• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Fairer battlegrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jovada

Regent
Proposal:

I would suggest to abolish watchtowers and siege camps, just as they have abolished the gagging champions at GvG, these 2 buildings are also just pickers and if you have 4 or 5 camps you do a few hundred fights at 0% penalty.

In addition, buildings that you put like traps, palaces and statues once put can no longer be removed, so whoever attacks always has the chance to take over a building and guilds who place buildings must already think better about what they place.
Now it is usually camp and farm points.

Reason:

Even if they fill it with palaces and you have to do 240 fights or more you have to take that province with a few men and you have a chance to be rewarded with takeover, also fairer to the guild that placed them because you can not put 4 or 5 camps to take it quickly with a single person. then you fight on your value and once done you have to wait until tomorrow and not accumulate endless points.

This would also promote cooperation within the guild.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Dessire

Regent
-1 no please, siege camps are the only reason why low ages/eras players should be all togheter in the same guild and the same for high level eras. 30+ players in HMA with a level 10 obs. should be able to do a lot of battles for free thanks to the siege camps, they have the chance to do something that years ago was something nearly impossible. if you want to modify or "erase" other buildings, its ok but thanks to the siege camps almost any player can get a lot of statue of honor fragments. the guilds/players who don't want to see this are the guilds/players who are wasting a huge advantage! siege camps are the only reason why guild battlegrounds worths!

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
In addition, buildings that you put like traps, palaces and statues once put can no longer be removed, so whoever attacks always has the chance to take over a building and guilds who place buildings must already think better about what they place.
...you can remove them...

-1. Everyone has the same opportunity to put down siege camps, and there is no reason why they should be taken out of GBG.

Kenric

Farmer
I enjoy the rewards a lot. What I don't enjoy is the fact that as it presently stands the optimal thing for GBG participants to do, rather than competing, is to just negotiate to swap spots back and forth, with siege camps making them 0 attrition. The rewards for that dwarf the reward from competing for place. One bad side effect of that is that battlegrounds don't feel like a battle -- it's just an abstract game about finding the right places to swap back and forth, unless you run into a guild that hasn't grasped this yet and still think they are in a battleground. Other than that, I like the siege camps, but I don't like the phony wars they enable.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I quite liked the suggestion of a mod from the German forums - he proposed to make the effect of the siege camps to be "chance to double the gained progress".

This change would not sit well with most of the 0-attrition "abusers", but I personally could live with it...

1BFA

Viceroy
I quite liked the suggestion of a mod from the German forums - he proposed to make the effect of the siege camps to be "chance to double the gained progress".

This change would not sit well with most of the 0-attrition "abusers", but I personally could live with it...

like the idea...but not sure how i feel about 4 advances for negotiation.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
like the idea...but not sure how i feel about 4 advances for negotiation.
It at least would make it worthwhile to negotiate at higher attrition levels.

A negotiation at around attrition 50 cost about 150 goods + diamonds or about 250 goods without diamonds... Getting 4 progress for that is still less than fair in my book...

jovada

Regent
-1 You don't enjoy the rewards?

On the live server i have already enough fragments to have 3 statues level 8 , how many do you plan to install in your town the next year ? Or are you going to install 20 additional roads to the statue?
But you probably refer to the fp , goods , army you receive, well in my opinion rewards you should earn them and not farm them.
...you can remove them...

-1. Everyone has the same opportunity to put down siege camps, and there is no reason why they should be taken out of GBG.

Read again i just propose that they can't be removed.

Every one has the same opportunity is not true and the reason why i said to put siege camps down is because players abuse it just for farming

Dessire

Regent
On the live server i have already enough fragments to have 3 statues level 8 , how many do you plan to install in your town the next year ? Or are you going to install 20 additional roads to the statue?
But you probably refer to the fp , goods , army you receive, well in my opinion rewards you should earn them and not farm them.

Read again i just propose that they can't be removed.

Every one has the same opportunity is not true and the reason why i said to put siege camps down is because players abuse it just for farming
can you then ask to developers to change GvG to let all guilds and players have the same oportunity to take and conquer territories in the all eras map too? please? oh it would be better change it to let any guild conquer any territory in any era map ... ...

jovada

Regent
can you then ask to developers to change GvG to let all guilds and players have the same oportunity to take and conquer territories in the all eras map too? please? oh it would be better change it to let any guild conquer any territory in any era map ... ...

??? Have you ever played GvG ??? As far as i know all guilds have acces to the all eras and with sectors filled with archers (spearmen before) not difficult.
And any guild can conquer in any era map , a SAAB player can build a few archery and play in the iron era if he wishes.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Alternatives to suggestion "province owner cannot demolish buildings" :
- owner can only replace buildings with different buildings (building cost might be reduced for "replacing", as like in real live buildings can be repurposed)
- owner can demolish buildings, but it needs time (or diamonds) to be completed - if province gets taken over before the timer runs out and the building is not demolished during takeover the timer is stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.