• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Show Hall

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

the commercial free FoE is over
after 5 years :rolleyes:

other games give premium currency for watching

But that's not all! You can now also use the "Watch Ad"-option as an alternative to paying coins for infiltrating a sector:

videoads_infiltrate.png
how about a watch ad as alternative to negotiate

DeletedUser8859

How many goods would a reward from a video provide?
*** A Small or Medium amount like in GE or Recurring Quests?
vs
How any goods do cost a sector if negotiating?
*** Way more than the winnings from 10 Recurring Quests?
(Recurring Quests in OF are giving me 13 goods, including my Chatteau Frontenac assistance. EN4 Dinegu)

DeletedUser8869

Actual ads? Or something thats ingame? I would like the option though to deactivate it. Don't like it one bit. Or give higher gifts like 100fp or something and more frequent. Not like in the GE when you get the same thing over and over again.

DeletedUser8859

What the flip floppin’ fudge is that?!?

It is called Show Hall.

No add and wanting a reward for attempt to watch?
Like getting coins even if no buildings to mot/pol?

DeletedUser4381

the commercial free FoE is over
after 5 years :rolleyes:

other games give premium currency for watching

how about a watch ad as alternative to negotiate

Infiltration? Let's see, spend some of my jillions of coins to infiltrate with a single click (2 seconds max), or generate ad revenue for Inno and take maybe 10 times as long...

As Beta has said, other games give premium currency for ads. It's become the de-facto standard for freemium games, in fact, so getting low amounts of random (easily obtainable) stuff isn't going to go far. Infiltration ads are also a pointless thing for most players.

At the end of the day you want players to watch ads. (As many as possible, or as many as you allow them to.) To achieve that you need to offer things that make players *want* to watch the ads. If you are open to a suggestion that *would* make me watch an ad, then get rid of all the current ad rewards and instead offer a random piece from the various building sets. (They can't be obtained easily, or at all, so it's going to be a big incentive to use the feature.)

Also, don't dilute the rewards by sticking in the booby prize of a high percentage chance of FP or somesuch. Do it as follows;
Cherry Garden Set (20%)
Indian Fountain Set (20%)
Indian Palace Set (20%)
Royal Garden Set (20%)
Winter Village Set (20%)

That will get you far, far more ad views than what's currently being offered. (If the rewards stay as they are then you are never going to get me to watch an ad, as my time has better uses than generating you ad revenue for a random pitiful reward.)

DeletedUser8150

Infiltration? Let's see, spend some of my jillions of coins to infiltrate with a single click (2 seconds max), or generate ad revenue for Inno and take maybe 10 times as long...

As Beta has said, other games give premium currency for ads. It's become the de-facto standard for freemium games, in fact, so getting low amounts of random (easily obtainable) stuff isn't going to go far. Infiltration ads are also a pointless thing for most players.

At the end of the day you want players to watch ads. (As many as possible, or as many as you allow them to.) To achieve that you need to offer things that make players *want* to watch the ads. If you are open to a suggestion that *would* make me watch an ad, then get rid of all the current ad rewards and instead offer a random piece from the various building sets. (They can't be obtained easily, or at all, so it's going to be a big incentive to use the feature.)

Also, don't dilute the rewards by sticking in the booby prize of a high percentage chance of FP or somesuch. Do it as follows;
Cherry Garden Set (20%)
Indian Fountain Set (20%)
Indian Palace Set (20%)
Royal Garden Set (20%)
Winter Village Set (20%)

That will get you far, far more ad views than what's currently being offered. (If the rewards stay as they are then you are never going to get me to watch an ad, as my time has better uses than generating you ad revenue for a random pitiful reward.)

I can see an imbalance issue with winning too many pieces too fast. I think it would be best if the snowhall gives something you can't obtain easily in another way. SO replicating prizes from DC seems unwise.

[Ed. Yeah ok who didn't read the caption right *show* Hall not Snow Hall :rolleyes:]

Any1 with Ad blockers running have you had to give permissions to get to the ads?

Last edited by a moderator: