• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 10th September

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So nothing in the ongoing changes thread about the new functionality of the Unbirthday Quest? Now we have to click on buttons for both supplies and coins. I know I heard something about this for some of the VF quests, but this change to Unbirthday Quest just happened in the past day or so.

It was the VF unbirthday quest that got it first - apparently it addresses some bug somehow and was coming to other ages 'soon' - i guess it's arrived.

DeletedUser

The two clicks to pay for the unbirthday party quest is insane…. who would pay just one of them?

Either u pay both or nothing, so an option for paying coins and an option for paying supplies is just another example of dev´s who dont play the game but just use the tools from other parts of the game so they can get their job done fast, and then players get jet another thing to be annoyed by.

One person get´s his or her job done a bit faster, and thousand of players get ekstra clicks for good.

Edit: And BTW when u fix this could u remove the "abort quest" buttom and replace it with two buttoms insted… one named "previous quest" and one named "next quest"

Last edited by a moderator:

Luke Stark

Marquis
about that unbirthday thing, I have pointed it out somewhere in VF thread but it was pointed to me by support that it was a step forward ^^ I decided not to respond to that idiocracy ;)

edit:

looks to me like they need to make some stuff up / destroy perfectly good thing so they can fix it later to the great aplaus from the players so their egos have some boost OR

just making some stuff up so they can work it out later as they are getting payed by the hour? ;)

Last edited:

dpghost

Steward
The 2 clicks for the unbirthday party sounds very much like a wrong choice.
Why do we need the second click?
Developers are so peculiar, lol

DeletedUser16

The 2 clicks for the unbirthday party sounds very much like a wrong choice.
I dare to have a different opinion, and I would like to explain why :).

First of all, the new system is a part of a wider set of changes. They are being done to allow us to make quests more varied by asking for several different things, or making it possible to fulfill a quest in more than one way.
That said, I am are aware of the concerns related to an additional click needed to fulfill the "pay"-type quests. I find them valid, but I also believe that pros outweigh cons.
Right now, we are sometimes confusing players, especially newer, less experienced ones. This is the case especially with the "pay"-type quests, when the amount of available resources drops below required amounts, and the progress bar - previously full - suddenly regresses for no obvious reason. This is because you can no longer complete the quest. In the new system, there is no bar that would change its state in a seemingly unexpected way.
And yes - this means more clicks when you run through recurring quests, but I think it's important to explain that it was not done on a whim.

And that is not even all. One of the ways in which we will be able to offer more variety is that it will allow us to use "pay"-type quest conditions with quests that provide alternate ways of completion once we release our improved visualization for alternate conditions. That improved handling will come with this year's Halloween event.

This is what it's going to look like:
Orcondition.png

I hope this explains the reasons behind going for this system despite the aforementioned concerns.

DeletedUser

I hope this explains the reasons behind going for this system despite the aforementioned concerns.

It explains that your not going to do "ekstra work" just coz players ask for it, you choose to go the easy way.
You have made an allround system for those quests, and refuse to see the problem for players, you could still use this system in the background for the unbirthday quest and have a button viseble that press both "pay" buttons in the background.

And now that your here, why cant we have a name change on the abort button to "next quest" and add a button in the left side named "previous quest" that would make it way easier to do the quests we usually do.

dpghost

Steward
I strongly disagree with the new negotiations feature it should be part of a fight / negotiate choice for the player

DeletedUser

I strongly disagree with the new negotiations feature it should be part of a fight / negotiate choice for the player
will come with a later feature

with quests that provide alternate ways of completion, once we release our improved visualization for alternate conditions. That improved handling will come with this year's Halloween event.

Orcondition.png

Please note, that the "OR" conditions are not present in this version. They will come to the game with the Halloween event.
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/full-changelog-1-136-reference.9527/

DeletedUser8461

Yes we plan to often have alternatives when using Standalone Battles and Standalone Negotiations in quests, but not for Daily Challenges. We don't currently provide alternatives within Daily Challenges, nor do we currently plan to do so.

DeletedUser7703

Maybe the solution for the Un-Birthday quest is instead of asking for 280k coins and 280k supplies (arctic future) it asks for 560k coins or supplies (randomly picked)?