• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Championships

DeletedUser4130

Should be good. Might get a few more doing GE or get guild leaders to kick the dead weight. :)

DeletedUser

that isn't really compete with other guilds
it is only: take the result of 7 random guild of the same strength and compare them

if this would be soccer the teams wouldn't play against each other
they would shoot 1000 times on an empty goal and the winner is the one who hits most times
(that would be an awesome Champions League :eek:)

and what is with more important things
many players are waiting for the 2nd part of the Arctic Future

or how about a 4th level in GE. I bet players would like that more than this "Championship"

for the first time in Forge of Empires history - will allow for cross world competition
really ?
it is only comparing results of different worlds
not a real competition

players already could compete against other worlds player and compare xy
Player A: I have the highest Chateau of all worlds
Player B: I have made the most battles
and so on

external ranking sites do that already for years

Last edited by a moderator:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
that isn't really compete with other guilds
it is only: take the result of 7 random guild of the same strength and compare them

if this would be soccer the teams wouldn't play against each other
they would shoot 1000 times on an empty goal and the winner is the one who hits most times
(that would be an awesome Champions League :eek:)
Lots of ways to do competitions - elimination, round-robin, group systems, etc. They all have their upsides and downsides. :) Plus this could always evolve into something bigger - look at GE itself, it started as a one map and now it has 3 difficulties, its own GB with relics, plus these championships.

and what is with more important things
many players are waiting for the 2nd part of the Arctic Future
As mentioned elsewhere it's coming very soon. But just to get this out of the way - the two aren't in any way related. Despite popular belief, different game features do not necessarily come at the cost of one another. FoE has a large team so it allows for multiple items to be done at the same time. Look at everything that's been introduced since the start of this year you will see there have been quite a few new things, and even more are clearly coming. Arctic Future isn't being 'delayed', it is simply a new era unlike any before, with new content/features so in general it will take more time than previous eras.

really ?
it is only comparing results of different worlds
not a real competition

players already could compete against other worlds player and compare xy
Player A: I have the highest Chateau of all worlds
Player B: I have made the most battles
and so on

external ranking sites do that already for years
What makes a competition 'real'? You can compare stats from different worlds, yes, but those are never-ending, always-changing, and it's not an official competition with rewards. :)

So i can compete against myself if i'm in relative equal Guilds in A and B for example? :eek:
I guess. :D You can be your competition. :p

DeletedUser1230

Love it :)

..but there could be a little problem. My ranking position is higher when I lose some battles, so theoretically if everyone managed to solve all encounters in all three difficulties in every guild there could be 7 different 100%s, right?

my point is - losers wolud be better?

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Love it :)

..but there could be a little problem. My ranking position is higher when I lose some battles, so theoretically if everyone managed to solve all encounters in all three difficulties in every guild there could be 7 different 100%s, right?

my point is - losers wolud be better?
While there can be 7 different 100%s, as a tiebreaker the final ordering will take into account number of attempts needed to solve the encounters, so no - loser is not better. Less attempts will equal higher placement, as opposed to more attempts.

DeletedUser

What makes a competition 'real'?
that you interact with you opponent and what he does during the competition have influence on you

you do something. your opponent has to do something
the opponent does something. you react
and if you don't react it has influence on you (or your guild)

but this is:
guild A plays their game independent from B
and at the end of the week they compare their result

As mentioned elsewhere it's coming very soon.
sorry my fault

after the last event ended and you said there won't be another event before the AF part 2 I expected that it will be the next feature released

THIS WEEK

but back to the topic:
who will be the winner at the end ?
the guild with the most active fighters win.
inactive players / players not doing GE make your result worse
and people who negotiate make the result worse too (if two guilds have the same percentage)

Lionhead

Baronet
hat you interact with you opponent and what he does during the competition have influence on you

you do something. your opponent has to do something
the opponent does something. you react
and if you don't react it has influence on you (or your guild)

If you read the announcement closely, you´ll see that the score is being updated LIVE. In my book, this can cause both action and reaction in the participating guilds. I´m pretty sure, that many guilds have members, who doesn´t finish the entire GE during a week. Perhaps they now will ACT or REACT depending on the live-score.

after the last event ended and you said there won't be another event before the AF part 2 I expected that it will be the next feature released

That really is a misinterpretation on your part, isn´t it??
Darkstar hasn´t made any false statement. This isn´t a new event. It´s a new feature.

DeletedUser

That really is a misinterpretation on your part, isn´t it??
I already answered that question in my posting:
sorry my fault
:rolleyes:

Darkstar hasn´t made any false statement
no: he always says only: soon, very soon
next time it will be: very very soon

because he is smart enough not to say "this week" or "next week"

It´s a new feature.
you are also a smart guy.
and I am the fail guy who thought the next FEATURE would have been the AF 2

If you read the announcement closely, you´ll see that the score is being updated LIVE. In my book, this can cause both action and reaction in the participating guilds. I´m pretty sure, that many guilds have members, who doesn´t finish the entire GE during a week. Perhaps they now will ACT or REACT depending on the live-score.
now you have the fail guild

a good guild would do the best they can (no matter what others do)
and in that case they can't do more than that even if they look on the result of the others every 5 seconds

so how will you act or react to others when you already do the GE the best way can do ?

and BTW: for kicking bad players I don't need a live-score
an endscore would be enough :rolleyes:
because kicking players during a GE will still count that player to your GE result for this week

Lionhead

Baronet
now you have the fail guild

a good guild would do the best they can (no matter what others do)
and in that case they can't do more than that even if they look on the result of the others every 5 seconds

so how will you act or react to others when you already do the GE the best way can do ?

Do I really?

I dare you to post the result of your championship after the 1st week. I´m pretty confident not a single guild will be on 100%. Unless it´s 8 guilds with 4 members. And is that really a good guild?
And if I´m right, and no guild reaches 100%, things could change depending on the score. It´s about digging deep and finding hidden strength, it´s about motivating and helping the guildmates who has room to go further. That´s what competitors do.

DeletedUser

first impression

what I see
1%
1%
1%
1%
0%
0%

what I don't see:
how much differs 1% from 1% ?
so what does it take to improve one place? 1 sectors, 10 sectors, ...

so how about a real progress indication: 3/480 (10 players each 48 sectors)

or at least a better way to see the difference in progress: 2 digits more
1.01% and 1.49% is much better than 1% and 1%

DeletedUser7596

I need some more info regarding the new feature.
The percentage is calculated on the total sectors available?
If my guild is composed of 4 members, all finishing GE with 100%, and we compete with a guild with 8 members, all reaching 99% completion, does my guild win?

Thanks in advance.

DeletedUser4256

If my guild is composed of 4 members, all finishing GE with 100%, and we compete with a guild with 8 members, all reaching 99% completion, does my guild win?

Thanks in advance.

The guilds are mainly grouped by the number of members the guild has (the guild level does not count)
and the guild that scores more solved encounters or have the best percentage wins the championship, just like that

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames

Thanks in advance.
Yes - your guild would have reached 100% while the other guild would be at 99%. The % is based on your own guild's progress with of all the encounters that you and your guildmates have (as pointed out in the announcement 100% means that all guildmates completed all 3 difficulties).

DeletedUser1283

What matches the guilds ? is it really just pot luck?

DeletedUser6068

hi,
"At the end of the Expedition, the top 3 guilds will win a boost on top of the collected guild power. The winning guild gets +25%, the 2nd one gets 15% and the 3rd guild will be rewarded with +10%."
this 25%, 15%, 10% excess guild will be given to me every day (is on the end of each day will be taken) did you or will be given at the end.

1. Is not fought in our guild will affect our place in our ranking?
2. Do we participate in a tournament that next week we have another loncalarara to 1 week in the war or war will do the same guild every week?
thanks.
Turkey player wild33

OlifaNT

Merchant
Yes - your guild would have reached 100% while the other guild would be at 99%. The % is based on your own guild's progress with of all the encounters that you and your guildmates have (as pointed out in the announcement 100% means that all guildmates completed all 3 difficulties).

You must be kidding.
That means that a demolition guild (let's say 2 members) will always beat guilds with 60+ members or so?
The small guild will always reach 100%, which is impossible for a large guild...??

DeletedUser2752

You must be kidding.
That means that a demolition guild (let's say 2 members) will always beat guilds with 60+ members or so?
The small guild will always reach 100%, which is impossible for a large guild...??
Two things:
1)
Fist of all, only guilds with at least 3 members who already got to Iron Age, will be taken into the Championships. Secondly, at least one member must have contributed to the previou
Needs to be at least 3 members ;) Still more importantly we have:

2)
Every week your guild will be grouped together with up to 7 similarly-sized random guilds from different worlds of your language version*
This means that the guilds must have around the same number of members.

One complaint that I think BetaTest03 has mentioned was that any peaceful guild will have more of a chance at losing to a fighting guild as it takes less attempts to fight through the map than to negotiate through it. That and it costs a bucketload of goods to negotiate as well, so this discourages the peaceful players from GE. There needs to be more of a balance there to make competition more fair imo.