• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Friends Tavern

Achaeus

Marquis
Or make a fourth Chat window: Tavern chat ;-)
Emperor123, the 4th Chat Window would only give them another avenue to bog down with "Add Me" posts, as it would require the discipline of the players to recognize appropriate use of a chat area. I believe the current streaming in the Global Chat demonstrates some players have little to no discipline. I am all for the timer on removing Friends and/or a penalty for removing them, like not being able to collect on your table or loss of twice the number of coins added by the friend you Unfriended. I see too many players adding Friends, who are then Unfriended as soon as they sit at the tavern table, without reciprocating the tavern visit. If this game feature was meant to be a social feature I am afraid it has only encouraged antisocial behavior.

DeletedUser6201

I some questions about tavern.
Will be new bonuses to unlock? because all the curent one are useless for me and for any major player.
Will be new chairs? more than 16?

Miepie

Baronet
Transfer the Tavern to the neighbors, so you can not break friends

-1 then the active fighters in the hood are at a disadvantage, since you don't gain anything from sitting down yourself. And reducing the unfriending to 40 a day would still mean a chat full of add me's since most servers have a lot more (active) players than beta

DeletedUser7454

as I see there will be always those who will try to take advantage of the logistics in the game. Those on the chat just take advantage of the opportunity offered by the system.
That said as it is now the Tavern really hijacks the global chat and what more this creates lags as a consequence of high server traffic. I do not fight GvG here but I can imagine those who do experience lags due to server overload. I already see lags just when collecting. So it should be fixed. Also because it is called "Friend" Tavern and not "Friend/Unfriend" Tavern ;)

Vimesfan

Merchant
Baking Sudoku Master
I think one of the limiting factors is the number of chairs in the tavern. I think this would be much improved if expanding the tavern seating were not so costly from the tavern silver. Getting to a higher seating capacity quickly is going to be important, especially on the live servers.

Since I can only get to the tavern on a PC, not on a mobile device, that really limits my ability to clear my tavern most of the time. While I am at work, I can only pop on from the computer during lunch. And like the rest of us, I do spend hours a day sleeping. This is a more global server, so others' evening time (or ideal computer access time) can be round the clock. It will be even worse when we get country-specific live servers, on which the majority of players are in a handful of time zones rather than global. The rush for open seats during certain hours of the day when many of the players have lunch breaks or evening hours is going to be very frustrating if they are trying to visit taverns during that time.

Please consider making it easier to increase seating capacity quickly.

knycknac

Farmer
The Tavern means we are visiting and aiding so why not auto aid when we visit makes life simpler and have an option we can set for 20 coins or 5 tavern coins when using this method.

I have a player in my freinds list (i have not added and removed just asked those seen in others taverns to friend me )
who is in Bronze age -- ritter timmer -- who has 12 seats at his table.
Now this player in the early eras will gain loads from the Tavern compared to the player playing long term
as all the bonuses will help him greatly for those in AF end of tech tree -- high GBs -- 100+% attack bonus -- the gain will be next to nothing
Example my main account completes new era tech tree very quickly -- high level arc means easy to gain loads of fp -- with other buildings i collect 130+fp a day and growing as do most of the top 200 say players on most of the first 8 servers.

I started a second account to play not just as a diamond adder -- to play to see how much i can do without building any goods buildings (quest apart- then delete) i plunder hood and complete GE only in HMA and already have CDM without making any deals just trading for LMA with HMA and plunderng with my 50+% attack bonus and growing -- the Tavern will help me on this server greatly if i time the benefits well.

Live servers are already preparing for the tavern with inactives being deleted and active players being added to friends list, sister guilds freindind players etc so will not be as mad as here when came on

DeletedUser7786

PLEASE! Do Not introduce this feature in your other servers. It totally kills the social issues you say you were trying to promote. Friends are no longer friends, just a way to chase Tavern points! Ridiculus. And its impossible now to have an sort of social conversation on Global Chat! Take a look at chat, its just a bunch of people begging for Tavern visits.

vidicecilia

Baronet
You are right @hedley23. I´ve had a relashionship with my friends, either at this server or at the Spaniard one. It is hard for me remove them and I will not do it. Some of them don´t use the tavern but aid every day and it´s enough for me, my tavern will grow.

Vimesfan

Merchant
Baking Sudoku Master
I´m asking myself why it must be quickly. Live is long, why everything must be quickly, this is a game, please!

True, it is just a game. My concern about quickly is that without spending diamonds, I can only expand my seating capacity by gathering silver from people visiting. However, if I can't keep open seats, other players will probably give up trying to visit my tavern. If they give up visiting my tavern, I can't expand. On the other hand, if I can expand a bit more quickly, at least at first, I can maintain a better flow of "customers" that can help me continue to expand at a slower rate.

One of the biggest issues I am having with the tavern is just being able to get to it often enough to collect and free up seats. I can do a lot throughout the day on my phone, but I can't do anything with the tavern.

vidicecilia

Baronet
I understand @Vimesfan and you are right, if you can´t do nothing with the tavern during the day you need a great number of chairs. But now the week-end comes and you can work in it. In spite of all, you´ve got a good tavern till now.

DeletedUser6201

Will be new bonuses to unlock? because all the curent one are useless for me and for any major player.
Someone can respond to this question... COMA or a Dev by luck?

Andi47

Overlord
@Inno, can you please increase the font size of the sign, which is hovering above the tavern, a bit? With higher resolution settings (in my case: viewpoint size 1920*947) it is not so easy to distinguish between the digits 5, 6 and 8 when the city is zoomed out.

Edit: screenshot:
Tavern_tiny_digits.jpg

Last edited:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
We can only wait and see. It's a new feature and parts of it are still being worked on.

knycknac

Farmer
Rewards options in Tavern could be different in that you could add

Tavern GB that you get BP from tavern only and you select the GB print you want
with rewards for putting FP in being Fp tavern coins and medals
with the tavern level rewards being tavern coins and 1 small square (1x1) on city expansion per level
Other new tavern option rewards being a must if having Tavern GB tavern related as it needs to attract all level players

increase attack % on speakers corner permanent increasing per use ( need to be on offer on special quests)
increase defence % on monastry permanent increasing per use
cost of buying fp with coins reduced by 3% of current cost

Please add further suggestions

DeletedUser7789

I was thinking of a new way who would stop the problem of no places and unvisiting. Tickets
-When you try to sit in a tavern you take a ticket from it's owner.
-Afterward the ticket will be given to the next people sitting in you're tavern.
-If there is no chair free the person will reserve a ticket that he will get when you sit him by freeing the table.
-If you don't have tickets unreserved nobody can sit or wait in the line.
-Put a charging time when you empy a table before doing it again when you have a line.
-You can have only a ticket reserve per player at the time and per day

Other idea:
Be able to tadre tickets with other player (if you need some or have to many)
Maximum number of reserved ticket (maybe upgrable)

The problem created:
How many ticket do you have at the beginning?
If somebody gaver a lot and stop playing what will happens of the tickets?

Thank you for reading
(Sorry I'm french)