• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 10th September

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Please leave any feedback for this weeks dailies here.
You can find all the details here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aeshma

Merchant
Arc bonuses are not showing when I try to donate to other buildings while I have my Arc disconnected. Is this a hidden change from this update or unintended? Also if this is intended I would like to know why and also does this mean I will no longer receive the bonuses if someone levels a GB to which I have donated while my Arc is disconnected?

DeletedUser

Also if this is intended I would like to know why and also does this mean I will no longer receive the bonuses if someone levels a GB to which I have donated while my Arc is disconnected?
that is already for a long time
if your Arc isn't connected it doesn't work

Arc bonuses are not showing when I try to donate to other buildings while I have my Arc disconnected. Is this a hidden change from this update or unintended?
sounds like a feature
the bonus isn't active so why should it be shown ?

Aeshma

Merchant
Weird because I thought that all this time I was getting those points. :( Rather depressing too because this means that the game caters to greedy people and it is pretty much impossible to help smaller players gain bps on the "best" buildings since the people with levels 80 + on Arc will keep taking all the slots. Guess I am done wasting my points on other people then. :(

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Weird because I thought that all this time I was getting those points. :( Rather depressing too because this means that the game caters to greedy people and it is pretty much impossible to help smaller players gain bps on the "best" buildings since the people with levels 80 + on Arc will keep taking all the slots. Guess I am done wasting my points on other people then. :(

I do not think thephantom meant to say you do not get the ARC bonus in general, only when the ARC is disconnected you won't get it.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I believe what Aeshma is saying is that they felt it was an important aspect of their usage of the arc to be able to disconnect it without penalty to control who donated to it and that they feel they *should* be able to do this.

I happen to disagree with this perspective (and afaik it hasn't been the case for a long while and it's good that the display now reflects reality when your arc is disconnected).

DeletedUser

and for me it was bug abusing
can you use the bonus of other GBs when they are not connected to the road ?

Aeshma

Merchant
I believe what Aeshma is saying is that they felt it was an important aspect of their usage of the arc to be able to disconnect it without penalty to control who donated to it and that they feel they *should* be able to do this.

I happen to disagree with this perspective (and afaik it hasn't been the case for a long while and it's good that the display now reflects reality when your arc is disconnected).

It wasn't that I thought I "should" it was more that I thought I was getting my points the whole time (have never thought to count them.) I thought the penalty part was not having the goods go to guild bank. So yeah if this is really intended then I am glad it has been changed to properly show so I know not to waste my points in other players' GBs since I would rather help some lower leveled people get BPs and not have to deal with greedy pigs who want to be the only ones with high leveled arcs. :p

and for me it was bug abusing
can you use the bonus of other GBs when they are not connected to the road ?

LoA and RAH both give the supply bonus, St Marks gives the coin bonus, Babel and Inno give the population, there may be others but I don't have them to be able to check. Kind of makes me think that Arc could go either way, just wanting clarification on the issue. Maybe these buildings should be changed then if this is being considered abuse?

DeletedUser

Babel and Inno give the population
houses give also population without roads

losing those population from GB could be abused

LoA and RAH both give the supply bonus, St Marks gives the coin bonus .. Maybe these buildings should be changed then if this is being considered abuse?
I agree: should be changed

there may be others
and there are other where the bonus don't work
happiness: you lose it without roads
attack/defense boost: you lose it
Chateau: you lose quest boost

not tested:
Kraken kill & Temple of Relics

either way:
one of both behavior is a bug
some giving boost without road or some not giving the boost
both at the same time can't be correct

Aeshma

Merchant
It could be that these other GBs don't make players act like a pack of starving feral dogs with one bone and thus have never been considered a problem. :D

Does Alcatraz give units from disconnected military buildings? If so then maybe this would be another one to consider a possible bug?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
houses give also population without roads

losing those population from GB could be abused

I agree: should be changed

and there are other where the bonus don't work
happiness: you lose it without roads
attack/defense boost: you lose it
Chateau: you lose quest boost

not tested:
Kraken kill & Temple of Relics

either way:
one of both behavior is a bug
some giving boost without road or some not giving the boost
both at the same time can't be correct

The limited-number-after-collection buildings aren't a bug because you need to reconnect the building to make progress to your next collection to refresh the count and receive more benefit. It's not a property of the building but a property of a buff you receive by collecting the building.

Does Alcatraz give units from disconnected military buildings? If so then maybe this would be another one to consider a possible bug?

Yes it does - and buildings not yet finished construction. People would actually like it if just disconnecting the roads from the barracks they don't want atm would get around it making those units.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
LoA and RAH both give the supply bonus, St Marks gives the coin bonus, Babel and Inno give the population, there may be others but I don't have them to be able to check. Kind of makes me think that Arc could go either way, just wanting clarification on the issue. Maybe these buildings should be changed then if this is being considered abuse?
Slightly different cases between all the Great Buildings though. :) They don't all work the same way. With LoA, RAH, and St. Mark's - you collect the boosts and then have ongoing "active boosts" (or buffs or whatever we want to call them) that are consumed with each use. When you have the boosts, the GB itself becomes irrelevant as the benefits come from the active boosts. You'll still need the GB for the next collection, but otherwise you don't need it for the 'boosts' themselves.

With GBs where the bonus is applied directly with a certain action - such as The Arc with a GB contribution, Chateau Frontenac with a Quest reward, etc. the GB connection is relevant because the bonus is only applied at that moment, if the GB is present and connected in your city.

Different scenario too. :) Alcatraz can produce units from disconnected military buildings. That is by design - it takes into account any military building present in the city, and not only connected ones.

Aeshma

Merchant
Ok, so to clarify a bit more all I need to do is connect the Arc then donate points to a building to receive those extra points or do I need to have the Arc connected at the time of the other player leveling their building to receive them?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Ok, so to clarify a bit more all I need to do is connect the Arc then donate points to a building to receive those extra points or do I need to have the Arc connected at the time of the other player leveling their building to receive them?

at the time of levelling

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
At the time of the other player leveling their GB. That's when any 'rewards' are set and granted.

When you yourself are contributing you just see what you 'might' win. :)

DeletedUser9021

So nothing in the ongoing changes thread about the new functionality of the Unbirthday Quest? Now we have to click on buttons for both supplies and coins. I know I heard something about this for some of the VF quests, but this change to Unbirthday Quest just happened in the past day or so.

DeletedUser8277

Is the unbirthday quest issue a bug? I'm hoping so since I don't see it listed in the change log. A single click now takes 5 to complete the quest..

hddk

Steward
-1 for two buttons in Unbirthday Party quest :( One unnecessary click in the situation where fast clicking is needed.