• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Friends Tavern

Achaeus

Marquis
Is it possible that if there is a not a seat available that you can sit at the bar and fewer Tavern Silver is received? This would still encourage people to clear their table often to maximize their Tavern Silver, but would allow players to visit when they can rather than having to go back over and over to get a free seat. I was able to clear my table for 10 eight times yesterday for my 108 friends, but I am fortunate and can check often, I know others cannot.

DeletedUser7790

Please leave any general feedback for this feature here. For more information please make sure you read the announcement at this link. For any issues you may encounter, please report them in the Mission Thread or the general Bugs Forum.

I usually dont write here because i dont think someone will read it, but this format of the event is so harmfull that i cant keep silent.

This event has the ability to make me to kill every friend i ever had, let's see why :

1) Its is too hard find someone to visit that hasn´t its table full, even if you find some, they wont know that you visited him, or just wont return the visit, because they win nothing with it.

2) You cant see who you visited or not, so when you try to scroll through the list this means put your time at garbage can, just it.

If you have no friends you can :

1) Add people at will (using global chat) because the ones who are connected will retrieve the visit instantly.

2) If their table is full you can solve it instantly, if they dont return the visit you can solve it instantly too.

3) You can add and visit friends all the time, resulting much more seats on your table, i have 14 by now.

4) Every friend you keep will get the troubles shown above, so no one friend will give you the best return at this event, and this is sad !! I will leave this event with no friends or maximum 10 that wont show the msg to get more friends, and i dont like the idea, but is what gives me more profit, think about this.

People when motivate someone cant get a blueprint, visiting someones tavern people win nothing, this changes everything !

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you can use this experience to improve the game. =/

DeletedUser7791

I would like to comment on the new event to activate the players the same event should take place not only among friends, but also should be able to look at the neighbors, and the players guild is certainly everyone will play a more active, because everything depended to enter the frequency of the player to empty inn. Although it is not as easy as a lot of friends changes, which freezes the game for many players.

conqueror9

Regent
There is a time limit of re-enter friend Tavern
24 hour

I would suggest
the chair to enter friend tavern should design like "Aid"

that is to say
when it is less than 24 hour
do not "lit", we do not want to enter a friend tavern with "come back after ? hour??

if it can design such that
it do not "lit" if there is no empty seat

with both
(a) 24 hour, not "lit" and
(b) no empty seat , not "lit"

It will help player to save a lot of time

DeletedUser6705

I really wonder whether the person/team designing this feature has some sort of a social disorder:

It's meant to be a ***friends*** tavern... so as soon as you see someone in there you grab their cash and turf them out - without even any pretense of tavern chat or any other interaction... that's what friends are for? Not in my world, thank you very much

On a more practical note, it this is going to be pushed out to the live servers despite all the neg. comments, you could prevent some damage by starting with a bigger tavern. Otherwise all those folks who work for a living will start out with a severe disadvantage over those who can spend all day in front of a computer

DeletedUser7685

I make the following suggestions:
* Include Neighbors - that's where the real problem is, motivating neighbors to actively aid. This alone would be a huge help.
* Provide a separate channel on global chat for add friend activity - on beta the push for friends has shut down all other chat on global.
* Remove the add friend limit - it's just annoying and impedes game play.
* Increase friend limit to 160

The big problem is aiding - many players refuse to aid knowing they will receive automatic aid from others. Friends by and large tend to be pretty good at aiding, it's the neighbors who are the problem - using the tavern as a carrot will go a long way in solving this.

I would also suggest something a little radical - revamp the aiding system: When you aid someone you still get the chance at a blueprint depending on the building, but the motivation/polish goes to one of your own buildings. Using this method, players could get motivation/aid when they need it, and it would depend on their activity.

Other than that, the tavern system is a great idea.

DeletedUser7792

It would be nice if there were a list telling you who has been in your tavern. I do not want to help freeloaders but it takes a long time to make a note of the friends who have visited you.

DeletedUser7792

If you counted the number of taverns you visited and then used them in the upgrades of tables and chairs you would have to visit other players to be abel to upgrade.

DeletedUser6705

In the tavern shop, I think a good addition in the time-related boni would be a % reduction of standard production times, so that on level 1 you could complete a whole 24 h production in 23 h 40 min, with the higher levels giving you something like 40-60 min and 1 - 2 h.
This is meant to help those players whose collection times slip on a daily basis due to recurring quests and the need to spend FPs during collections.

RedRed

Viceroy
It is really hard to keep track of who comes in your tavern (this is needed if you can't return the visit because the time limit or because there isn't a vacancy): also, would be nice to visit the taverns from the event history (as reward for the PoMo action) --> add the visit in the aid routine or add "visit tavern" in the options inside the event history (or both).

MagicMiam

Steward
Hi there from France,
Although I like this new feature, I think there is really a problem with the global chat being totally spammed - it is impossible to discuss anything there !
The best option that I have seen in this discussion so far is putting a timer for new friends : they could only visit after, for example, 24hrs. Obviously this would make collecting silver harder, having to rely on long lasting friends that aid every day.
This has been said also, but I hope Inno will find a way to help a bit those long lasting friends with an indicator on the chair button (table full - already visited - free). Right now the most efficient way to get silver is asking on the global chat, because temporary friends are connected at the same time and both have space on their tables.
Another interresting and funny idea is : you couldn't remove a friend anymore if you are sitting or he is in the tavern. This one wouldn't stop completely the chat activity, however it would be much harder t get a full table using temporary "friends" - not sure of the in game impact.

Artubar

Baronet
- 1 extra turn in GE negotiation: why would anyone want to increase the timescale on that one? Simply activate it when you need it, unless I'm missing something?
It's not a general 'try' to solve an encounter (x/8), but a fourth guess when negotiating. As long as the buff is active, you have four instead of three free guesses.

you can only sit in taverns of friends who aided you at least 3 times
That's a quite nice idea! :D

@other proposals limiting the 'friends' exchange: Why not introduce a cooldown (eg 24hrs) after making friends with someone before you can visit his tavern? Relationships need time to grow ;)
[making the limit for tavern visits doesn't affect the possibility for a quick trade friendship, that's why I see the best way for a cooldown/ limit there. Trading FSs are not real FSs too, true, but they occur way less often compared to that perverted assembly line work practiced right now]

DeletedUser7696

Just a general comment ...
The idea was good at the beginning BUT
- it's partly killing the sociability of the game, friendship being now replaced mainly by short-term invite-drink-aid-leave
- it's also killing the chat for any other purpose than the tavern, adding to the previous
- the lag generated not only on the server, but in the players' flash client makes it almost impossible to play on more than one server simultaneously, AND THIS COULD BE POTENTIALLY A KILLER FOR THE WHOLE GAME
So even if tavern seems funny at 1st thinking, inno should be careful about implementing this in all the live servers , in its current version ...

DeletedUser7794

This feature is awful! I believe it is a game killer.

- Visiting people's taverns - this is essentially another aid button (the worst part of the game). But even worse than the aid button, because it doesn't tell me what tavern I've visited already today and what ones are full so gotta keep clicking on it.
- The death of global chat.

It is not fun for me whatsoever.

mariedo

Farmer
It is a disaster this tavern, if it is implanted on the servers it is the disappearance of the social bond entailed by the general chat.

knycknac

Farmer
Here is a simple solution to the friends invite and removal
When friend sits at your table if (s)he leaves or is removed from list it removes player from table
If the table has been collected the player then loses the coins from his inventory
The return of friends to friends list should have a 3 or 5 day cool down period

This will immediately in my opinion stop the massive increase in global chat

DeletedUser7503

I like the feature BUT after reading through two main complaints reoccur constantly.

1. There must be a way to track who you have already visited, ie. disable the tavern chair button after a tavern has been visited for 24 hrs.
2. there must be a way to track who visited you so that you can remove freeloaders since we receive nothing when we visit someone.

DeletedUser4664

I like the feature BUT after reading through two main complaints reoccur constantly.

1. There must be a way to track who you have already visited, ie. disable the tavern chair button after a tavern has been visited for 24 hrs.
2. there must be a way to track who visited you so that you can remove freeloaders since we receive nothing when we visit someone.
... and
3. There must be a way to warn if a tavern is full and so do not go in to check it out, ie. tavern free: chair's icon on green colour; tavern full: chair's icon on red colour...
Thanks

DeletedUser7503

3. There must be a way to warn if a tavern is full and so do not go in to check it out, ie. tavern free: chair's icon on green colour; tavern full: chair's icon on red colour...
Thanks
Thanks

easy enough to do all they have to do is program so when you hit the chair it sends message the tavern is full

knycknac

Farmer
please not red and green as for some people like myself we find it hard to distinguish between the 2
a dark and a light colour would be easier