• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Addressing the recent Event Balancing Issue

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Please leave any feedback specific to this balancing issue and it's announcement here.
Do not use this thread to post feedback that you have already posted in the Event Feedback thread, thank you.
ZD

DeletedUser6908

Actually, I can think of two things that would have been 'fair' to everyone.

1. Change the daily prize and otherwise do nothing. If people won a lot then that's the way it goes. No one was refunded the eggs that they used, some of which were purchased with diamonds, when the prices of the treasure chests were lowered. They came out on the short end of that change and then they and/or others came out on the plus size of this one.

2. Reset EVERYTHING to the way it was 1 minute before midnight; all eggs gained or spent, all prizes gained. Everyone starts fresh as if it didn't happen.

As things are, the people who opened hundreds of chests still have all the prizes that they won. Even if they don't get to spend another egg they are hugely ahead. Others, who opened a few chests and wanted to save the eggs for later daily prizes get little or nothing and some are worse off than they were when the day started. No way is that FAIR.

DeletedUser4285

#2 would mean an extra day of the event. Devs might have thought of that already and are pretty much saying a big NO to that.

DeletedUser

2. Reset EVERYTHING to the way it was 1 minute before midnight; all eggs gained or spent, all prizes gained. Everyone starts fresh as if it didn't happen.

This unfortunately is likely not possible. To rollback to a specific time is one thing, but to undo every subsequent action that may have happened as a result of this, to each individual player, would be logistically almost impossible. In theory this is a nice idea, but to apply it I think would be very difficult. Just my opinion.

DeletedUser6089

I never opened a chest this whole event ( nothing looked worth the effort ) and eggs earned thru quests and town hall were stolen back. Not exactly fair. But nothing about this event has been that good which is a shame as i was looking forward to this to gain some needed/desired prizes. The one good that came out of this is the fact that we testers made such a ROAR that the devs made some minor adjustments such as the use of FP's as an added alternative to forced tech/conquer quests.

Zarok Dai you have my sympathy for having to be the Beta Admin during such a poorly thought out revamp of the event.

DeletedUser7149

I don't think this was a bug in the game, but a miscaculation of the programmers.
When you've a change of winning 600 eggs with the gold chest was 25%, than you can expect that this price will be won.
With these 600 eggs you can open 5 more gold chests.
And if you open 5 other gold chests, you've the change of 25% to win 600 eggs again.
You can expect that this will come in some kind of loop that you'll get more prizes(eggs) out than you can put in.

So I don't think this was a bug in Foe but just a human misstake to put 600 eggs as 'the daily special' against 25% odds.
In my opinion the people who played during this time did nothing wrong and won the prices fair and square, because they played and the odds were on there side.

Maybe the good thing of all this is that we all learned from this.
The only thing I missed was that the quest was not on my android app for testing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5473

Maybe the good thing of all this is that we all learned from this.
The only thing I missed was that the quest was not on my android app for testing.
Apple App store is ver 1.70 as well. No easter event

DeletedUser7235

Hello Zarok Dai, thanks for your message "Addressing the recent Event Balancing Issue"
thanks for the attention, it is very important! FoE testing it is continuous improvement process
and I will continue to help Beta team with great pleasure..
Together we are stronger!!!

Best regards,
- Queen -

RKinG

Squire
I prefer best explication. What the exact problem ?
This problem has already existed in the other day reward Egg's

After changement day reward Egg's to day reward Rogue hideout i win with Bronze chest 27 Rogue Hideout. It's crazy.

Why have removed eggs ? For stop test Béta ?

I propose a final test to not that happen again in commercial server

You made much too long to respond to the problem
and the worst way
Your credibility is completely diminished

DeletedUser6801

We are only here to find bugs or possible exploits to prevent them going on live servers.
Its reported, its fixed, so its a sucess.
That people that tested it out are lucky to get lots of items. who cares.
Only interessting thing is, will they change the prizes now or is there still the chance to win 300,500 or 600 eggs from golden chests?

Blumenfrau

DeletedUser4567

You can remove Eggs but not hundreds of prizes gained unfairly, total joke by FoE. Test site or not!

DeletedUser5902

I do not care that some beta testers got loads of prizes while I did not. I should have seen that a cost 150 eggs for a 25% probability of hitting 600 could be very profitable (with a little luck). I see no reason for "balancing". Who cares? In fact I think that this error should not have been fixed at all. It would be consistent with all other updates to rush it to the live servers regardless of what kind of spectacular snafu the devs design and release here for beta testing. This demonstrates that Inno feels a need to fix non-bug problems when they are of great benefit to the players, while refusing to fix any non-bug problems that are to the players detriment.

DeletedUser4285

they fixed the so called eggs-ploit cuz the amount of eggs players would by the end of that day would just be such that no one would bother spending money to buy diamonds, not even those who blindly spend their money on this game.
A good point made there about some important problems that need to be fixed as they are of great nuisance to the players but inno seems to take their time doing elsewhat making the players more frustrated.

DeletedUser5526

This was a good opportunity for those that know maths/statistics (finally it pays!) & had the chance to play during the "problematic period". While I have played, I did only 2 rounds... The point is to test - and we tested. I don't think it is a problem for people having 40 SoK in a beta server... That could be an imbalance on the real server (for just 1 event)

DeletedUser4285

Yes all sorts of tests were carried out where inno made us into labrats for their cruel selfish desires. :p

Being on topic the balancing issue recently addressed means live servers won't have that problem although will the event be a bug free one on live servers? Only time will tell but the bugs posted on beta should be fixed by then. I mean what if we end up saving 500+ eggs and see that day when the daily prize is 1000 eggs and the chance to get it in gold chest is 50%? :eek:

RKinG

Squire
The problem will begin again
No one has explained who is the problem
In fact, there are multiple problem

DeletedUser1283

RKingG the problem has been explained try using the search button as its a simple maths issue and not a coding issue.

A big unexplained issue for me is why players who spent diamonds on buying eggs only because they saw the 600 prize are not given back those diamonds. I logged in at 5 past midnight saw the 600 special prize so used diamond to buy eggs to try and win it, 3rd go I won 600 eggs and then I stopped.
I had all my 600 eggs removed but I did not get the diamonds I spent to get the eggs back.

And now tonight the same special prize on the very last day as the previous day, thats got to be changed for the live server as it will piss many players off here but many more in the live servers.

DeletedUser7268

Please leave any feedback specific to this balancing issue and it's announcement here.
Do not use this thread to post feedback that you have already posted in the Event Feedback thread, thank you.
ZD
sorry to post here but i cant log into the game and all the usual steps are not working my email username and paaword are all not working and ive tried changing my password etc and still not working can someone help please

thanks monica12