• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] GvG Free-For-All Map

DeletedUser3604

Seems like this will just end up being a second FE map?

I guess at least one of the new FFAA GB's will be producing medals for the guild treasury then . . . . . .

DeletedUser

You also have the option to fight with units from any era
All NPC sectors are filled with FE units
nice joke

Darkstar, please show me how YOU fight with iron age units there

Seems like this will just end up being a second FE map?
until FFAA is released
then it will turn into that era

how many ranking points do we get for donating medals ?

DeletedUser

and now I tell you how it made correctly (found that solution in minutes. you had month for your version):

the defending units are in the age of the attackers unit (= the PvP tower in which it would count)

how would that work:
the units are categorized by the type not the exact unit

for example: 2 heavy, 2 fast, 4 artillery

and if I make a late middle age fight those 8 units would be from that late middle age
someone else attacks with Future Era units. and he would get those 8 units from future era

to make it more challenging and balanced for all: all fights could be without any boosts

that would be a Free for All I would love.

DeletedUser2752

and now I tell you how it made correctly (found that solution in minutes. you had month for your version):

the defending units are in the age of the attackers unit (= the PvP tower in which it would count)

how would that work:

and if I make a late middle age fight those 8 units would be from that late middle age
someone else attacks with Future Era units. and he would get those 8 units from future era

to make it more challenging and balanced for all: all fights could be without any boosts

What would happen if you select only color guard + 7 rogues?

DeletedUser

What would happen if you select only color guard + 7 rogues?
we could really make it "any age" gvg

and "no age" is not part of "any age" and those units will be forbidden :p

or every other solution would do it :rolleyes:

but it doesn't matter
because my idea is already dead because InnoGames never changes something they already have released

I only wanted to show that a non-payed player could make things better in a few minutes than the overpaid people from InnoGames in months

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2752

we could really make it "any age" gvg

and "no age" is not part of "any age" and those units will be forbidden :p

or every other solution would do it :rolleyes:
The point I wanted to get at is that since we can use any unit, that would mean the fight would be with the smallest barracks (how many archeries could fit in my city? :p) or 8 Champions to cause point farming all over again

DeletedUser7109

What a crock of nonsense. NPC sectors with FE already on them? How can anybody below FE take them? How can anybody below FE hold on to any thing? Face it, this is designed and intended only for FE (and above when it gets here). There's nothing about this map that's "free for all."

DeletedUser2752

Have someone a list of the medals costs?
It looks like it's just the same as before (or siege cost x 5, whichever way you want to think about it). (1st siege = 5 of each good = 5 x 5 = 25 medals)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4256

Have someone a list of the medals costs?

from what I've seen so far the defending costs are:

the 3rd defensive slot costs 150 medals,
the 4th 150 medals
the 5th 300 medals
the 6th 300 medals
the 7th 450 medals
the 8th 450 medals

its obvious that this new map is intended for advanced players who have a lot of medals stockpiled

DeletedUser4446

Donating medals to treasury should reward ranking points, for sure.
And then obviously also buying expansions with them, which falls under 'using' them, just like with the goods points.
But it shouldn't be giving too many points though. Some players have more than 10 million medals. Would be awkward if donating that would give 200 million ranking points, like it was a tomorrow age good or something. But one ranking point for every medal used/donated seems fair enough. This will prevent global ranking to become a carbon copy of the medal ranking, but players will still be rewarded. And that's all that matters, I guess.

DeletedUser4811

Yes! Awesome feature! Now we'll have one extra map in GVG that will freeze up during recalc time.

That aside, could someone tell me how is this "free-for-all" and not simply FE? I checked the map just now, half of it is taken already, and all of it is FE. If I understand battle mechanics correctly, if I was to attack any of those rail gun sectors with Iron Age units, I should be rewarded by getting to see my archers die real quick, right?

DeletedUser4446

Before people start ranting and swearing, just read what the announcement said:

This new map is targeted at advanced players that are looking for a new challenge in GvG without needing to switch maps after they transitioned to a new era.

So lower age players have no business there. That should be clear.
Unless your guild is creative enough to set up a lower-age bashing sector for their smaller players to have fun with, but that would be about it.
I think it's an awesome addition. So I hope it's here to stay.

DeletedUser7251

Asewome addition to the game. The medals problem was a big one.90% of advanced players have tons of medals who were useless.Now you can do something with them.

This may give a sense to buildings like shrine of awe,caravanserai etc.

I like it.Needs a little more work but great idea.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Darkstar, please show me how YOU fight with iron age units there
I'm fairly sure that says you can fight with units from any era, not that you'll win no matter the units of your era. Let's not ignore the part of the announcement which clearly says this is mainly aimed at advanced players. Though of course, unlike with other GvG maps, lower-era players can still help you out here.

How so? Well, for one the required resources are not goods of specific era, but medals, which a player can access in any era. At the same time there are multiple ways they can help you without directly going against FE units. They can start sieges with their own units, and they can place defending armies. The later can be utilized quite skillfully because if you have 1 defending army with FE units and 7 defending armies with IA units the sector building/image will be a FE one, and at the same time since you cannot see the defending armies till you actually attack a sector, this appears as a sector protected by 8 FE armies (you can also use it as a temporary solution till you actually replace these armies with higher-era units).

Of course you can try attacking a sector and see what armies are actually defending it. If the guild has placed lower-era defending armies, you can have your own lower-era players help out take over the sector faster. So, even IA units can be used to win battles.

how would that work:

While I understand the idea, and it's one of few alternative ideas that I myself have been pondering over when this was introduced, you have to realize that not everything that works on paper will be feasible for the game. What you're presenting is a very complex and resource consuming idea and even if it can be done (which would take a lot of time and work) it may not be compatible with the game itself. It may not work at all, or there may be too many technical difficulties for it to work properly.

Now, that's not for us to decide, it's up to the development team to figure out what can or cannot work so all we can do here is pass along the feedback. But you need to keep an open mind that even though some ideas sound good, they may not work well in practice. And of course, you may have seen other games with similar mechanism, but the background is not necessarily the same as all programming languages are different.

---
Thank you all for the feedback so far, please keep it coming. I would kindly ask you that we try and focus on what we believe can be changed to improve it. While it may mainly target advanced players, hopefully with some tweaks it can become more inclusive of lower-era players.