• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Donating diamonds to guild treasure

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Reason
Some GbG players want diamond costs to be distributed over guild members
Details
Next to goods diamonds can be donated to the guild treasure. With donated diamonds GbG buildings instantly and potentially future guild features offering benefits with diamonds can be used
Balance
N/A
Abuse Prevention
Guild members must donate manually diamonds to the treasure.
Summary
Members can donate diamonds. With donated diamonds those with sufficient rights can use those diamonds for diamond options in guild features for the guild. For example instantly completing GbG buildings
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Only in the GbG discussion by Juan
Originally suggested by @Juan Primero :
@Juber it would be very nice, if you make it possible, to distibute the Diamond Cost to different guildmates. Now the "lucky" one who coordinate the the gbg has to pay it by himselve or must find someone to pay the prize. Paying in portions like paying fp into a LB can help a lot.
As CrashBoom said, it needs to be put into ideas&suggestions
that would be
donating diamonds to the guild treasury

to get this implemented it would need to be posted in the idea section

Quite curious how others feel about it. So, made an topic for it. As the GbG changes are still fresh and getting actively tested and potentially changed

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Emberguard

Emperor
I suppose you could Guild hop, dump some diamonds. Rinse and repeat a few dozen times? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You could always put a max limit of 1,000 diamonds donatable per 24-hrs (per player) if that's the concern. With the limit staying in place until the full 24-hrs is up even if they Guild hop. Would that solve the abuse concerns?

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
@Velvet Thunder and @Roberto.Rastapopoulos not providing arguments, supportive evidence, etc is not helpful feedback. Pls provide more information. Especially mods who should give an example should set the good example by providing more information for their conclusions and opinions. As the forum-team consistently points out that this type of posts aren’t helpful feedback.
Just a short notice that team members can post their own feedback. Attacking them for doing that, is not right. You are not required to provide any reasoning here.

-Alin-

Emperor
I'm 50/50 with the idea, or to be true, about 30 yes, 70 no.

This idea is for those who can't coordinate in a guild on how to spread fights, diamonds, resources, etc.

Keep in mind, for beta might be a bad idea, we get free diamonds here for testing, several players with VPNs can create multiple accounts, invite them in guild and dump these diamonds mostly into the Treasury, this isn't a right thing, cause diamonds on their main accounts are valuable, on alts accounts aren't and they can leech these accounts to donate diamonds, leave the guild, join back, leave the guild, etc, infinite diamonds.
Same can happen on live, they creste accounts, they get 100-200 diamonds, they donate them to treasury, they use those accounts to mine diamonds from GE, etc while being in iron age, and dump into the main guild, without keeping those accounts there to require goods from lower eras nor sitting them being obious for all guild members and for the other players.

So there should exist a limit, of eras to be able to donate diamonds, ATLEAST FE, or higher, but even so, it will still represent an Issue, cause You still can donate diamonds with alts on higher eras, believe me, there are players that hardcore on cheating running accounts of people that left the game.

Keeping that account/those accounts on guild would be obviously for everyone just to dime the camps and will take guild space also, but just inviting these accounts, dump x diamonds, then dump the accounts from the main guild isn't noticeable for the other guilds.

I can't find a way to bypass the alt accounts into dumping diamonds into treasuries.

Things are worse already with people using alt accounts to generate goods and diamonds, it would be even worse donating diamonds to Treasuries ...
We already have this behaviour on beta with running alt accounts, and we know that, we've seen that, I am 100% this happens on live servers aswell.

Another thing that could be done, is to set a limit of maximum 3-4 diamond options per day per player in a guild( I mean a player can diamond a camp only 4 times per day), like is with granting freedom on GvG, if it is to have the option to donate diamonds to treasury.

Edit: Those accounts in the guild to be able to donate diamonds Should be at least 6 months old members, problem kinda fixed, so You can't leech alt accounts that very easy.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Just a short notice that team members can post their own feedback. Attacking them for doing that, is not right. You are not required to provide any reasoning here.
Just a short reminder. It's expected by the team that we're providing explanations with our feedback. Setting an example opposite of requested and expected from player's feedback hurts future player feedback. From both responses from the team, including this quote. I assume feedback like: this update is bad, is from now on considered helpful?

Sl8yer

Regent
All this does is enabling guilds that spend diamonds on instant completion for GbG buildings to be spread out equally. It doesn’t really change anything. Some guilds spend diamonds to instantly complete GbG buildings, some don't. Only change with hypothetical donated diamonds is that guilds can spread out the burden.

That really is a stupid way of reasoning for what also is a rather stupid idea. If Guilds want to spread out the burden equally they already have the option. Give all guild members sufficient rights, so all can donate diamonds and profit from it. Not have everybody pay and have a limit number that has the rights profit from it.

Velvet Thunder

FORUM MODERATOR
Beta Moderator
Could you explain this? How it could be abused or exploited?

Players might feel its a compulsion to put in their share of diamonds, and might face "social exclusion" if they don't, or might be harassed by their fellow guildmates who do put in diamonds and made to feel like lesser or unequal members of the guild.

Top guilds might also start putting 'financial health' as one of the criteria required to apply in their guild. This might be a bit extreme but you never know what some guild leaders can ask for, like bank statements or other documents. This a no go area.

Related to the above, what if a guild is full of such players who have a lot of disposable income to spend on the game? It then becomes a rich player's club and will make life a nightmare for all their competing guilds in the battlegrounds.

Who will have the rights to the diamonds? The people will have to be really really trusted. What if one fine day a "trusted member" goes rogue and empties the diamond treasury? That is so many player's hard earned money gone right down the drain.

Also as someone else mentioned here, guilds might come up with a "taxation policy" where everyone would be required to pay up a required number of diamonds mandatorily.

And also things like it might encourage multi accounting, abusing diamond bonuses etc. In theory the idea is nice but because players are humans they will find ways to exploit it. Sorry if I did not make my reasoning clear earlier.

CrashBoom

Legend
and what if diamond donations is not logged in the guild treasury donation history ?

so nobody can check how much a player really donated

that would be like now:
if someone speeds up the building with diamonds and doesn't write it then nobody knows who it was

Players might feel its a compulsion to put in their share of diamonds, and might face "social exclusion" if they don't, or might be harassed by their fellow guildmates who do put in diamonds and made to feel like lesser or unequal members of the guild.
thats why THE CAN CHANGE GUILD
if the guild leadership are dumb, those guild would COLLAPSE
Top guilds might also start putting 'financial health' as one of the criteria required to apply in their guild. This might be a bit extreme but you never know what some guild leaders can ask for, like bank statements or other documents. This a no go area.
why?
If you dont want to do this, CHOOSE ANOTHER GUILD. Jesus Christ, let us play this way,
those who would put STRANGE regulations, will be alone and their guild will fall apart....
Related to the above, what if a guild is full of such players who have a lot of disposable income to spend on the game? It then becomes a rich player's club and will make life a nightmare for all their competing guilds in the battlegrounds.
isnt it the same as it is now?
you need to have diax to fast building. No change in it at all...
Also as someone else mentioned here, guilds might come up with a "taxation policy" where everyone would be required to pay up a required number of diamonds mandatorily.
as above, You dont like it, you can go to another guild

Arch1e

Marquis

Who will have the rights to the diamonds? The people will have to be really really trusted. What if one fine day a "trusted member" goes rogue and empties the diamond treasury? That is so many player's hard earned money gone right down the drain.

And also things like it might encourage multi accounting, abusing diamond bonuses etc. In theory the idea is nice but because players are humans they will find ways to exploit it. Sorry if I did not make my reasoning clear earlier.
The only statement here that I agree with being a potential abuse is the last one. Everything else is already a possibility, and to some degree exists already on live servers. I’m afraid that comes with the fact that people can use diamonds in Gbg in the first place. The potential for someone to dime their way through the map and emptying the guild’s goods treasury has already happened as well. As for the ‘players may feel obliged’ or other such, they have the option of going elsewhere if they don’t agree, but equally, if they join a guild where they know they and others are expected to dime something (or donate dimes upfront), they know that and do it willingly. The only way to stop any of that from occurring is to make something else the currency for speeding up build times. Like medals, and significant amounts of them. Donations can already be monitored for them, and their use can also already be monitored in game. So no difficult decision there. On top of that, any guild that has the option of spending medals to speed up buildings is only showing that it has active members who managed to accumulate those medals in the first place, no issue with unfairness because someone can pay and other guilds not having people paying that way.

Last edited:

shad2389

Viceroy
I know the leaders don't always dime them. I've dimed a couple on sectors that I was personally going to hit, and one or two that I wasn't going to be there. It's not really a loss to wait the whole time or hit at a disadvantage. Back in the day, doing GEX generated enough dimes to not be such a blow to build a camp, but now it's so dang expensive and the game nerfed the dimes.
i'd accept this if INNO would re-add more diamonds in GE like it was befor so this way i could stop boycotting GE on my main world

Thunderdome

Emperor
In other games, guilds that have their players spend for premium currency (other than in beta servers) often are the ones who are powerful that no other guild would be able to compete with them. You call these folks "whales". I call them "cheats" as they can't deal with a player who doesn't spend but play their game "fairly".

I am with some in saying this feature will be a bad idea. I have yet to return to the GBg scene to see what the hub-bub is all about on these so-called "improvements" (if any). However, I can voice from experience that once implemented, guilds are going to ask for higher requirements in dealing with such spending. I had been in a few guilds in other games that "forces" their members to spend so they can win and be in the top (if not the top #1 guild on a server); I had left these guilds as a result.

In this game, before giving my life away to my job (heh heh), I had been in guilds that require I make a few diamond farms in other worlds so I can "help out" in GBg to speed up construction. I like to limit my game to what I have (if any luxuries as to time) rather than creating excess just to "satisfy" a requirement. If said "free" diamonds are no longer available, I don't want to be forced into spending just to keep my spot in a guild... simple as that.

There will be those who will tell me that I should leave and go into another guild. There are only two problems with that: 1. I am not going to "throw" all I had done away just because someone decides to be greedy. 2. Hardly any guilds out there left that would go against the flow, anyways.

In this game, before giving my life away to my job (heh heh), I had been in guilds that require I make a few diamond farms in other worlds so I can "help out" in GBg to speed up construction. I like to limit my game to what I have (if any luxuries as to time) rather than creating excess just to "satisfy" a requirement. If said "free" diamonds are no longer available, I don't want to be forced into spending just to keep my spot in a guild... simple as that.
change guild than?

1. I am not going to "throw" all I had done away just because someone decides to be greedy. 2. Hardly any guilds out there left that would go against the flow, anyways.
you build what? You are leader? commander? if not - you are just soldier to do your job. If you dont like it - change guild.

There would be many guilds that dont follow it - those "no rules" "just have fun" etc stuff.

And ffs, what is the difference between this:
In other games, guilds that have their players spend for premium currency (other than in beta servers) often are the ones who are powerful that no other guild would be able to compete with them. You call these folks "whales". I call them "cheats" as they can't deal with a player who doesn't spend but play their game "fairly".
and the situation we have in game?
If you dont use diax in GB you will lose. simple as that. You need to speed up building wheter you like it or not.

Thunderdome

Emperor
change guild than?

you build what? You are leader? commander? if not - you are just soldier to do your job. If you dont like it - change guild.

There would be many guilds that dont follow it - those "no rules" "just have fun" etc stuff.

And ffs, what is the difference between this:

and the situation we have in game?
If you dont use diax in GB you will lose. simple as that. You need to speed up building wheter you like it or not.
And... you have proven my point on why this would not be implemented.

(I also forgot that we could vote on this, and you can guess where my vote was leaning on).

And... you have proven my point on why this would not be implemented.

(I also forgot that we could vote on this, and you can guess where my vote was leaning on).

In fact i am the one who were one of the big group of people that left guild after boss were doing stupid things.

We talkend in group of like 13 ppl and decided to go to another guild - (small on - 20 members, and a freind in charge) to start creating our own.
And guess what.
60 - SIXTY members in total left that guild in THREE days.

This is what you should do when STUPID leadership do STUPID things.

And yo usaid this -
I don't want to be forced into spending just to keep my spot in a guild... simple as that.
So why to be against it if it DOES NOT affect you?

If you will be in place when someone DEMANDS paying diamonds - you can leave and go somewhere else.
Where is the problem?

The spendind of diamonds on top guilds would be the same. Many guilds have spreadsheet wrtiting every diamond spend (ppl are telling when did they spent diamond on building) So it is present already in some guild... And yet ppl like this.