• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8807

Thank you for answering. I understood this. I was talking about adjusting the diamond price of the expansions which is really HIGHo_O

DeletedUser9537

I am looking forward to the improvements. I too was about halfway through but was finding the time to produce exhaustive.

Now... If ONLY we could enlist the help from some of those Vikings to kick the butts of those who plunder our woefully poor towns that we are also trying to build up... I have grown accustomed to Tanks and find my early age soldiers a poor substitute.

Perhaps at a later stage, we might be able to set charges with some of those explosives to blow up those obstacles in the expansions?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Glad to see that the scheduling strain is being relaxed.

My last wish is for there to be some added complexity in some form (more choices as to ways to advance; diplomacy being more than 'tear down part of your city, build diplomacy, unlock stuff, tear down diplomacy and rebuild your city') - but i'll play it happily in the upcoming state i think. Will have to see how the numbers work out exactly (the increase in starting copper from 500 to 5000 makes me wonder just how much the goods production costs are going up because at old balancing 5k copper to start would be *insane*. My only thought as to this logic is to kill just how much of a lead a player got by diamonding the first two unlockable buildings by letting free players get a better start without worrying about copper for longer.)

Last edited:
@Zarok Dai

For the first Settlement the time thresholds for obtaining fragments of the Greater Runestone will now be 16 days, 19 days, and 22 days (they were previously 21, 24, and 27 days respectively)
The previous First Settlement thesholds were 21, 25, and 29. So if you're doing a 5 day reduction the new days should be 16, 20, and 24

DeletedUser

@Zarok Dai

The previous First Settlement thesholds were 21, 25, and 29. So if you're doing a 5 day reduction the new days should be 16, 20, and 24
even if the numbers in the text are wrong the new times look correct based on the times you wrote

25 days is about 20% more than 21
and 29 days 40%
if you add those 20% and 40% more time for the slower two timers to 16 days the result will be 19 and 22

or take 16/21 = 76%
19 / 25 = 76% (but 20 / 25 = 83%)
22 / 29 = 76% (and 24 / 27 = 83%)

so looks correct for me and reducing all by simple 5 days would be wrong ;)
the changed the requirements to make new settlement is 24% faster

or in other words: they are not doing a 5 day reduction: they are doing a 24% reduction

Last edited by a moderator:
1.) Can we start with 5 of each good? *** My 3rd expansion is 15 Axe, 2 Mead, 2 Horn, and 2 Wool. After 3 weeks, I still have not unlocked Wool Farm and it probably (would have been) another 5 days before I could unlock it and then unlock the 3rd expansion.

2.) Can the 1 Fragment of Greater Runestone be untimed? *** I would rather build one GR every 18 months then possibly never win a single Fragment.

Either way, thanks for the Yggdrasil and the Fragmets from the Reset.

even if the numbers in the text are wrong the new times look correct based on the times you wrote

25 days is about 20% more than 21
and 29 days 40%
if you add those 20% and 40% more time for the slower two timers to 16 days the result will be 19 and 22

or take 16/21 = 76%
19 / 25 = 76% (but 20 / 25 = 83%)
22 / 29 = 76% (and 24 / 27 = 83%)

so looks correct for me and reducing all by simple 5 days would be wrong ;)
the changed the requirements to make new settlement is 24% faster

or in other words: they are not doing a 5 day reduction: they are doing a 24% reduction
That math is irrelevant since the days the gave are wrong and are clearly 5 day reductions.

21-5=16
24-5=19
27-5=22

And my main point wasn't their math. My main point was the original amount of days were 21, 25, and 29, not 21, 24, and 27. My suggested correction was based on their obvious math.

DeletedUser

My suggested correction was based on their obvious math.
so you think the developers made a mistake with the numbers and not the guy who wrote the announcement :rolleyes:

That math is irrelevant since the days the gave are wrong and are clearly 5 day reductions.
but a 5 day reduction for all timers doesn't make sense
the longer timer are based on the shortest one

and they never said it was a 5 day reduction
that is your assumption based on the numbers you saw

so now after wrong numbers in the announcement you expect the developers to change their math ?

So if you're doing a 5 day reduction
that is your misinterpretation after reading the announcement

they did a 24% reduction
and there the math is correct

Last edited by a moderator:
so you think the developers made a mistake with the numbers and not the guy who wrote the announcement :rolleyes:

I'm saying there's a mistake SOMEWHERE. They guy writing is human, devs are human. Somewhere a mistake. Creating math to support a mistake when you don't know where the mistake happened either is wasted time.

but a 5 day reduction for all timers doesn't make sense
the longer timer are based on the shortest one
Occam's razor; simplest solution tends to be the correct one.

and they never said it was a 5 day reduction

that is your misinterpretation after reading the announcement

they did a 24% reduction
Feel free to show me where they said 24%

that is your assumption based on the numbers you saw
So is your math. Because that's the only info we have to go on.

so now after wrong numbers in the announcement you expect the developers to change their math ?
Isn't that the point of feedback and bug threads?

1.) Can we start with 5 of each good? *** My 3rd expansion is 15 Axe, 2 Mead, 2 Horn, and 2 Wool. After 3 weeks, I still have not unlocked Wool Farm and it probably (would have been) another 5 days before I could unlock it and then unlock the 3rd expansion.

Hi Rob,
you ONLY need 1 of the 4 kind of Goods to unlock an Expansion ! Not all 4 Goods needed : you've the choose between them : 15 Axe OR 2 Mead OR 2 Horn OR 2 Wool ;-)
But to be honest : in the beginning I thought the same for a short period of time ! It's a bit confusing / unclear ... Maybe they can make it more crystal clear by writing a message about this, like (for example) : "Choose one of the 4 cultural goods to buy an expansion" ...

Something went wrong with the upgrade, my settlement was finished but I did not get any of the rewards.

In the announcements it said: "everyone will obtain the main reward as well as all timed rewards". Are going to get them later?

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Something went wrong with the upgrade, my settlement was finished but I did not get any of the rewards.

In the announcements it said: "everyone will obtain the main reward as well as all timed rewards". Are going to get them later?
The rewards are automatically added on "collecting" the "Finish now" inside the completed Settlement itself. If you still don't see your rewards afterward, please contact the support team to look into that for you.

Never mind. My mistake. I though I would get a Yggdrasil Upgrade. But this was the second settlement, so I only got an Emissary.

DeletedUser9265

There is another mistake inside the text of the changes. You say that a Shack is a diplomacy building, but it's still a residental with a 4h-production. Instead you did not write anything about the Shrine. So far I just think it's a slightly flip. But better to cerrect.

DeletedUser8822

Just had a bug where I coudn't click the finish button for the first quest. After closing the quest windom I coudn't reopen it. A restart did the trick.

DeletedUser9373

My wish is that we will be compensated with more diamonds for the loss of new expansions in the settlement.
I had just starded my second settlement when the reset was annonced a couple of days later. All expos went to waste :(
/Regards LM