• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser730

I started the settlement with 15 days and 11 or 12 hours left to complete it for the "gold" chest (the best prize), not 16 hours like mentioned in the post.

DeletedUser

I started the settlement with 15 days and 11 or 12 hours left to complete it for the "gold" chest (the best prize), not 16 hours like mentioned in the post.
not 16 days ?

the 16 days is for the first settlement
so 15 days 11 hours (+/- a few minutes) would be correct for the 2nd one

the third is 14 days 22 hours (+/- a few minutes)

the last (15th) was half of the first: that would then be 8 days

Logain Sedai

Baronet
My wish is that we will be compensated with more diamonds for the loss of new expansions in the settlement.
I had just starded my second settlement when the reset was annonced a couple of days later. All expos went to waste :(
/Regards LM

But you have the rewards for finishing your 2nd settlement. The diamonds (and expansions) would have been spent anyhow.
When Inno "finished" all the settlements, it made you win time, coins and merchandise. This is a great compensation for everybody.

DeletedUser8323

Hmmmmm, well i don"t play no more new viking or anything. It cost me diamonds, i wasn"t finished but FOE finished it.
Poef everything gone, i"ll stick to the normal beta world ,better for me and my diamonds

My wish is that we will be compensated with more diamonds for the loss of new expansions in the settlement.
I had just starded my second settlement when the reset was annonced a couple of days later. All expos went to waste :(
/Regards LM
And it's been posted over and over and over that you shouldn't buy expansions with diamonds. It's be posted that it was intended. It was in the original announcement. Your compensation was the reward when you clicked finish.

DeletedUser

You changed the starting amount of coins from 500 to 5000 and then 4h cycle in axesmith cost from 100 to 1000. BIG CHANGE, indeed. And yes, I know why, but still, looks rather funny.

All in all I am optimistic about the changes. I started my third settlement with 15 days for golden chest. It now looks more appealing, with this diversity in coins production times. No more "4h slavery", that was my biggest issue.

Pity there is no change to the rewards, but maybe next year...

Logain Sedai

Baronet
Hmmmmm, well i don"t play no more new viking or anything. It cost me diamonds, i wasn"t finished but FOE finished it.
Poef everything gone, i"ll stick to the normal beta world ,better for me and my diamonds

And it's been posted over and over and over that you shouldn't buy expansions with diamonds. It's be posted that it was intended. It was in the original announcement. Your compensation was the reward when you clicked finish.

@Sir Robi
You should know by now that the diamonds used for expansions are lost and should be used knowing that.

Also, as explained above, you have the rewards for finishing your 2nd settlement. The diamonds (and expansions) would have been spent anyhow. You did not lose anything when Inno finished your settlement with this update.
On the contrary, you saved time, coins and merchandise.
I can't see any reason for complaining, on the contrary. I think it is a more than fair compensation.

Last edited:

housemouse

Squire
Okay, was surprised today that my 2nd Vikings-Town was suddenly ended. Had not read that comes a rebalancing.
Let's see how that affects.
To be honest, I would probably have thrown the latest at the 3rd World.
So I'll play first and then complain. ;)

DeletedUser9523

It would be awesome if you can all share your thoughts on strategies in the next couple of days.
I.e. if your strategy in terms of coin-management is different than before this update, or if you experience a different distribution among residential, diplomacy and goods buildings. :)

Ultimately we hope that you now feel being more in control about your daily schedule, when it comes to managing your settlement!

Some extra shrine info for planning purposes.

Shrines - Coins per 4hr
Collect every 5min = 768 coins
Collect every 15min = 608 coins
Collect every hour = 452 coins
Collect every 4 hours = 300 coins
Collect every 8 hours = 224.5 coins
Collect every 1 day = 149.667 coins

Umbrathor

Baronet
I'm very happy both with the introduction of the settlements and the changes made. Especially the fact that there no longer is a reason / incentive to get up at night to harvest buildings and restart a production. I really appreciate the fact that Inno has a mind to the health of their players. : )

Deciding to cut all current settlements short and give the players the rewards as if finished on time, is very elegant. Much appreciated as well.

I do agree with previous posters that the four options for buying an expansion with differrent goods are confusing. I also believed that you needed 2 of each type of goods at first. I spent hours calculating like mad how I could finish on time that way, until I finally discovered that it worked differently. A possible solution might be to grey out the options for goods of which the producton buildings have not yet been unlocked. So, the Axes expansion option is available at the start, Mead becomes available when the Mead Brewery is unlocked, and so on.

The settlements allow you to contnue building and (re)developing a town almost daily. For those who like seeing a city grow, and like to puzzle, this is great.
If there were no obstacles, we could simply design one 'best strategy' and replay that all the time. The obstacles and the different amounts of goods needed mean that each settlement presents slightly different challenges, which I think is good.

However, I play on 5 worlds in addition to beta. Having to puzzle the best layout for six worlds on Excel (which I used so far) is something I do not look forward to. Introducing the Reconstruction Mode for the settlements would help immensely, I think.

Finally, I love the fact that there is a building (Yggdrasil) you work on improving over a period of time. A work in progress, more or less like Great Buildings are.

I'm not entirely happy with the introduction of timed rewards, though this depends on the requirements. I am online and free to harvest much of the time, so I managed to finish the first settlement with 3 days to spare. No diamonds needed, and within the shortest time frame. I am not sure what level of dedication / attendence Inno asks of people to reward them with the fstest time reward. In my view, everyone should be able to log in twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. Remodelling in the evenings should be possible too. Expecting people to log in more often than that, and remodelling the city more often, may be too much to ask of players with a regular job.

Finally: I love the graphics. The killer whales (orcas) are truly amazing.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Hello:
2 remarks on the embassy:
Vg2E1rDeDbJkWBpcaWastNqgiFgQ-CJOtXHHigLSGtJtqsfAdRDSSM0N0DlLNXdMHGFw9-R35gB3znh7YcJDegVN7CQuvgH60uQQvo13PQuPgHWw7hKpCCsASH8cAGmj1XmD8cSU7Lvqvs66Z7rUi3BUKmn1V-H7FEmsVw73kE1rVpJ6AJR4Nio7cB4n8Nfy_8uz8m2KMo_qSk4T6fkUdkL7-SoQBPUC3QNaHeonqFevxZm3TXlESTMEzSKtJ66PVuf2ywT29973CVZC_i1k6WsSvgDBQ2C5nGMsizM_H1oh5s0ZWUuBizz2Idi0IpdGC33MVSRbE_vJG0uGZvC0i4c-CuA-Jl0oe64te3C-rUjATG4a6QrErRcGzT4dQtTPacyUz2WiZ_3XJgiS8ZGAITO3EOIXdh1WlwKuEkgvMZH-3lReAqnLEnV8tEZUyNnL85Z-fBvYUO6jS0tbzqHlu7frYemM8b8UfQFIWnBhMF0vpbCFehuTRBWPFmjrn7IPWNpHbE3T87rg_lMeUUbzl61n3yPAWYj8suj4uH0GPskOTuVRvS_I147tcLqR7b92INUcmRkml8eiz3jA5I2QC0v_x_IoupM6D5ymQFxEz7KwFX1FH8lY_WALHVZw8AjFZ61XIzfwmtlw0KMfi6-B1bvAq_7jbwpPwQiCfTanOy9_P_n8UbGm3vfcdSfiUVgbmQ3VOYaLR42E6zuK4YKZSTH0=w854-h397-no

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Since the update the vikings walking on the street do not vanish anymore (at least not all of them) - they just stop moving. The animation seems frozen. New vikings appear and walk "through" the frozen ones and after some time freeze as well.

Praeceptor

Marquis
There is another way of playing these settlements if you don't want the hassle of developing your viking village to the end...

In a little over 5 hours you can get to quest 5 which gives 20fps. You need to build 6 shacks and 2 axe smiths which will just about fit in the village without expansions (once built you don't need the shacks connected by roads). Once you've collected 10 axes, delete the smiths and build 2 shrines. Viola! Delete the village and start again.

IGNORE THIS (DOH!) >>>> Do this twice a day and you get 40fps; three times and you get 60fps - better than the reward for the 16th run through!.

I bet this gets nerfed!

Last edited:
Like said above, the RED colour of required Goods are indeed bad visible and I've problems with colours a bit (colour blind) , like, I've heard many times in my life laready : more man have that problem, often more than women have ;-)

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
In a little over 5 hours you can get to quest 5 which gives 20fps. You need to build 6 shacks and 2 axe smiths which will just about fit in the village without expansions (once built you don't need the shacks connected by roads). Once you've collected 10 axes, delete the smiths and build 2 shrines. Viola! Delete the village and start again.

old news... :rolleyes:
Besides, now there is a cool-down of 24 hours after abandoning a settlement with at least one finished quest. So you can still do that method, but only once about every 30 hours, also (if not changed), quest 5 will give 5FP as well - so you effectively get 25FP for quest 5 :D

DeletedUser9050

There is another way of playing these settlements if you don't want the hassle of developing your viking village to the end...

Do this twice a day and you get 40fps; three times and you get 60fps - better than the reward for the 16th run through!.

I bet this gets nerfed!

They already changed and announced it. You‘re able to abort a new city after 24 hours..

Praeceptor

Marquis
They already changed and announced it. You‘re able to abort a new city after 24 hours..

Yes, I should have highlighted the cooldown (I missed the announcement), but it's still worth a good many fps a week - better than the final rewards in my opinion.