• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Automatic Account Deletions

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8902

Would it be possible to display something like “will be deleted on dd/mm/yy” against the users name, so others can see and we have time to either add additional FP to their GB to get some reward or know that we are going to lose it?

Personally think donators should get their FPs back, but can’t see Inno doing this, even though the FPs will be spent on another GB?

DeletedUser

Would it be possible to display something like “will be deleted on dd/mm/yy” against the users name, so others can see and we have time to either add additional FP to their GB to get some reward or know that we are going to lose it?

Unlikely, I think that would violate the players privacy, especially with the new GDPR regulations.

DeletedUser8119

I used the name change function to change my game name consequently my forum name is still the original name I set the account up with. I noticed it hasn't changed anything on my live server account though. Not that I am planning to stop playing but
should I have my game name changed to my forum name.

maxbergheim

Squire
my name in the game and in the forum are different. I'll have to do something? I want to use the name of the forum that is very old (the FOE game had not started yet when it opened the forum), the same as the early tribals

DeletedUser16

I used the name change function to change my game name consequently my forum name is still the original name I set the account up with. I noticed it hasn't changed anything on my live server account though. Not that I am planning to stop playing but
my name in the game and in the forum are different. I'll have to do something? I want to use the name of the forum that is very old (the FOE game had not started yet when it opened the forum), the same as the early tribals
If your forum and game names are different, please contact support :). They will assist you :).

Hi! Will this also be done in the future on official servers?
Even though you probably meant "live", I still feel the need to emphasize that the Beta server is just as "official" as any other one (EN, US, DE, PL, CZ and so on) :).

Logain Sedai

Baronet
My understanding is that what you do on the Beta server does not affect the live servers. If you change your forum name on the beta in order for it to match your game name, it is not going to change your forum or game names on the live servers.
Maybe an Inno duck ;) can confirm ?

DeletedUser16

My understanding is that what you do on the Beta server does not affect the live servers. If you change your forum name on the beta in order for it to match your game name, it is not going to change your forum or game names on the live servers.
Maybe an Inno duck ;) can confirm ?
Confirmed :). Account changes on Beta will not affect US, DE, SK or any other live server where you play. If you play on many live servers, the changes are also separate per server. Let's say you play on EN, but you also speak some Czech, so you also play on the Czech language version. Any changes to your account on CZ will only affect CZ, and not EN or Beta.

If i have a forum account inactive from more than 12 month and a game account active...
The 2 accounts would be deleted ? The forum account deleted ? none deleted ?

DeletedUser7942

If i have a forum account inactive from more than 12 month and a game account active...
From my understanding the forum account will be deleted because you don't have an ingame account with the same name so if you want to keep that forum account you have to make a game account with the same name, if you find when making the account someone has the name already or for whatever reason it won't let you then you need to contact support.

The active game account you already have should be fine.

so that's my reading of it anyway but yeah it all does come off as a bit confusing.

DeletedUser

If either account is active then both are safe from deletion.

DeletedUser4256

By chance today I've logged in so I still had some FoE tabs in my browser and I read this announce
well, have to say I quit the game 2 years ago and I dont know if I will ever go back again but I also didnt want to lose years and years of game progress so I decided to log in again, collect my buildings and put the FPs in my GBs :)

Glad to see that finally there is no need to use flash to run the game but its too late for me, the power supply of my lap was damaged due to continuous CPU overheating caused by flash and I had to throw it away. That was the reason why I decided to quit the game that day

For me FoE has been the best MMO browser game I ever played, if not I wouldnt be back here for writing this post, for sure

Cheers

DeletedUser8859

another idea is give better incentives for 12-month inactives to return to play - login each week to get xxx diamonds

Reward with XXX diamonds for being inactive one year?

And how many diamonds for players who have been active the whole year? ZERO ???

DeletedUser8859

You know what I meant. Diamonds are won due to positive actions (sometimes combined with chance) like winning certain battles at GE, conquering a specific province, completing certain quests, and others.

But rewarding diamonds for doing nothing during a year?