• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeB1

Squire
First off, this is Beta. If they don't make new additions to the game here, there are no new additions to the game (and no new Eras), and no reason for Beta to exist at all.

If you don't like it, don't do it. No one is forcing you to participate, and its existence does not change the game. The "fancy farm" as you call it is not on the main screen, so it doesn't affect your city in the least. Ignore it.

First of all, do not tell me what to do and I will not tell you where you should go, please))

I'm talking of the spirit and main concept of the game, in general. The spirit of strategic warlike game disappeared with non-stop events, fairy tale buildings, yearly unfixed bugs on GvG, and now this feature. FoE (highlight specially for WykkenFenn understanding: FoE - the game, not Beta - the testing server) is loosing its uniqueness and becoming more and more like one of many fancy farms games. Probably for you it's good but for me this changes is sad.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Just an amendment, this is one difference between PC and mobile. If you play on mobile, don't click on your Embassy. The only thing there is an option to abandon. In both versions you can click on the scroll at the bottom for the above menu.
There are currently a few differences between the two platforms. As pointed out in the announcement that will be unified with the next app version. :) The changes are simply not there on mobile yet (including the one where tapping the Embassy opens the Advancement window).

Lionhead

Baronet
First of all, do not tell me what to do and I will not tell you where you should go, please))

I'm talking of the spirit and main concept of the game, in general. The spirit of strategic warlike game disappeared with non-stop events, fairy tale buildings, yearly unfixed bugs on GvG, and now this feature. FoE (highlight specially for WykkenFenn understanding: FoE - the game, not Beta - the testing server) is loosing its uniqueness and becoming more and more like one of many fancy farms games. Probably for you it's good but for me this changes is sad.

How do you figure?
First of all, there wasn´t any strategic warlike in this game before GvG. Battlelike, sure, but certainly not warlike. If you google "forge of emipres", the top result is: ForgeofEmpires.com - Build your Empire - Play Forge of Empires now.
So based on that, I´d say that the main spirit of the game is building and developing. Everything you mention seems to support that very spirit. The batttle was always there, and the warlike feature of GvG has been added, and the worst bug of them all (the lagging at calc time has been eliminated quite some time ago).
This new feature will in my opinion in no way interfer with the main spirit of the game.

griaxe

Merchant
hi there, (English is not my first so apologize in advance).
well, after 2 days of playing this settlement feature i got few things to say (sorry if i repeat anyone before my post but too much to read, lol)...

to improve:
- definitely need "reconstruction mode" for rearranging settlement without deleting anything (its costly to delete things which were pricey to build to begin with);
- need to see the full arrange of rewards, wich were only visible once at the start of new settlement (when clicking on the boat).
- need to see all the available resources at the top of the screen (not just copper, population, etc...);
- need to be able to see the guild chat for active GvG guilds (believe me its very important for some of us to avoid missing sieges);
- suggest to improve Emissary's bonuses (drastically because this is the only important reward in my opinion so far)... something like giving +xx% attack bonus or xx% defense bonus to your army (when active in town hall).. pretty much the Emissaries which give % bonuses and not just certain amount.. because this is the pretty much only thing witch would be the drive for many of us to finish settlement so many times.... so far the amount of the effort, time (and diamonds for less patient players) is definitely not worth the rewards. For advanced players few extra FPs a day and other things not that appealing... i am saying this because as i can see lots of players cannot commit to doing something which will be rewarding for them (in question) in a year of time :D... many will probably would quit this game before that... i am not asking developers to speed up the settlements but i am asking to make it worth playing it 15 times...
Of course it can be all done and finished fast with certain amount of diamonds (like pretty much everything in this game) but that amount is pretty "juicy" and could be very rewarding for InnoGames :D
i dont blame you but please at least make it a worthwhile use of our diamonds (if we choose to use them on live servers) and time...
thank you

DeletedUser5097

I did not read through all posts, but just would like to give a bit feedback for
improvment. While the way of unlocking stuff is new, fresh and especialy the
designe, fighting and negiotion and expanding an empire is a bit missing in
this. I would like to have a few unique units in my SC and a few simple
minigames for peacefull sollutions with dealling with a few npc's. Like GE
but with possible hostile encounters while exploring via my outpost. Giving
also a few random encounters.
Thanks to unique units for each unique CS, would mean already a unique
and fresh playthrough for each CS. Otherwise it would end up as just a
reskin of the Vikings.
A possible difficult lvl to chooise would also be nice, the higher the harder
but better rewards for example. Like GE unlocking higher difficulities can
be done by completing the previouse levels. Just a suggestion. Each level
adding a unique new layer of challanges. E.G. lvl 1 is just the basic like this,
lvl 2 would add a bit of exploration, lvl 3 random non-harmfull events, lvl 4
possible hostile encounters that required intention, lvl 5 random possible
harmfull events like bad weather, lvl 6 may even add hostile encounters
with other tribes or high cultures or foes of the chooisen CS. Each lvl adding
more complexity. Digging deeper into the RPG of the chooisen CS and
the unique problems and challanges they had.

Suggestion future CS:
@Zarok Dai @thephantom @Bryfft , as requested I would like to give
a few suggestions for future CS;
Ancient Greek (like from Grepolis, city states on isle's)
Roman empire (Europe, the outer borders of the empire, fighting against the barbarians)
Chinchorro culture (Africa)
Indus Valley Chiv. (South America)
Maya's (South America)
Olmec Culture (South America)
Sumerians (Mesopetenia)
Inspiration:

DeletedUser8119

Do I have a bug? I have the 45 axes to unlock the mead brewery but the bar doesn't highlight so that I can unlock it. I have put in a ticket

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
fighting and negiotion and expanding an empire is a bit missing in this.

That's a good thing, IMO. This is diplomacy, we are in theory making allies, not adding these cultures to our empires. I can't tell you how glad I am to have something like an event that doesn't require me to fight and acquire something on the map in order to progress. I don't want to have to do that all of the time. I do understand what you're saying, but I think it's great to have something different.

But then, that's just me. :p

Indus Valley Chiv. (South America)

That's actually where Pakistan and northwest India are today.

https://www.khanacademy.org/humanit...-india/a/the-indus-river-valley-civilizations

I'd love to see what the devs might come up with. Very good suggestion, I think. :D

DeletedUser9536

Is bonus capped to 25%? I would prefer it not being capped. I really liked idea of this going up with each playthrough achieving better times each time. I like this funcionality but I agree it takes too much time to get something really good. Maybe percentage should go up by 3% with each playthrough?

DeletedUser8530

After the first few days.
Where is the challenge? Too simplistic boring 4 hour collects with nothing to do with the game for a possible reward in 8 months?
As stated above why not fix know bugs in gvg etc?
Yes the advertisement is about forging an empire. New farmville? cityville?
If people find a simple village challenging to balance the economy surely you learnt that in iron age and onward,
I would much prefer to see AF OF VF gvg what are guilds doing with all the goods in treasury? Why not solve current issues instead of creating more come click button without any thought to the people actually play a fighting game (by not having guild chat) or even mail available while in village.
Many new players may find it interesting but fighters will never bother spending so much time and possible sector losses for a possible reward in 8 months.
IMO is catering for new players who needs 5 fp 30 goods etc etc
What about having a level 5 GE..if you dont spend medal is done by thursday what to do for rest of week? Create AF OF VF Gvg and give guilds something to conquer again. Some worlds became boring in gvg as all guilds held their sectors next to friendlies. Creating new AF OF could spice up diplomacy with friendly guilds now fighting over territory

waykwabu

Farmer
I don't have Ragnar to guide me, and for the life of me can't work out how to purchase a space to place my village on. So it's just sitting there with its little warning flag.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
I don't have Ragnar to guide me, and for the life of me can't work out how to purchase a space to place my village on. So it's just sitting there with its little warning flag.

Do you have this?

2018-11-06 (1).png

If you don't, and you have unlocked the Iron Age tech "Plowing", you have a bug.

If you're well passed Iron Age, you should have the Viking ship. Click it, and that opens a new screen. Ragnar should be in the upper left of the screen, with a chest showing a timer below him. You don't have to purchase space to place your village; the Embassy is already there with starter space.

2018-11-06 (3).png

Last edited:

DeletedUser7454

-Very expensive to loose diamondexpos for every new settlement

The expansions are too expensive compared to real plot expansions. The later are worthwhile to invest in as it will stay there forever. Pay 2000 diamonds (4 expansions) that temporary is very expensive. I do not say one needs to buy them but rather that they are overpriced. Maybe we need another mechanics to get expansions -- could be even medals -- and they could be prorated based on players age.

I wish for a pickaxe to get rid of some of those impediments. Vikings wouldn't have left all those impediments in their way in the settlement, that is also something to ease the expansion.

I agree. Would be something different to do in the city. Maybe even going hunting and fishing and gain additional resources this way.

Ok, it has only been 2 days, but I find it quite slow and boring. It should be more fast paced. Now it is just a light version of a new city and everything takes a lot of time and does not feel very rewarding.

It is indeed very slow paced and what more I am already wondering why the developer are thinking that repeating the same task over and over is fun? For heaven sake, GE is a boring repetition already .... at least the events are different. But this means we need to build the same thing over and over and over
~~~~~~~~~

One thing I found very disappointing on this -- and that is again a single player oriented feature. But since it is it would be nice if this would also give ranking points just as the real plot. Especially as it has the same mechanism as the main plot.

At this point would be nice if the developer somehow come up with a system that would more guild oriented and improve guild rankings as well as figure out the use for the AF-VF treasury. GvG is nice feature but was not upgraded now for a while. GE is OK but really doesn't do much in general for a guild ranking. It is a cooperative game and we need some more cooperation rather then individual plays.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7454

Also it is more cosmetic but it is not clear that one needs only 1 of the goods to open an extension. I only realized that when somebody mentioned it on this thread. It might needs to be presented in a different way. I originally thought I need all 4 goods at once

FrejaSP

Viceroy
This event is a little to much pay to play. I du understand FoE want us to buy diamanter but it is so slow without. I gave up and paid to unlock the shrine as it is way to hard and slow without

waykwabu

Farmer
Do you have this?

View attachment 3422

If you don't, and you have unlocked the Iron Age tech "Plowing", you have a bug.

If you're well passed Iron Age, you should have the Viking ship. Click it, and that opens a new screen. Ragnar should be in the upper left of the screen, with a chest showing a timer below him. You don't have to purchase space to place your village; the Embassy is already there with starter space.

View attachment 3423
Thanks, now seems to be in working order, and found where to get expansion slots ( preplanning lol )

Status
Not open for further replies.