• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Automatic Account Deletions

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

"This means that having different names on the forums and in the game will only be possible by having multiple game accounts that need to be actively used. Which means they need to log in at least once every 12 months in the game or forum to avoid the automatic deletion."

So having more than one account aint a problem???

DeletedUser8983

why wait 12 months of inactivity? 3 months are enough

DeletedUser7084

It has always been allowed to have more than one account on different worlds on the same server ;)

So for example i could start a new game account and still play on this one too? I was under the impression it was against the rules to have more than 1 account, even with 2 members of the same household playing the game they had to prove they weren't the same person.

DeletedUser7440

Hi! Will this also be done in the future on official servers?

Fairy Lily

Steward
The same that happens now when an account is deleted, you lose out on that level.

It really does not seem right to me that we lose out on those fps in either case. As the donator we have no control over the inactivity of another, nor the deletion of another's gbs. It causes unfair harm to the donator although all we wanted to do was help. Can't the developers think of a way that it does not harm the other still active players?

DeletedUser

It really does not seem right to me that we lose out on those fps in either case.

Investing in GB's has always been an 'at your own risk' situation, just like FP swaps. There is no guarantee your investment will be rewarded.
This isn't even specific to account deletion. A player can delete a GB, even by accident, and investing players would still lose out on the current open level.

Fairy Lily

Steward
Wow I know it's part of the game, I've been playing for 3 years... So I know it's the norm. But still, changes can always be made and reconsidered. I've never lost out big because I'm selective of who I donate to. But just as an example, you put 2000 fps on a gb and then the player stops playing and your fps just sit there. And then the account gets deleted and you lose them all. It's still upsetting and frustrating and sad.

And btw yes, I have friends and we all swap for full prize on one another's gbs to help one another get stronger. So sorry if you don't have friends that you like to help and that help you in return but I'm lucky enough to have found them.

Can I suggest a 2-phase removal of accounts

1) after 12 months of inactivity, remove account from being visible in game. send email to say "your account will get deleted". player can then login to re-enable if they wish

2) after 1 further month, send reminder email

3) after 2 further months, delete the account entirely

some players do come back to the game. some have a break, knowing that their game wont get deleted. you should give some grace period for those players, as this is a change from the previous policy. 1 week notice isnt enough. people might be busy, miss an email, not have time to login. so it should be possible to reactivate an account for a some time, perhaps meaning that current GB progress is lost but city is still otherwise intact

another idea is give better incentives for 12-month inactives to return to play - login each week to get xxx diamonds

DeletedUser4282

If I'm not mistaken Accounts can be deleted in Tools by owner as rules
have been set in place for it! Websites can get into trouble for keeping
personal information after owners of same have left!!! What ever
Inno sets up has to be within those rules......
Most of above suggestions are funny and strange!!! LOL