• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Fairer battlegrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jovada

Regent
Proposal:

I would suggest to abolish watchtowers and siege camps, just as they have abolished the gagging champions at GvG, these 2 buildings are also just pickers and if you have 4 or 5 camps you do a few hundred fights at 0% penalty.

In addition, buildings that you put like traps, palaces and statues once put can no longer be removed, so whoever attacks always has the chance to take over a building and guilds who place buildings must already think better about what they place.
Now it is usually camp and farm points.

Reason:

Even if they fill it with palaces and you have to do 240 fights or more you have to take that province with a few men and you have a chance to be rewarded with takeover, also fairer to the guild that placed them because you can not put 4 or 5 camps to take it quickly with a single person. then you fight on your value and once done you have to wait until tomorrow and not accumulate endless points.

This would also promote cooperation within the guild.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Siege camps are just wrongly designed: it is good they take 24% chance of NOT getting attrition, but the next camp should not add 24% to that existing 24%, but add 24% of the remaining chance of getting attrition (i.e. diminishing returns), so that it would be 24% + (100% - 24%) * 24% = 24% + 18.24% = 42.24% instead of 48% for two siege camps. Then the third camp would make this 42.24% + (100% - 42.24%) * 24% = 42.24% + 13.86% = 56.1% chance. A whole different value from the 72% we get now.

Same could be applied for traps (which doubles the attrition) and for the buildings adding 8% instead of 24%...

Conclusion: this way you'll never get to 100% chance, but the idea of getting less attrition remains. Plus, it gives other buildings a meaning to be used again once more; although I expect siege camps will still remain dominant with above change.

Inearthed

Farmer
No way, it makes so much fun to fight with 0 attritition under 5 Siege camps. In german Dinegu we have an agreement to build only siege camps and statues but no traps. Very nice and funny. And there is no such a thing as "too much statues of honor" come on people, just replace your SdW or TF or sell it to the dealer.

Arwaren

Squire
No way, it makes so much fun to fight with 0 attritition under 5 Siege camps.
And that's the problem. There should never be a situation where attrition never increases. I know the prizes are cool, but this building is overpowered. Siege camps should be weaker

Elya2

Farmer
Absolutely bad idea! Buildings are expensive, which makes a good balance for them. If you want to build anything, you have to think about your guild treasury first, especially if your guild fights at G vs G. It's not always easy to take control over good province and if enemies put traps there you only can take it with Siege Camps.

Inearthed

Farmer
And that's the problem. There should never be a situation where attrition never increases. I know the prizes are cool, but this building is overpowered. Siege camps should be weaker
Well how much Sectors can you acquire with 5 Camps? There are not so many possibilities to fight with 5 camps, mostly 2-4 camps where you still have some chance to become attritition. And don't forget goods and 2h build time or 50 Dias for instant building.

jovada

Regent
No way, it makes so much fun to fight with 0 attritition under 5 Siege camps. In german Dinegu we have an agreement to build only siege camps and statues but no traps. Very nice and funny. And there is no such a thing as "too much statues of honor" come on people, just replace your SdW or TF or sell it to the dealer.

And that is exactly why i made this suggestion , easy point and rewards farming , no tactics necessary , just dumb bashing for farmers.
I don't say my suggestion is the best of all things , but the game should at least be fairer, i read a good suggestion of markus stormrider also.

Super Catanian

Merchant
I heard from somewhere, although unsure where, about some sort of Military Barracks building for GBG. Exactly what it was supposed to do, I do not know, but doubling advances made would seem like a good ability for it.

On topic,

I like personal rewards.

Inearthed

Farmer
And that is exactly why i made this suggestion , easy point and rewards farming , no tactics necessary , just dumb bashing for farmers.
I don't say my suggestion is the best of all things , but the game should at least be fairer, i read a good suggestion of markus stormrider also.
It's not a dumb bashing, you still need to level sectors strategically or you can eventually run out of secorts and be cut out from the center. And there are always different guilds in GG so there will be alway different strategies.

But it is not fun to make 50 battles a day and then sit around. Or even less if someone builds traps. And you want to take the funniest part out of GG? :D

Azertonn

Merchant
-1 Those features help guilds compete for tiles by committing more resources then their opponent are willing/able to commit.

Last edited:

coolyfooly

Squire
It now costs 10x more goods when building more then 1 of the same building on the same territory. There is now variety in buildings and every one happy?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
It now costs 10x more goods when building more then 1 of the same building on the same territory. There is now variety in buildings and every one happy?
What are you talking about? The building costs are still the same and there was no announcement about this...

+1 from me, GBG became another failure in such short of time.
For those who claim that all players have the same chances I would suggest them to look in the mirror and consider if they believe it.
How is possible one player who has the right to place the buildings to have the same chances with one which do not have that right.
And I'm refering especially to siege camps. Do you think the person who place them will do it only for others, won't that person for sure be the 1st who will take advantage of them?
Aren't those who wrote about equal chances never heard of complains about when the siege camps were placed and why none announced something on guild's threads?
Of course they never had, or they did but they like to act like things like that do not happen..........hypocrisy !!!!
But not to blame only players, devs are hypocrites too !!!
When GBG was announced one of the things they promised was that attrition will block players to exaggerate and we have all seen how truth that was.
And finally, although this is not goes only to GBG:
I BLAME THE DEVS FOR THE ABJECTION THEY LEADED THE GAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They took a strategic game and turn it to shoot em up at zero time.
Our cities do not have any more reason to exist appart the fact to provide the space to place attack bonus buildings of any type.
Never before in game's 8 year history the imbalance between players who use diamonds and those who can't was so shameless
And now that we reach the space limitations of the city plaese think of new ways to increase the attack bonus, I can you give you some for free.
Add attack bonus on birds and the trees and fish or waves of city surroundings.

Tanmay11

Regent
+1 from me, GBG became another failure in such short of time.
For those who claim that all players have the same chances I would suggest them to look in the mirror and consider if they believe it.
How is possible one player who has the right to place the buildings to have the same chances with one which do not have that right.
And I'm refering especially to siege camps. Do you think the person who place them will do it only for others, won't that person for sure be the 1st who will take advantage of them?
Aren't those who wrote about equal chances never heard of complains about when the siege camps were placed and why none announced something on guild's threads?
Of course they never had, or they did but they like to act like things like that do not happen..........hypocrisy !!!!
But not to blame only players, devs are hypocrites too !!!
If there's anyone to blame its the inept Guild leadership who cant enforce guild policies of alerting people to low attrition sectors. assuming such policy exists at all:rolleyes:

If there's anyone to blame its the inept Guild leadership who cant enforce guild policies of alerting people to low attrition sectors. assuming such policy exists at all:rolleyes:
This is lke blame the sun for rise from the East.
I guess its in human DNA to use tools for its advantage so in our case the matter is who has provided the right for certain tools and those are the devs.
So, for the sake of dialog, suppose I convince guild leadership to announce the siege camps placement this still does not solve the problem that in order to take advantage of it I will have to be on line 24/7 waitting for the announcement while the person how has the right to place them can do it in a time suitable for it.
FAIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Just a friendly reminder please vote in the poll rather than making a post, use your post to ask questions or debate the idea.

-Alin-

Emperor
Goods are limited anyway to place Siege camps in an endless mode all the time ...

At this point GbG it is fair for everyone, either here on beta, we have some rounds struggling to take second position when we met 1st guild in the same round.
Sometimes we have the advantage playing with weak guilds and use the entire map to „farm” every prize we can, giving for all players from our guild the oportunity to win something too.
And sometimes we just make a pact with another guild, just taking sectors and do not delete siege camps to save goods.
Not all the time goods are enough to place siege camps.

GvG it is destroyed at this points from the moment mouse scripts were used to deploy sieges in less than a second and none acting to stop people using them, please, do not make the same with GbG, limiting the battles only to 70-90(according to my attack bonus) ...
Game it will not being fun in this way anymore ...
And for sure I do not want to go out from guild and pay someone to place me tons of champions and just play „ping pong” with them for points ...
This will be boring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.