• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Achievements and Profile Improvements

DeletedUser5429

Very true. I stopped playing GvG months ago for that reason. Still wondering why Inno is focusing on tons of useless new features instead of fixing the lag.
It's a bit off-topic here, but my guess is that the GvG will not be fixed.
Inno seems to have given up on it. Probably too difficult and too costly (development time, servers...) for the return.
It's probably easier to make new things attracting more people than a GvG consuming hours everyday day.

DeletedUser7529

Achievements should give some extra ranking points. I was very supprised they give nothing.

podkap1970

Emperor
It's a bit off-topic here, but my guess is that the GvG will not be fixed.
Inno seems to have given up on it. Probably too difficult and too costly (development time, servers...) for the return.
It's probably easier to make new things attracting more people than a GvG consuming hours everyday day.
yes coeurdepat i think exactly the same, which is fine by me, even GE lvl 4 should still be optional but ok :)

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Question: are those achievements dynamic? I mean are the requirements Era dependent?
I think that's more than fair, as you can't expect someone in HMA to have 20 Mil coins ;) They should increase over the Eras, e.g. in HMA: have 7 Mil coins, then when you reach LMA change to 10 Mil coins for example and if you don't have those 10 Mil yet, the achievement is taken away.
They are not dynamic, but of course some of them will take some more time to complete than others. Particularly since at the time of release, some are already in Arctic Future while we also have newer players starting out. As one progresses throughout the game they'll be able to meet the goals.

DeletedUser7779

They are not dynamic, but of course some of them will take some more time to complete than others. Particularly since at the time of release, some are already in Arctic Future while we also have newer players starting out. As one progresses throughout the game they'll be able to meet the goals.

Oh, so they are all the same for all ages? Because in HMA first pig achievement is gather 100K coins (I think), is it the same in AF? An AF player would complete it by collecting from a single house heh ;) Not that I care, because all this is useless if it doesn't give any rewards, but still it's not fair imo. Would the devs consider making it dynamic and era dependent?

Not very interesting addition. Bit annoying actually. Too bad they've wasted their time on this
If they encourage us with rewards as suggested and make the achievements a real challenge, I think it'd be a good addition.
But yes I agree, right now I don't really pay attention to them, some of them just autocomplete (I don't even know what I did :p) Those should be completely removed imo and replaced by some of the ideas proposed here :)

DeletedUser4095

Similar to how the quest requirements of that nature work, the achievements do not count past progress or your current total of that resource. Since they are based on 'collecting', only the one amounts you collect from the introduction of the achievement onward are counted.
Well sorry then but why put on profile?? if its part of a quest ok but as basic information inaccurate. no I wont be using it then.

DeletedUser6908

Having the achievements all start from an arbitrary date for everyone makes them kind of useless as a marker of progress and some, like battles won are in direct conflict with the numbers listed in the Global rankings. They should take past progress into account if they are going to truly be a measure of a player's progress in relation to other players. They have all that info, they proved that when they redid the ranking points last year.

DeletedUser6484

Most of the forum feedback on this is negative but I differ on opinion. I like the concept. Players in my guild are already displaying their achievements in their profiles which tells me they like it. Badges can be a simple way to let players distinguish themselves from the rest of 50,000+ players in their world as a more capable player. For players that like a challenge and just like to have fun playing, the badges are nice tokens. For players that don't want to accomplish tasks unless they receive a reward item to use in their city, they probably won't like this but they are not required to participate on completing achievements and there are plenty of quests that pay rewards to keep them engaged. It will not have a negative impact on the game of a player that chooses not to work on achievements.

The easy to accomplish badges will effectively be simple "participation trophies" as somebody mentioned already. However, I do think there could be some more meaningful achievements with higher levels of difficulty which every player will not automatically accomplish just by continuing routine daily activity (like collecting coins). I would like to see challenging objectives since these really are just for bragging rights. For example, off the top of my head, some suggestions:

"King of the Hill" - achieve global rank in top 10%, top 5%, top 1% of all players
"Reaver" - plunder 25, 50, 75 of your neighbors in a single day
"Noble Captain" - achieve leveling up of all of ship's crew to L10
"Jungle General" - battle and win every GE encounter with no loss of units
"Master of Trade" - acquire 2,500 - 5,000 - 10,000 of each type of good from market trades

These are just general ideas that maybe would need to be tweaked but I put forth just to show that there can be more meaningful badges than what is currently available. I'm sure there are many more ideas for achievements that players can come up with if Inno asks the whole player base rather than just soliciting feedback in the forum only. Do a contest to get ideas...

DeletedUser6705

Just had a quick check... to get the Roads "achievement" all I had to do in my ME town is to build and destroy and rebuild and re-destroy (and rebuild and re-destroy ad nauseam) the completely free of charge stone age trails... surely a worthy "achievement" far more worth celebrating than GE level 4 exploits.... :rolleyes:

Are there really no other more pressing issues that could do with a bit of TLC from the devs ???

Last edited by a moderator:

SergeB1

Squire
There are no rewards accompanying the achievements. They are given as a visual representation of your progress and accomplishments in the game.
So, better use the memory that this useless feature occupied on servers to GvG. I'm really sick and tired of multiple lags on life servers after Inno introduced every new "rebalancing", updates and etc.

DeletedUser6891

Achievements should give some extra ranking points. I was very suprised they give nothing.
They took away ranking points for coin and supply collection and months later give us this. The graphics look like some kid's TV show, and I really do not need some ribbon popping up to let me know I have collected coins. This is really getting to be too much.

HuscarlTW

Squire
Values are a little exaggerated imo, except for the plunder 50 buildings (which is surely doable), but why not. Definitely a challenge!
Values should be adjusted for each Era though, I believe those are only achievable in AF ;)
See my comments in green

I don't see how winning achievements via a shortcut is really "abuse". It's not like there's any actual benefit gained by completing the achievements.

And yes, I agree that the achievements I suggested are things that would be challenging for ME.

(Arctic Future, level 84 arc)

DeletedUser7454

why do we need this feature? If they will give some rewards I would understand -- but otherwise why? There is not enough to do in this game?

DeletedUser5160

why do we need this feature? If they will give some rewards I would understand -- but otherwise why? There is not enough to do in this game?
It's how the F2P model works, especially on mobile. Positive reinforcement with flashing lights convinces the player to spend more time (or money) on the game.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Oh, so they are all the same for all ages? Because in HMA first pig achievement is gather 100K coins (I think), is it the same in AF? An AF player would complete it by collecting from a single house heh ;) Not that I care, because all this is useless if it doesn't give any rewards, but still it's not fair imo. Would the devs consider making it dynamic and era dependent?
All feedback is considered, which is not to say that it will be adopted. While I can understand the reasoning behind the achievement requirement changing per era, that would be a considerable change. Whenever you enter a new era the achievement would basically 'downgrade' itself since in the new era what you have acquired so far will likely not be sufficient for the same achievement status. I am also not aware how the tracking for the achievements currently works, so that may need further work as well. Which is not to say that it can't be done or won't be done, I cannot know that, but just saying it's probably not a simple change. :)

Are there really no other more pressing issues that could do with a bit of TLC from the devs ???
There is a lot of items being worked on - we've had a number of items announced here just in the last few weeks, and more still is being worked on in the background for the future.

You don't have to do particularly anything for the achievements, as they're given out based on your ingame actions which you are already doing. :) As for why it's there - as mentioned in the announcement they show off different accomplishments in the game, which you can also share with others. For comparison - a guild already gets the rewards from GE Championships without the trophy on their profile so you may consider the trophies unnecessary, but they show off that guild's accomplishments to others.