• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Will Not Fix: Event history dialogue during battle

DeletedUser

This is about two general bugs related to the UI...

During a battle the event history dialog should not stay up or come up - ever.

1. The event history dialog will stay up if you "continue battle" after you have left a battle unfinished. Due to this you can (while in battle) click another players' "visit" button and leave the battle tucked away and visit someone's city. But no action can take place while a battle is active, so the dialog should have hidden itself instead of staying open during battle.

2. The new event pop up should never pop up to nag players during battle. The player cannot do anything with it while there is an active battle, so the player should not be nagged about a new event at all in the first place - it makes no sense.

expected behavior:
- During battle any previously active event dialogs should disappear automatically.
- During battle the player should not be notified about new events.
- Frankly, IMHO, the new event notifications should ONLY ever come up when the player is viewing their city, not if they're in battle, or visiting others, or in research tree, or in conquest map.

Cheers

DeletedUser

I got a notification about a gb levelling when I was in battle and mistakenly clicked the go to inventory button.
When I closed it I was sent back to the battle but was left with my neighbour bar at the bottom instead of the battle controls. Had to shut the game to escape it.

Amy Steele

Regent
As the event notification system has now been completely reworked, this issue no longer occurs. I am therefore archiving this thread.