand once again devotedly follow their tradition of nerfing. Does IG even realise that they undermine their own credibility in this way, and deter players from potential purchases?

If I as a player do not have the assurance that my diamonds (bought with my own money) will be used to buy a currently great building that will soon have its stats halved, then I will rather not invest my diamonds there. A consumer should be assured that what product he will buy now will have the same attributes even 10 years down the line. That is a fundamental rule of business and marketing, Inno ought to know that by now.

On the other hand, kudos to 2 big improvements released this week. Keyboard shortcuts really halve the time I spend in my city (in a good way), and give me the confidence that at least there are some knowledgeable people out there.

I'm rather surprised with the search bar, it was on my mind for the past few weeks that many players have burgeoning inventories, and it might be too tedious to locate one item amidst all the clutter. Bravo to that!

DeletedUser7951

building that will soon have its stats halved, then I will rather not invest my diamonds there
As this happened at Beta, which we know keep tweaking stuff (not always in us players favour), I think it's okay. If it had happened on live - I'd be angry as well. But on Beta it is said and proven time and time again, things will change. Even in the forum it was said over and over and over again - this is going to be nerfed.

Ofc by nerfing it they turned the event from "must play" to meh on live, and any interest in spending diamonds there dropped a lot.

vanguard1

Farmer
It would be nice if you could search by set name in inventory search. For example searching for "cherry garden" should show all your buildings and upgrade kits from the cherry garden set.

DeletedUser8406

Shortcuts are superb. But In GE I still must click for closing windows after negotiating and for opening next one. At least closing of windows shoudl be done with [esc] or [space] too...