• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Oceanic Future Part 5

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8150

Is Frenzy @ full power for all splash or crippled like turtles? Will need to see but movement could be an issue to be able to get in range to use the skill.

If OF is going on for eons could we have another GB :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ZENA

Marquis
the link on the main menu for this does not open
when u press " read more " it open the winter link

DeletedUser

Houseboat 3x3 7.000 Coins in 4h, 2.410 Population
Bridge House 3x3 12.570 Coins in 4h, 2.710 Population

this is correct?

qaccy

Emperor
Very interested in stats for the new unit, if anyone's able to share them!

@Zarok Dai, when new tech announcements are made that include new units, would it be possible to display their stats in the announcement rather than just their special abilities? It'd help make these announcements more exciting, for me at least. The more info I have about what's coming up, the more excited I can be about it!

Lionhead

Baronet
Very interested in stats for the new unit, if anyone's able to share them!

@Zarok Dai, when new tech announcements are made that include new units, would it be possible to display their stats in the announcement rather than just their special abilities? It'd help make these announcements more exciting, for me at least. The more info I have about what's coming up, the more excited I can be about it!

http://prntscr.com/h7y9jj

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Those are some very tankish stats. Will be interested to see how usable the whole package is. Guess that means I have to go research OF4 after all :p

qaccy

Emperor
Very powerful stats on the Octopod, wow! That defense might even make up for the fact that this is the first heavy unit since Tomorrow to not have a defensive ability. It looks like it'll be stellar for taking out Eels. Bushes are usually clumped fairly close together, so the Octopod only needs to reach one (or some other unit off in the distance) to be able to smack a group of Eels that are all hiding in the bushes. Of course this won't always happen, but the damage potential looks to be nearly as high as with Turtles but on a much more mobile unit. Dragon Drones are also going to absolutely hate them.

Just keep them away from Turtles, but that applies to pretty much everything that's susceptible to their attacks. :p

DeletedUser

@Zarok Dai, when new tech announcements are made that include new units, would it be possible to display their stats in the announcement rather than just their special abilities?

Yes this is of course possible. As sometimes I don't get a lot of warning before some releases, I need to look into how I can quickly provide that for everyone.

DeletedUser7864

STOP extending the OF, this is getting ridiculous. The rationale for these "Parts" barely justifies an extended tech tree. Players don't want to pay annoyingly high requirements for supply/residential buildings that they're never going to use let alone techs for avatars and crew mates. If Inno wants to delay age progression there should be longer wait times between releases, then the "Parts" would be better structured, more rewarding and actually mean something. It really looks like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill in techs now.

DeletedUser8150

Very powerful stats on the Octopod, wow! That defense might even make up for the fact that this is the first heavy unit since Tomorrow to not have a defensive ability. It looks like it'll be stellar for taking out Eels. Bushes are usually clumped fairly close together, so the Octopod only needs to reach one (or some other unit off in the distance) to be able to smack a group of Eels that are all hiding in the bushes. Of course this won't always happen, but the damage potential looks to be nearly as high as with Turtles but on a much more mobile unit. Dragon Drones are also going to absolutely hate them.

Just keep them away from Turtles, but that applies to pretty much everything that's susceptible to their attacks. :p

No def armour will prob like champions make tem v vulnerable unless you can be pretty sure they will multihit on r1 - used with rogues against eels is the only good case I can see....before i try them out at least.

qaccy

Emperor
No def armour will prob like champions make tem v vulnerable unless you can be pretty sure they will multihit on r1 - used with rogues against eels is the only good case I can see....before i try them out at least.

I do suspect their overall uses will be similar to what Crabs are currently used for, but doing it better. The thing I've noticed is that while armor does help a lot, so does boost - in later stages of level 3 and 4, it's possible for even Crabs to take less than 4 damage from an attack and their defense is a full 90 base points lower than the Octopod's, or nearly 60% lower if you prefer percentages. I think with a defense stat like Octopods have (792 at the end of level 4, compared to only 468 on Crabs) the armor isn't even going to be needed really. Will have to wait and see though!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I don't know about better necessarily - they can't target through stealth so they have to be able to move next to the eels. In all-eel encounters this won't be a problem and they'll probably replace my dragon drones for those. In mixed encounters where i include a few crabs just so i don't get screwed by eels who won't leave bushes and want to kill my turtles, i'm not sure these will be able to fill the role as well.

One interesting question that might make them shine in those situations though:

If you're standing next to the main target does it still get the frenzy damage in addition to the main damage? Would make it so instead of needing to send 2 crabs per eel i could maybe send 1 octapod.

DeletedUser8150

I do suspect their overall uses will be similar to what Crabs are currently used for, but doing it better. The thing I've noticed is that while armor does help a lot, so does boost - in later stages of level 3 and 4, it's possible for even Crabs to take less than 4 damage from an attack and their defense is a full 90 base points lower than the Octopod's, or nearly 60% lower if you prefer percentages. I think with a defense stat like Octopods have (792 at the end of level 4, compared to only 468 on Crabs) the armor isn't even going to be needed really. Will have to wait and see though!

792 def :) oh happy dream for my army!