• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fall Event 2022

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
An interesting concept for the temporary GB bonuses event buildings could be a special event building that instead of being deactivated after X days, let it produce fragments. For example: 1 fragment/day and needing 30-35 fragments for a special consumable item with the same effect, eg: 5 days duration and the same bonus. This way you can have a monthly full recharge of set building, practically at least. I think that might make the concept far more appealing.

blueskydwg

Steward
Is this going to be a retroactive change? Or is everyone who is up to date with quests screwed?
Good question - because now it looks like I might like to build this. I misunderstood the number of goods - it will be 34 - which makes it more attractive.

Kronan

Viceroy
An interesting concept for the temporary GB bonuses event buildings could be a special event building that instead of being deactivated after X days, let it produce fragments. For example: 1 fragment/day and needing 30-35 fragments for a special consumable item with the same effect, eg: 5 days duration and the same bonus. This way you can have a monthly full recharge of set building, practically at least. I think that might make the concept far more appealing.

That could also work, but so much is being fragmented these days - it's getting to the point that some of the items are NOT even being announced, just executed (SoK level 2 upgrade comes to mind....).

We AGREE that it should not just be dead-ended and retain some ongoing value proposition (and just giving happiness, is a type of "dead-end" we're both NOT looking for).

Kronan

Viceroy
Why is Donkey enclosure so far in Fall prizes...300 points, i pay 1200 diamonds and then...again pay diamonds for ingredients.

Nice catch. Raises some questions for sure. I think we know why, but I'm glad you raised it for review. We shouldn't have to wait so long in the event, or play the event so much if we're "paying" for something.

I think it should be re-positioned in the track closer to the beginning. In fact, I would even say to SWITCH the Coral positioning with the Donkey :)

hades8840

Marquis
The ""
General Event Balancing:
  • We will increase the Ingredients you receive from quests.
When is this being done as my quests still only give 1 ingredient

zookeepers

Marquis
I think it would be more attractive (Cobalt Blue) if instead of 5 charges it produces one charge per week, but without giving any attack bonus, so that the choice is assumed if this type of building becomes recurring.
Inno made the mistake of straying from his initial base with buildings that produce several different things. Example even if it does not matter anymore with the removal of satisfaction in the calculation of battles, a building should not provide population and satisfaction at the same time.
Thus no building should provide FP and attack at the same time, either would force players to choose how to orient their city.
Buildings can produce troop boost and FP at the same time. Inno is just keeping on some funny design standards that when a building without boost gives max 10FP, the same sized building with the boost can also have similar amount of daily FP(9-10FP) meanwhile. The relation between WP and SoA is good, and so I know Inno can do it!

I like the idea that cobalt blue lagoon recharges, but 1 trigger per week is still kind of overpowered. You can double collect twice per trigger, and so, using it for the pirates' hideout, mughal temple, or the windmill with bunch of wheat path connected, each trigger can provide 60-80FP easily, and combo with BG would make it more. For a 2x2 building, 60FP/week is a little too much, even as a premium building.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
That could also work, but so much is being fragmented these days - it's getting to the point that some of the items are NOT even being announced, just executed (SoK level 2 upgrade comes to mind....).

We AGREE that it should not just be dead-ended and retain some ongoing value proposition (and just giving happiness, is a type of "dead-end" we're both NOT looking for).
Another alternative could be a much longer production time. Similar to victory towers with 1w production time. They could for example make the production cycle to 28d (4 weeks), not exactly giving the powerful buffs the building offers though it's reusable consistently and without fragments stacking up in the inventory.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I like the idea that cobalt blue lagoon recharges, but 1 trigger per week is still kind of overpowered. You can double collect twice per trigger, and so, using it for the pirates' hideout, mughal temple, or the windmill with bunch of wheat path connected, each trigger can provide 60-80FP easily, and combo with BG would make it more. For a 2x2 building, 60FP/week is a little too much, even as a premium building.
This is already the case daily with the GB (why would I have placed 3 pirate hideouts otherwise?) it would just be enough that it is not cumulative with the GB.

6zeva9

Baronet
Quote from announcement
"You will have 33 rush quests available to you immediately, and one quest for every day of the event, giving a total of 47 quests. Like last year, there will be 2 rush questlines that run parallel to one another after you completed the first 3 quests, both with 15 quests."

Will this be fixed as the first 4 quests had to be completed before the parallel quests started?

Some of the tasks in this eventline are bad designed. Example with tasks do so and so often stuff in GEX, achieve a new technology, reach control over that and that part of the continent map should have a doable adequate replacement task like 24h productions or stuff like that. But reaching GEX achievements relacing by continent map control over a sector is not adequate. Both might be unreachable for many players without destroying their playing strategy
This event really may destroy any strategy. One might simply be stuck at a certain point.
Honestly, I have since a long while never been so negative about an Event!!!! Building, design, set up and programming, bugs and mistakes

Please take more time on designing and quality as on numbers and frequency of events. Thats my heavenly send prayer for today. Keep your customers happy and updated about stuff you are planning and make sure you listen not acting

Ice bear

Squire
Ingredients empty, Quest all done....have 80 points in Grand prize. Hm...and I need 140 points to full event building. It is impossible mission,,,crazy event,
Well done INNO this is new mechanic without box.

Last year was 75 quest with box. LOL this year. And building same 9 level.

Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
Don't you think that Inno deliberately undervalued this building to make us forget other subjects such as the nerf to the camps and the increasingly invasive publicity?
At least one in the player base saw the "light". That's pretty much Inno's aim. I just like how some would question me with something only to be called out on cold hard facts thereafter. I did have a good laugh, though.

@einzauberengel don't know about you, but I do try to complete Guild Expeditions (just to get it out of the way) and most quests that require its tasking would be lit as complete. However, I do understand that some may not be able to complete all 64 encounters, as I was like that when I started.

@Ice bear this event is never one of my favorites due to the small amount of ingredients and not being able to get a full leveled building from it; which is why I had always skipped each year on it. However, this year, I am holding Inno to their word (and looks like there is trouble in paradise by what you're saying) before I can mutter "I told you so" to them. Inno can say many things as they like, but I always know the truth behind their malicious attempts to give the players the shaft.

At least one in the player base saw the "light". That's pretty much Inno's aim. I just like how some would question me with something only to be called out on cold hard facts thereafter. I did have a good laugh, though.

@einzauberengel don't know about you, but I do try to complete Guild Expeditions (just to get it out of the way) and most quests that require its tasking would be lit as complete. However, I do understand that some may not be able to complete all 64 encounters, as I was like that when I started.

@Ice bear this event is never one of my favorites due to the small amount of ingredients and not being able to get a full leveled building from it; which is why I had always skipped each year on it. However, this year, I am holding Inno to their word (and looks like there is trouble in paradise by what you're saying) before I can mutter "I told you so" to them. Inno can say many things as they like, but I always know the truth behind their malicious attempts to give the players the shaft.
Exactly. Some users are able to play all 64 GEX attemps in 2 hrs. Then you need for tasks requiring some attacks or negotiations some doable substitution in order to not having to wait until the next GEX round starts. If this substitute task is eg a new technology research the event is done for the certain player but eg if you have to produce 14 24h productions this would be OK. And above, if you you dont know that a new event will start soon you might not plan this in your playing strategy.

-Alin-

Emperor
Exactly. Some users are able to play all 64 GEX attemps in 2 hrs. Then you need for tasks requiring some attacks or negotiations some doable substitution in order to not having to wait until the next GEX round starts. If this substitute task is eg a new technology research the event is done for the certain player but eg if you have to produce 14 24h productions this would be OK. And above, if you you dont know that a new event will start soon you might not plan this in your playing strategy.
Actually it takes 7-8 minutes all 64 attempts in GE for many.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Actually, I can confirm that by completing all 64 encounters of Guild Expeditions in the week that event quests/tasks ask any form of such will have such tasks lit as complete without having to wait for the next round to begin. This includes any fights or negotiations as I had a few of them lit as complete without having to visit the GE map. There are times where Inno plays a cruel joke and puts a quest asking for GE on the day GE isn't active (Mondays) where we have no choice but to sit and wait until it starts again (if no other alternative was provided) or just settle for the alternate quest if we don't want to wait.

Typically, I do my GE across 2-3 days to conserve on troops; fighting for the first three levels while the last level I am caught with negotiations towards completion. I complete a level by using the free attempts, free extra attempts, and just buy off the remaining attempts with medals; then repeat the process 8 hours later.

If I get a quest within those three levels (before completing the entire GE run) that asks for either to be done, I will do as it asks for just to get it out of the way (for negos, I tend to use extra turn since I got a boatload of tavern silver and everything maxed; else, on live servers, I tend to have about 3 times the amount on hand just in case i have to hit the extra turn while collecting daily). Sometimes, like this event, I tend to line up the quests (defeat x units and fight x encounters in GE, for example) so I can kill two birds with one stone.

Now, Inno, how did you "balance" something for this event when (after completing each quest to having to wait for the next to show) I have under 20 of each ingredient at the waiting to be used? Usually, when you made a "promise" for us having the max building, you would increase the output of currency at about 5 fold. I am just saying.