• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Oceanic Future Part 5

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser4295

I have a comment about the upgrade to Oceanic Terminal in OF Part 4, unlocked by the "Research Grant" technology.

Normally when buildings are upgraded as a result of improved technology, I would expect the building to become more efficient. That means, not only to produce the same (or greater) amount of product (Orichalcum) in a shorter time, but also to manage this by using the raw materials (i.e. OF goods) more efficiently. However, what I am finding with this "upgraded" Oceanic Terminal is that it now produces LESS Orichalcum than before (because the crew candidates I have trained to become more efficient are lost in a sea of new, inexperienced candidates) and it uses MORE OF goods than before, because I need to hire 4 crew instead of 3.

Am I missing something here? It doesn't seem like progress to me .....

DeletedUser4381

I have a comment about the upgrade to Oceanic Terminal in OF Part 4, unlocked by the "Research Grant" technology.

Normally when buildings are upgraded as a result of improved technology, I would expect the building to become more efficient. That means, not only to produce the same (or greater) amount of product (Orichalcum) in a shorter time, but also to manage this by using the raw materials (i.e. OF goods) more efficiently. However, what I am finding with this "upgraded" Oceanic Terminal is that it now produces LESS Orichalcum than before (because the crew candidates I have trained to become more efficient are lost in a sea of new, inexperienced candidates) and it uses MORE OF goods than before, because I need to hire 4 crew instead of 3.

Short answer; Inno want you to spend Diamonds to cycle the available candidates.

DeletedUser5429

I have noticed the same thing.
Short answer; Inno want you to spend Diamonds to cycle the available candidates.
AndI've come to the same conclusion.

qaccy

Emperor

Unfortunately, this was largely the case with the AF harbor as well. Introducing the extra crew slot and more crew members adds an extra cost to each trip that isn't really made up for by what those crew members provide, so it gets less efficient for the cost. It's even worse in OF, where everything costs more relative to AF and crew levels also have less of an impact. Only 2% added to the experience gain in OF compared to the 5% in AF? Crew member penalties also increasing with each level compared to decreasing like they do in AF? The OF terminal is a heck of a lot worse than the AF harbor, unfortunately. They really want that Orichalcum to be expensive and I'm kinda surprised they didn't go back and adjust the AF harbor to match the design of OF once they decided that's how they wanted to do it.

DeletedUser4381

The description of the Frenzy ability is somewhat convoluted.
"Deals 50% damage to the enemy units within 1 tile range of unit on top of damaging targeted unit"

That's far too wordy. I'd update it to be more concise, along the lines of
"Deals 50% damage to enemy units adjacent to itself when attacking a target."

Lionhead

Baronet
Unfortunately, this was largely the case with the AF harbor as well. Introducing the extra crew slot and more crew members adds an extra cost to each trip that isn't really made up for by what those crew members provide, so it gets less efficient for the cost. It's even worse in OF, where everything costs more relative to AF and crew levels also have less of an impact. Only 2% added to the experience gain in OF compared to the 5% in AF? Crew member penalties also increasing with each level compared to decreasing like they do in AF? The OF terminal is a heck of a lot worse than the AF harbor, unfortunately. They really want that Orichalcum to be expensive and I'm kinda surprised they didn't go back and adjust the AF harbor to match the design of OF once they decided that's how they wanted to do it.

I think it´s worth mentioning, that the source of goods has greatly improved since AF. We´ve gotten Cherry Garden sets, Indian Palace sets, recently Royal Cascade. Even GE4 came somewhere in the middle of AF4 and OF1.
Personally I´m generating more OF-goods without any OF-goods buildings, than I did with one or 2 buildings during my time in AF.

qaccy

Emperor
I think it´s worth mentioning, that the source of goods has greatly improved since AF. We´ve gotten Cherry Garden sets, Indian Palace sets, recently Royal Cascade. Even GE4 came somewhere in the middle of AF4 and OF1.
Personally I´m generating more OF-goods without any OF-goods buildings, than I did with one or 2 buildings during my time in AF.

While that may be true, wouldn't that also apply to AF if you had those sets/buildings? I think it might be a case of, we saw what goods requirements were going to be like from now on with the introduction of the AF harbor, so a lot of us may have made adjustments to our playstyles to accomodate higher goods production. It doesn't change the fact that the OF terminal is scaled to be a lot worse/more expensive than the AF harbor though at a similar level. I'm still not really convinced that there's a point in levelling up most of the OF crew members because of the penalties increasing alongside the bonuses. Kind of makes the only 'good' crew members the ones that don't have penalties...

DeletedUser3485

does anything in part 5 fix the horrible lag issue in GvG that everybody has been screaming for help on or is FOE / Inno going too continue to ignore our pleas and just keep releasing more updates in an unplayable game?

DeletedUser

does anything in part 5 fix the horrible lag issue in GvG that everybody has been screaming for help on or is FOE / Inno going too continue to ignore our pleas and just keep releasing more updates in an unplayable game?
autobattle and army management improvement :rolleyes:

qaccy

Emperor

You know there's more to the game than GvG, right? Even if GvG was completely broken, which it isn't, there's still plenty of other things to do. Whether or not those things are worth doing to you is another matter, but the game as a whole is hardly 'unplayable' regardless of how a single part of it performs. Do you even know what the issue actually is?

Also, it bears mentioning that just because they aren't saying anything about it doesn't mean they aren't doing anything with it. It just means there's nothing they want to say.

DeletedUser3485

You know there's more to the game than GvG, right? Even if GvG was completely broken, which it isn't, there's still plenty of other things to do. Whether or not those things are worth doing to you is another matter, but the game as a whole is hardly 'unplayable' regardless of how a single part of it performs. Do you even know what the issue actually is?

Also, it bears mentioning that just because they aren't saying anything about it doesn't mean they aren't doing anything with it. It just means there's nothing they want to say.
i'm just asking because we are loosing players all the time because they are sick and tired of the lag that makes GvG so unplayable they are tired of watching all their sectors defeated and taken from them over and over because the game is so laggy they cant get in replacement troops. Support keeps telling me the same thing for over 2 years now.... "yes we are aware of the lag issue but to be honest we have other priorities." so if they dont care about then they cant complain when seasoned players leave the game and give up. in the time that they say they have other priorities they have developed the Achievement system, big deal, nobody in my guild uses it, they have add those little trinkets that keep popping up...who cares i dont collect them. they have added more and more history events...who cares i dont build any of the rubbish prizes, they changed the buildings for iron age or was it bronze age,...and this is their "priorities"??? so i just sit an watch a game that used to be maintained well just keep falling apart and more and more experienced players leave the game. Brilliant marketing plan!!!

DeletedUser7779

Okay, so 5 parts of OF already and we still don't have an 8-hr house ?!?
Instead we get another (3rd) 4-hr house which looks overpowered.
Compare: part 4 houseboat 3x3, 7000 coins in 4hrs, 2410 population
part 5 bridge house 3x3, 12750 coins in 4 hrs, 2710 population
Now, we all know Inno devs aint good at math, so if this was not intended pls fix it before it goes live....we dont want another crystal villa deja vu!

Also, again we get 2 supply buildings....seriously???? OF part 5 has 2 techs which require supplies, part 4 - only 1 tech. I have more supplies on live servers i could possibly ever spend but you keep forcing us waste our goods to research more and more supply buildings....how about a nice 8hr or another 24hr house instead?

qaccy

Emperor
Okay, so 5 parts of OF already and we still don't have an 8-hr house ?!?
Instead we get another (3rd) 4-hr house which looks overpowered.
Compare: part 4 houseboat 3x3, 7000 coins in 4hrs, 2410 population
part 5 bridge house 3x3, 12750 coins in 4 hrs, 2710 population
Now, we all know Inno devs aint good at math, so if this was not intended pls fix it before it goes live....we dont want another crystal villa deja vu!

Also, again we get 2 supply buildings....seriously???? OF part 5 has 2 techs which require supplies, part 4 - only 1 tech. I have more supplies on live servers i could possibly ever spend but you keep forcing us waste our goods to research more and more supply buildings....how about a nice 8hr or another 24hr house instead?

With the single exception of Crystal Villas, 8-hour houses have only been available as diamond purchases since Progressive. That probably plays a lot into why there's 'still' no 8-hour house for OF.

The housing thing does look odd, but it remains to be seen whether or not it'll be changed. It's certainly possible, but it's also something that comes later in research so it makes sense that it'd have to be better otherwise why bother building it at all? The complaint would shift to 'what's even the point of unlocking this?' if that was the case.

Supply buildings are still an integral part of the game at the basic level, just like every other tab in the building menu, so it's not like they can just stop creating new ones. The diminished need for supplies plays a lot into the fact that a lot of stuff late-game players end up building simply has no build cost whatsoever, but the game isn't designed around the expectation that players are going to fill over half of their cities with 'free' buildings. Should it be? In any case, excess supplies can always be spent. I've worked my supply stock down to zero doing repeatable quests over the past several months, so now I no longer have any excess being 'wasted'. That's an option available to anyone, regardless of how many supplies and supply buildings they have in their cities.

DeletedUser8071

it will come with OF Part 8
Are sure because they may wait until part 10. They will you the X in the name and act like it really means something to us! I think Rouge jr will be released then too lol.

DeletedUser8471

I’ll tell you my theory on why they are dragging OF out so much. It has to do with unrefined goods. The next Era will have FE goods offered as unrefined. FE goods are difficult to come by and can be expensive because everyone and their mother want an Arc. When the next Era is released there will be a massive influx of FE goods from when all the end-gamers advance.

Just my thought on it. Could also be they haven’t figure out what to do next yet lol

qaccy

Emperor
I’ll tell you my theory on why they are dragging OF out so much. It has to do with unrefined goods. The next Era will have FE goods offered as unrefined. FE goods are difficult to come by and can be expensive because everyone and their mother want an Arc. When the next Era is released there will be a massive influx of FE goods from when all the end-gamers advance.

Just my thought on it. Could also be they haven’t figure out what to do next yet lol

I think it'd be more the last part of your post than anything else. If they do have an idea, maybe they want to try something radically different and it's a matter of figuring out how to make it work properly in-game or how best to present it. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, though? But I don't think which goods are available/used as unrefined really factors into how quickly or slowly a new era comes along.

There's also probably a lot of developer time being spent on the upcoming switch to HTML5. I imagine rebuilding the game to run on a new platform is no small feat!

DeletedUser4381

It's more likely because they've realised that the Promethium/Orichalcum/Unobtanium (or whatever they call the next one) idea is going to implode, because it appears we're still going to need to produce it despite the fact that we get no ingredients for it and will end up having to run Goods Production for up to 2 ages prior just to carry on harvesting more. Hopefully they'll avoid this by dropping Promethium requirements from the next age, but I won't hold my breath.

DeletedUser7239

Anyone knows when will this be released to live servers?
It was good policy to release more expansions BEFORE the winter event that is cumming already live tomorrow.. at least would make players more happy about the winter event.