• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Donating diamonds to guild treasure

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Reason
Some GbG players want diamond costs to be distributed over guild members
Details
Next to goods diamonds can be donated to the guild treasure. With donated diamonds GbG buildings instantly and potentially future guild features offering benefits with diamonds can be used
Balance
N/A
Abuse Prevention
Guild members must donate manually diamonds to the treasure.
Summary
Members can donate diamonds. With donated diamonds those with sufficient rights can use those diamonds for diamond options in guild features for the guild. For example instantly completing GbG buildings
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Only in the GbG discussion by Juan
Originally suggested by @Juan Primero :
@Juber it would be very nice, if you make it possible, to distibute the Diamond Cost to different guildmates. Now the "lucky" one who coordinate the the gbg has to pay it by himselve or must find someone to pay the prize. Paying in portions like paying fp into a LB can help a lot.
As CrashBoom said, it needs to be put into ideas&suggestions
that would be
donating diamonds to the guild treasury

to get this implemented it would need to be posted in the idea section

Quite curious how others feel about it. So, made an topic for it. As the GbG changes are still fresh and getting actively tested and potentially changed

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Thunderdome

Emperor
So why to be against it if it DOES NOT affect you?
Why does it affect YOU when I put my foot down on it?

And, I already placed my foot down on it...
This is what you should do when STUPID leadership do STUPID things.
Because... demanding in requiring that guild members should spend for diamonds (excluding Beta as we get them for free when a new event/feature comes out) is ONE of the MOST STUPID of things that could be done by leadership of a guild.
And yet ppl like this.
Yet, it's at -16. Wanna try again, mate?

Because... demanding in requiring that guild members should spend for diamonds (excluding Beta as we get them for free when a new event/feature comes out) is ONE of the MOST STUPID of things that could be done by leadership of a guild.
and therefore if guild leader whould do this
the guild would fall !!!!!

thats why this idea is the best thing to do - cuz many guilds ruled by stupid leaders would fall apart !!!!

et, it's at -16. Wanna try again, mate?
Forum players are casual players. I hate this.

Most of normal palyers dont attendt forum < sadly> and people not playing this game foe 100% should not have any right to vote.
Those changes doesnt affect them in ANY WAY

GB, and diamonds uses like 5% of players. Only this small amount play this game for real. In any free time, in night, in day, during work/school, in every free time. Only those whould speak about GB.
Rest doenst matter in this kind of topics, cuz when guild cant fight in diamond league - they dont need those diamonds. So they will not be affected by this in any way.

This idea is only for the top of the top guilds.

thats why this idea is the best thing to do - cuz many guilds ruled by stupid leaders would fall apart !!!!

Forum players are casual players. I hate this.

Most of normal palyers dont attendt forum < sadly> and people not playing this game foe 100% should not have any right to vote.

GB, and diamonds uses like 5% of players. Only this small amount play this game for real. In any free time, in night, in day, during work/school, in every free time. Only those whould speak about GB.
Rest doenst matter in this kind of topics, cuz when guild cant fight in diamond league - they dont need those diamonds. So they will not be affected by this in any way.

Insulting just about everybody isn't helping your cause.

The "top of the top guilds" don't need this tool to manage the distribution of diamond spend to rush GBG buildings. I'm in top guilds on two of the worlds that I play. GBG buildings get rushed during every swap and nobody complains about how many diamonds they spend doing it. Kind of goes with the territory when participating in a top guild.

Sl8yer

Regent

Good to see you understand how the forum works. May I suggest you keep arguing in favor of this proposal. It is the absolute best way to sink it.

CrashBoom

Legend
how about
only players who spend at least 20 €/$ per month are allowed to vote ;)

rest doesn't matter because those keep this game alive
without them the game wouldn't exist anymore

Good to see you understand how the forum works. May I suggest you keep arguing in favor of this proposal. It is the absolute best way to sink it.
this idea is lost from beginning cuz players dont understand how this game is played on the top.

they are looking at this game from their perspective of players who just log once or twice a day.

Those players are neccessary, but every balance in every game is meant for the top. Not for avarage lvls, but for top ranked battles.

this idea is lost from beginning cuz players dont understand how this game is played on the top.

they are looking at this game from their perspective of players who just log once or twice a day.

Those players are neccessary, but every balance in every game is meant for the top. Not for avarage lvls, but for top ranked battles.
Just because you say it doesn't make it so. I think that most will agree that this game, like most, is designed for the average player. It ain't rocket science.

I think that most will agree that this game, like most, is designed for the average player
no game in the world is based for avarage player.
More and more avarage players should play, but balance is always for the top.

If something is broken on low level - it will be 1000x times broken on high level.
If low level can abuse something - top level can abuse it 1000x times harder to get more profits

Emberguard

Emperor

The more Guilds fall apart the more it would drive players away from the game, it wouldn't make the game any better to have that as the goal

cuz players dont understand how this game is played on the top.

You don't know that. You're not the arbitrator of everyone elses understanding nor their experiences. You have no idea which players have played at the top, whether they helped shape it or if they've understood it and then chosen to take a different path

You seem to be under the impression that merely understanding something is the sole determining factor on whether everyone would agree it's a good idea.... it's not. If that was the case everyone would agree with any idea the developers come up with. It needs more than just understanding, an idea needs to align with everyone's interests for everyone to agree on it

and people not playing this game foe 100% should not have any right to vote.

Good thing only players can vote ;) You're not the one and only person that plays the game. Anyone not playing wouldn't have access to the forums in the first place

If low level can abuse something - top level can abuse it 1000x times harder to get more profits

Of course. And the market in general has shifted over the years on whether anyone even wants to have a fight which then massively skews the end results anyway

It's not just Forge of Empires, but other unrelated city based war games as well. People are a lot more inclined these days to wanting alliances with pre-arranged outcomes instead of a proper fight. Reaching the top and then staying there is a lot of time and effort compared to just agreeing on something

Just because you say it doesn't make it so. I think that most will agree that this game, like most, is designed for the average player. It ain't rocket science.

Yeah. It is much easier to tone down a games difficulty than it is to ramp it up.

May I suggest you keep arguing in favor of this proposal. It is the absolute best way to sink it.

Haha. You're probably right.

Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
Only ones that have "greedy" leaders in wanting people to spend for money instead of playing the game on how that player plays. You sure don't know how guilds work or probably were in a lot that doesn't tickle your fancy.
Forum players are casual players.
I beg to differ, mate. Majority of the forum members I had come to know over the years are a mix of casual and die-hard players. You should read upon the first feedback about Guild Battlegrounds (GBg) on how everyone felt when the changes were initially made before making baseless claims. I came to this forum upon playing said game in 2012 and had learned that there was a Beta server.
I hate this.
Too bad, Kemosabe. Casual and die-hard players were always the mix that makes things go round.
Most of normal palyers dont attendt forum < sadly>
I guess the same could be said that players hardly knew there was a forum... or don't even care to right click and select "forum" while in game. To each their own but I don't criticize them for utilizing their preference.
and people not playing this game foe 100% should not have any right to vote.
So, basically, you just wanted folks who are on FOE 24/7 to only vote. Majority of the players have an outside life... and, in my case, I work long hours and days across a 6-day work week, so that makes playing FOE a limited luxury for me. Changes will always affect everyone, no matter what. Look at what's going with the events nowadays. I had to take a read on some of the past ones through this forum that are only mere shadows of their former selves. If anything, it starts to look a little like Candy Crush.
GB, and diamonds uses like 5% of players.
By your standards, 95% of the players do not matter to you. Then again, I guess that's the norm across many games I had played where the developers catered to the "whales" and creating an even further spread on balancing. In 2012, I had seen FOE (Inno) catered to just about everyone within spec (has to be within the rules as set forth in order to be considered) on varying ideas and suggestions as well as feedback (guess you were not there when we had the first PVP fiasco that Inno pulled out and returned other features upon receiving a very large amount of negative feedback; and, that was more than just the 5%).
So, other guilds don't matter? Just the top ones? Got news for you, mate... a change made WILL affect all guilds, not just the top ones.
only players who spend at least 20 €/$ per month are allowed to vote ;)
Yep, by his standards, he wants it that way.
Well, we all start from the bottom. It is you who do not understand how this game is played. This idea was lost for the mere fact that no one wants to throw years of playing with a guild they grew to love (friendships and relationships) all because someone got a bit greedy in making spending for diamonds a requirement.
no game in the world is based for avarage player.
Another baseless claim. Most games out in the world are F2P (free to play) with no pressure to buy premium currency associated with said game. Some play more than others; again, it has to do with balancing real life with gaming life.
More and more avarage players should play, but balance is always for the top.
Balance is for just about everyone in this game. We level our GBs just the same way as a top player does. It may take time, but we don't have to spend for diamonds. However, other games did break when developers worked on balance; it was for the top spenders that made such features unavailable for the average player... as in, no one else was able to play.
Good thing only players can vote ;) You're not the one and only person that plays the game. Anyone not playing wouldn't have access to the forums in the first place
So true. I got access via the right click part in game the first time around, heh heh. After that, I just type in "forum" and the address bar fills in the rest.

So, other guilds don't matter? Just the top ones? Got news for you, mate... a change made WILL affect all guilds, not just the top ones.
how? you dont need diamond on platinum league. in map in fact only 2-3 guild need diamonds. Rest take max 1-2 sector. No need to spend diamonds...

So, basically, you just wanted folks who are on FOE 24/7 to only vote.
to only vote for gameplay demanding time.

Guild expedition - everyone, events - everyone, trades - everyone, budiling, Great Builigns - everyone., GvG (only for thos playing gvg (really playing) and GB only for really playing GB.

If someone stick in low guild sitting on beach and talks about balancing GB in the way "hurr durr it will make ppl strange and demanding" sorry, it like me (european) talking about some tribe in zimbabwe.

Well, we all start from the bottom. It is you who do not understand how this game is played. This idea was lost for the mere fact that no one wants to throw years of playing with a guild they grew to love (friendships and relationships) all because someone got a bit greedy in making spending for diamonds a requirement.
Well, if they are NOW letting somoeone greed to be in charge - it is their foult. This idea would open eyes for them. Then can go in group to another guild. (as i did back then with 60 members)

And this idea DOES NOT affect balance.

Tell me. What is the diffrence between spending diamonds now, and if the idea would be included? It is all about - who have more diamonds. Nothing more. The balance on GB would not change. The amount of diax would be still the same. It is just for simple reason - some folks, are ending game and hae 30k diamonds. Let them spend it for guild.
Another exaple. Someone has tones of diamonds but not playing all time and he would like to help speeding buidlings. But again - he cant.

It is all to collect diamonds from those who want it to Guild treasure, so the GB officer can speed up buidling when it is necessary.

it doent not change the fp2 or p2w. Same players are spending same diamonds. But they are not spending it dirrectly for builing, but for guilds - which useses it as any other "goods" on the GB. Simple as that. It does not change the way of play, it deonst change the amount of diax.

Some freakse will requiare donations - those guild will die. It will max few guilds per server wiith idiots in charge. Rest- 99% of guilds will stay as they are.