• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicMiam

Steward
Hi Mackie
Nice one !
I think you could delete all your ruestones, that would give you the opportunity to fit at least another hut (or a shrine) for more copper production.
Then when you need diplomacy to unlock a new building, you can temporarily delete all your roads and replace them with runestones for a minute :)

Logain Sedai

Baronet
Hi Mackie
Nice one !
I think you could delete all your ruestones, that would give you the opportunity to fit at least another hut (or a shrine) for more copper production.
Then when you need diplomacy to unlock a new building, you can temporarily delete all your roads and replace them with runestones for a minute :)

Nice trick MagicMiam :) I'll try that. Merci :)

Mackie

Squire
But I have not enough space for roads I need for huts and shrines. That's the problem. the small stones (you can't remove them) take this space

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
so, how to do the settlement within the timelimit and not spend diamonds?
gotta spend all your time in viking-ville calculatin the space vs production vs peeps balance...
can't get two shrines without either buyin land with diamonds to plant axe factories n housing or unlockin the shrines with diamonds.

I made an earlier post on a path to getting to a single sustainable axesmith (you start with 500 copper, enough to make 25 axes without any copper production - which can get 1 expansion and shrines unlocked and get you sustainable). I'm on track still to making it under the time limit without diamonds using that start. It's irritating as hell (5 4 hr cycles a day), but not complicated.

RoCoJo

Merchant
Settlement 3.PNG

Just paid for my next expansion and could place my second beast hunter. Enough peeps to get 4 productions simultaneously. Also enough copper: I can even start tonight 4 8-hour productions.

Only unlocked expansion without impediments except the first one (which I should have prevented). Huts are not connected to save place for Shrines.

NO use of diamonds

Time spent : a little more than 8 days, working on quest 12

Last edited:

shadowwarrior

Merchant
10 days passed since the Settlement thing started, I am on the 10th quest now - it will not be possible for me to finish it by today - I think without diamonds it is absolutely impossible to finish all 20 quests in 21 days!

kaymedic

Marquis
I did a little calculation for my axe production. Next Building i can unlock will be the clan shrine and i still have 13 days left. And i never used diamonds.

It costs me a total of 327 axes from now on to research all buildings. (thats different for everyone I know but for me axes are the bottleneck)

Divide the 327 with 5 = 65,4. So i will need 66 times the 4h production to finish my settlement. Thats 11 days if i can be online every 4 hours. I guess it is possible to use one 8h production a day with my coin production. So its possible to go to sleep or work 8 hours ;)

So 11 days is nearly the optimum for me (without the 3% multiplicator). Of course i can build another axe smith, but then another production will be my limit.

I would say it is possible to do it in time. But with a lot of effort. Maybe a little to much. And what i think is funny when someone is saying that an inno member was doing it in 15 days on a speedserver. Yes of course i would manage that as well if I had one day of playtesting without the waiting 4h every time. It is not that it is very complicated but difficult to be online every 4 hours for 21 days....

At all i like the event and the chellange, but i think it needs a little more finetuning. and the luck factor is very high. When I get 4 times the goods thats nearly one day less but with a chance of 3%... I am not sure how fair this is.

Arminius

Farmer
The expansions of the village are manifestly few for the development of the village.
It is a little complicated with space to have population, merchandise and diplomacy.
I propose that in the line of missions the goods are from this village and not from the main city, as well as the auspicious to the expansions is facilitated.

DeletedUser5439

Maybe I'm missing something - but this is by far the worst thing I've encountered in many years on this game. I don't know how anyone can complete a settlement without spending a small fortune in sparklies. Making enough of a product to open a new building takes days and days, and it's not possible to get an efficient layout due to all the crap in the map.

I know when I started each of my 12 worlds, there were times things went very slowly, but never this slow! I am NOT impressed. It just seems like a huge diamond-grab to me.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Maybe I'm missing something - but this is by far the worst thing I've encountered in many years on this game. I don't know how anyone can complete a settlement without spending a small fortune in sparklies. Making enough of a product to open a new building takes days and days, and it's not possible to get an efficient layout due to all the crap in the map.

I know when I started each of my 12 worlds, there were times things went very slowly, but never this slow! I am NOT impressed. It just seems like a huge diamond-grab to me.

It's certainly possible without diamonds in the 21 days, but I'd agree is very much oriented towards 'oh you wanted to get somewhere now? diamonds please'.

It takes 1 4 hr cycle without diamonds to get your first expansion. 2 more 4 hr cycles with 2 axe smiths to unlock shrines. At this point you remove the 2nd axe smith, and place 2-3 shrines and reach a sustainable 4 hr cycle. Unlock some more expansions over the next couple days - Build more shacks and shrines. Save for mead brewery at some point. Add extra goods buildings once you can sustain them.

If you're unable/uninterested to make at least 4 4-hr collection cycles a day, the 21 day target might become a stretch. This is the real bottleneck to finishing it without diamonds. 8-hr centric isn't a real option until you're almost halfway done. It is possible though to finish it without the bonus however long you need to take. You'll only missout on the greater runestone shards. You'll still get your tree.

DeletedUser9263

OK we've beta tested this enough. though it in the game already!! Let it brave fire like an ACTUAL Viking!!!!:D:D:D

seriously. its an awesome update and cant wait to see it in game.

DeletedUser9251

The game won't let me unlock the beast hunter even though I have the necessary Axes and Mead...only letting me unlock with diamonds...
upload_2018-11-13_16-36-25.png

DeletedUser9251

OK we've beta tested this enough. though it in the game already!! Let it brave fire like an ACTUAL Viking!!!!:D:D:D

seriously. its an awesome update and cant wait to see it in game.

It would seem that bugs preventing a player from progressing in the quest line would mean that it's not ready for prime time yet.

DeletedUser9263

there is some bad press and it's dificullt, though the rewards even if you fail to make the 21 days is worth it.

DeletedUser9251

You lack the diplomacy to unlock it. replace some space (say roads) with runestones temporarily to get to 280 diplomacy.
I was wondering if that might be the problem, but despite the diplomacy bar - that requirement is not at all clear and is something that should be clarified. Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it.

I've wasted two days thinking it was a bug and waiting for it to become available :mad:

DeletedUser9630

I believe that this idea won't go on for the majority of the players. Only if someone is 24 hours/day logged in and spend a lot of diamonds MIGHT complete on time. Very good idea but the target group is those with diamonds only....

Status
Not open for further replies.